Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
After joining class A, Toga spends her free time filming TikTok dances on the sidewalk in front of the house of that one grandma she unceremoniously killed off screen for a 5 minute disguise. Grandma's widowed husband watches from the window. The system has been fixed. :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
All Might having a natural quirk awaken here would be silly but awesome

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Supremezero posted:

I'd ask why they can't just give Hagakure clothes, because god knows every other media with invisible people have come up with some way to make invisible clothes, but I suppose this is still the manga with Mineta in it.

Mirio can have intangible clothes, but this is a bridge too far...

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Can't ask Goku a question when he blows yo rear end up from 3 planets away

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Manga quietly ends after this fight never panning back to Shiggy & Deku. Their fate is answered in a tweet 3 months later.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
The anime could fix all of this by letting Trey Parker dub AfO with the Cartman voice for this arc

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Truly this is a manga that has shown a deep and abiding care for the reality of physical impact on a human body.

No no no you must understand, despite becoming quadraplegic in the last 10 minutes All Might is very much saved and not dead from shock and blood loss lol. I mean even by manga standards this is ungrounded.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not sure what manga standards you are talking about but 'person who is badly beaten up doesn't die of shock and blood loss' is 99% of the ones I have.

Yeah if it's some goku fightman the story is trying to powerlevel, but here he's explicitly a depowered normal guy.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I like that they had to sideline Bakugo like Goku or Superman so others had a chance to do stuff and the only person powerful enough to kill Bakugo was Bakugo

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Mystic Mongol posted:

raised by rats

Turtle power!

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
That's a Goku v Frieza reference right?

Lmao if AfPotato no sells this

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Toga and Dabi? Evil babies.

Twice? Evil baby too.

All of Nagant and Hawks' government sanctioned murder targets? Evil babies yet again!

Everyone can be saved, except evil babies, luckily everyone who would ever need to be saved is an evil baby. Good thing too, because otherwise we might have to reexamine our biases.

Most Japanese ending.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I mean, this same story did a parallel redemption arc (with bad but of course not nearly as bad of offenses) with Endeavor that was generally well-received. I think doing this kind of arc with Shiggy "well" would look like voluntary servitude for the rest of his life for the families of his victims, ackowledging he can never truly repent, and acting as a living "Symbol of Peace" level cautionary tale against all the things that spawned the various members of the villain alliance.

I'm imagining like that guy in Millenium Actress who lived in poverty going around to the families of all of his war crime victims to help them in any way he could and beg forgiveness for the rest of his days, or that real life WW2 war criminal guy who after he got out of jail constructed a jail in his house to live in because he didn't think society had punished him enough.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I don't know how the Punisher is normally, but he is reminding me way too much of this episode of an animated Batman series where the Joker decides to LARP as Batman and decides to come down hard on crimes like kids drawing on the sidewalk with chalk ("Graffiti!") or people checking out 11 items in a 10 items or less checkout line.

Which ep is that? I'd love to watch

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
ghost nana gon git in there and piledrive shiggy's soul to death

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Rhonne posted:

No mention or sight of Toga during that Uraraka scene. She's probably not dead then? They probably would have shown the body if she was, right?

that was Toga :tinfoil:

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Shiggy successfully blows up Japan, leaving himself and Deku as the only survivors of the named cast. Shiggy flies off to do the same thing for the Yellowstone supercaldera. Deku knows he is so close to breaking through to him!

Fans broadly agree it's fine since 99.9% of victims were background characters, tragic backstories means no agency, and shiggy was not an evil baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
We'll always have United States of Smash