Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

drjuggalo posted:

I’m still holding out that iida is the villains traitor before he gets powerscaled out of the manga from the deku-baku-shouts holy trinity

I do wonder what bakugou's associated personal character development will be with his next obligatory shonen power up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

logger posted:

No one on the hero side knows Best Jeanist is dead yet.

Unless...

I've seen people reference that but maybe I wasn't paying attention - when was that confirmed? Last I remember he told Hawks he was missing a lung

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
One arc people ITT are forgetting

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I mean are the editors realistically going to let something this popular just end? Gotta pad out MHA Shippuden discovering all of Deku's OfA abilities and introduce dice roll Mecha Frieza with henchmen dice roll evil moustache class A clones as the new big bads after Shiggy and AfO are properly taken care of.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Bro Dad posted:

shirakumo is loving dead dude

I like how fast and unceremonious it was. Resist the melodrama.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
You goons Hori is such a Star Wars nerd you should know how this reveal is going to go down. AfO is even modelled after Darth Vader.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

endeavor was supposed to be a teacher at ua originally, wasn't he? but horikoshi changed his mind because that'd make them too strong. not really surprising that he works as a teacher when that was what his role was supposed to be in the first place

I can imagine endeavor flunking an entire class way easier than eraser

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Ah, I see you're a person of culture as well.

(As if we needed any more hints that Horikoshi probably played CoH.)

I'm too lazy to find the panel where All Might says the proto hero society was in Rhode Island.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

only member of the VA to kill someone from the liberation army.

Not disagreeing or to but actually, but...

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Actually historically the marketing truism is girls are a lot more likely to do boy stuff than boys are to do girl stuff, and that is part of the explanation

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
The deep mechanical implications of Monoma's quirk basically guarantee they will never be explored. This ain't HxH.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Crasical posted:

The odds of it being a deliberate reference are approximately nil, but every time we see her in action I rethink that Mirko 100% fits the City of Heroes Scrapper archetype. She's a soloist who doesn't team, has a simple powerset of speed/strength/toughness that encourages aggressive melee combat, and has run off on her own leaving her allies behind in search of more nomus to dismember because they're moving too slowly for her.

Agreed but Hori did play (plays?) CoH and there have been a number of explicit references. Mha technically takes place in the same universe as CoH.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
The every-bad-guy-who-gets-violenced is a twice clone bait and switch is getting pretty stale imo

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Twice I can see, but wasn't Toga like a wanted serial killer before she even got involved with the VA?

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Big oof

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Do we know what happens to someone's original quirk if they receive then pass on OfA? The only users we know a lot about were naturally quirkless. If the original quirk gets passed too, they could conclude the series on literally every quirk user passing it around then just have Eri erase everything.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Editor: you can't reveal AfO is deku's dad by having him say "deku i am ur father"

Hori: you can gently caress right off why do you think I did literally any of this?!

-every day at WSJ

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Rhonne posted:

Deku will just replace his arm with black whip in the shape of a hand.

Black whip has the properties of both rubber and gum.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Hunt11 posted:

Bakugou would be the 10th.

The ole Grover Cleveland

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
It would be the most sith move, which with Hori means it's on the table

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Professorjuggalo posted:

seto turns into aizawa, sugarman turns into deku

Please put seto kaiba in this anime and let Monoma join his hero agency

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Stings now, but this is the start of Twice's heel turn to the good guys.

Also, Edgeshot is a villain.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I think Dabi is going to come to his senses and rejoin Endeavor and undo all the damage Shoto did to Endeavor's psyche in recent arcs

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

CharlestonJew posted:

squeezes himself into Shiggy's butthole and destroys him from the inside

Muffled japanese screaming one for all full cowling

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Rhonne posted:

No wonder Dabi messes up all the time, he doesn't believe in the power of evil friendship.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Twice and everyone in the VA are mass murderers with no clear overriding moral justification who, from the perspective of info the cops have, cannot be rehabilitated and Hawks was legally and morally justified in killing him.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Truly the only correct move for society is to allow the mentally ill to use their nukes freely as penance for not being a perfect, omniscient, omnipotent utopia and allowing failing to predict and prevent the situation from arising.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Brother Entropy posted:

it's weird that people can read a manga that consistently highlights the ways in which the current society is flawed and fails people for so long and still make these weird hyperbolic strawmen that no one in the thread is remotely saying

No one but a third of the posts since the chapter dropped. Go back and read posts by SyntheticPolygon, Dr SubterFuge, Mystic Mongol, Shere, Babysitter Super Sleuth, and ZiegeDame over the last few pages if you want specificity.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Badactura posted:

Spoilers:

Flawless victory for the hospital heroes, drat.

So, everyone dies, huh?

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Do metamorphic quirks manifest at birth or early childhood? Did Wash's mom give birth to a washing machine or coming home to find her 1st grader transformed into a washing machine?

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I hope they use you cannot run for this when it's animated

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I'm ok never having to think about what happened to that dog again

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

TheKingofSprings posted:

Much like in Harry Potter, the bad guys will take over and begin teaching villain classes

Twice would've won teacher of the year

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Ramadu posted:

bakugo sucks and is awful and i do not understand at all why people like him

Running over this same old ground, and have we fou-ou-ound...

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Do it is canon and it's in palpatine's voice

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Heroes really should have already invested in a hard counter to super regen considering how often it's been used against them with noumu

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Fwiw my friend in Japan says their response has been 100% about keeping the Olympics and not public health and the public is really, really unhappy about that.

Have they confirmed vigilantes is eventually getting animated?

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Vinylshadow posted:

I mean, given Machia's size and strength, wouldn't he just rip up the ground around the sticky orb?

Stick him to himself with the ole grape shoelaces bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Sub Harrison posted:

I don't think they have a future in the hero business now that the average criminal is no longer some city punks. Year 2 will begin Iida, Ochako and all other students without lethal combat quirks getting transferred to a safer school. This will get rid of all the Krillin/Yamcha/etc distractions so we can fully focus on Deku and Vegeta. The others will still visit for beach and Christmas filler arcs tho.

Now I can't decide if I like lethal Iida better with barbed wire shin guards or just like a jousting lance