Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Allarion posted:

The anime studio will be Bones. That could actually work out very well depending on who's working on it.

get hype for a terrible anime original ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Sam Faust posted:

Second to last episode Deku wins the tournament and then All Might jumps in the middle of the stage.

All Might, "Good work my boy! It seems I've finally found someone strong enough to kill me!"

Then it turns out Quirks are caused by the souls of people who died during World War II

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ruggington posted:

not a fan of fma, huh?

or soul eater or ouran or blood blockade battlefront, I guess

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

aers posted:

It was Bones.

A rumor was posted on 2ch about ~2 weeks ago that Bones was doing this show, with Kenji Nagasaki directing and Umakoshi doing character designs. Take that as you will but that key visual art is definitely in line with Umakoshi's style. If its true that's pretty great staff for a series like this.

the Gundam Build Fighter director?

okay, sure, let's do this

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Guy A. Person posted:

Lol I love that the kind of cliches that fans of other media would call "anime", anime fans refer to as "jrpg". i guess there is always someone lower on the food chain.

if we keep saying things we don't like are for people we think less of, we'll feel better about ourselves! It's fullproof!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Petiso posted:

I liked the first FMA anime's ending and didn't even realize it was a made up thing (although I heard it was still written by Arakawa?), and at the time I was under the impression most people liked it too, is it really as hated as DBGT nowadays? :psyduck:

arakawa had absolutely nothing to do with it. You can tell by how relentlessly and pointlessly bleak it is and how it ends up being an hamhanded war on terror allegory (Mizushima loves his politics and it's too bad he's about as good with them as your average political cartoonist)

There's always been people who hate the last half of FMA 2003, even before the manga ended. it's just more prevalent now that the alternative is readily available for comparison

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Undertaker.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I identify with the captain tsubasa cast as I too am more leg than man

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah didn't we just have a story about not judging someone by their power a few arcs ago?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
and maybe boruto will be fine if you just don't look directly at the awful art

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

"yo, get hosed": the chapter

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
inspectah deku

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm the traitor

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

DrSunshine posted:

I'm telling you guys, it's telekinetic force-field powers just like Sue Storm, and Hagakure just happens to be a nudist.

This reminds me of a character from an Alan Moore 2000AD comic -- The Ballad of Halo Jones -- who's basically a person who has had so many sex changes that they ended up somewhere in between, and somehow gained the ability to not be noticed or remembered.

It's not entirely impossible that's the source of the idea. ForgetMeNot was created by ex-2000AD writer Si Spurrier

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
My favorite thing about the anime opening is that everyone gets cool poses during the title card and then mineta is like five feet away from the camera just giving a weak thumbs up

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Bakugou really is an unambiguously good piece of poo poo and everyone's just kind of accepted that.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I kind of don't want him to?

Like I want him to grow as a character and maybe actually have friends but I don't want him to lose that core of being a rude-rear end piece of poo poo with fantastic facial expressions

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Terper posted:

The Batman of MHA would be a vigilante and that's not been a focus of the main series

So no

Eh Eraserhead's kind of close being an "underground" hero that works from the shadows and few know about

also dumb attempted rape aside I liked that first chapter

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Generally "early days" Batman is considered to always be an urban legend until something happens that gets him on TV or whatever

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
super saiyan bardock is non-canon as fuuuuuck

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm putting money on trigger being the result of some dude's actual quirk producing crazy power-up fluid ala mutant growth hormone from marvel comics

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Can I say I loving love the way Nighteye is drawn? Just ridiculous lanky and still intimidating as gently caress. Really sells it that this guy is for real.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
how do you beat nighteye's quirk?

you don't

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
nah he says he saw deku slumped over with a form in hand

dude sees everything on a target's person for sure

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I have no idea who the girl is but given the chapter name is "Boy Meets" I'm going to guess she'll be sticking around for a while

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
y'all the very first piece of art for s2 had stain on it why are we acting like it's a mystery where this is going to end at

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Peel posted:

I don't remember seeing that art before but you're right. That's a good sign. The worry has come from how festival-focused the trailers so far have been, but if they have Stain on the posters it's probably just because the work they have to draw from is all episodes in the first half.

yeah the trailers have likely been festival focused because that's the only poo poo they have animated

The MHA S1 trailers were all like the first three episodes, if you'll recall

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
are we going to start deriding anime adaptations for being "cash-ins" like manga is some kind of pure holy medium never artistically compromised in any way because hoo boy do I have some news for you

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
no it's actually demonstrably badly paced but thanks for playing

like the reason for it is clearly because they only have 12 episodes and don't want to end the season in an awkward spot but the amount of episodes that are literally just a single chapter is insane

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Mar 4, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oh hey new chapter

jesus christ

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

PMush Perfect posted:

:drat:

Isn't Deku's real name basically "Guy Everyman"?

No it just has "green" in it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mr. Fowl posted:

Whatever this is, I am in.

an OVA packed in with the new volume

Training of the Dead

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
New OP is a pretty big letdown and I hope the inevitable second one this season is better.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the whole "death illness" thing makes it clearer why they all wear plague masks

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

HellCopter posted:

That sounds like an incredibly useful power. Why isn't this guy a surgeon? Or a car mechanic?

because he's a a yakuza and probably has zero interest in being anything else

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mordaedil posted:

I look forward to the eventual reveal that he was once a doctor that was happily married, but after an accident had to perform surgery on his wife, but ended up performing malpractice because he wasn't allowed to use his quirck as its restricted to heroes legally.

Or something to make him sympathetic.

but we know what he was

he's a yakuza member

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think setting up your big series of fights with "none of these guys matter and also the actual villain is going to get away" is kind of lame

like sure the actual individual fights can be/probably will be cool but nothing about this set-up is interesting to me

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

GimmickMan posted:

I still think that Overhaul isn't a rival for Deku & friends, but for Shigaraki. Deku & Co care about rescuing Eri, not about Overhaul himself.

The eight plague yakuza robot masters are just an excuse for the main characters to have cool fights while Shiggy offs Overhaul and kidnaps Eri or something along those lines.

Is that a shonen as gently caress thing to do? Yeah. So's the tournament arc. I don't see this as a problem.

I don't think any of it is set up in a compelling way. That's the problem. I don't have an issue with people doing stuff thats "Shonen as gently caress" if they do it well or put a twist on it. This comes off as just flaccid to me.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yo these three dudes about to get tore up from the floor up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
will someone please come to the front desk and claim this boy