Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

chiasaur11 posted:

I just saw someone laying out all the foreshadowing for this plotline, and it was surprisingly extensive. (Although the anime cut some of it, making it more difficult to predict).

Hagakure wasn't a voter in the class elections, which was about the time the class schedule got stolen.

She claimed to be with Shoto during USJ, but he flash-froze the area instantly, which should have shown her outline, and she commented on Ojiro being alone which she had no way to know.

Going off those two

The fact that the USJ villains weren't aware of her classmates' quirks means she might have protected them in a way.

When the students are separated by Kurogiri she's on the opposite side of Shoto when they're teleported.

Also, Aoyama was the only other person unaccounted for and he brought attention to the fact that no one knew where he was but that it was a secret. He might not be able to say what he knows but I feel like there's something between the two.

It's fun to think about.

I wonder if AFO gave her an invisibility Quirk and she's similar to Spinner or just a Nomu of some sort.

If Toga hadn't shown up this chapter I would have suspected a kill and replace.

RareAcumen posted:

Ironically, Hagakure is a red herring so nobody suspects the real traitor, Eraserhead.

I still don't trust Nezu.

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Nov 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Oh, I don't think he's the spy, but I'm hoping he's just running interference in the background since he's onto Toru's poo poo.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I can’t remember if I posted this week yet, but I’m going with this is a head fake. She’s there spying on the villains, overheard AFO and now will inform everyone that there’s a traitor in their midst.

Is it a double head fake and she’s also the traitor but wants to sow confusion amongst the heroes? Who knows.

Like the end of that one chapter where Aoyama is just staring at a sleeping Izuku and people were sure he was the mole?

I mean it'd be funny if that last panel was just the pov of the actual mole.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Shinso fans waiting for a spot to open in 1A would be pleased

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Oxxidation posted:

if she had a nomu body then mineta would have found out by now

UA students start vanishing one by one, and it all began when Mineta went missing and a bit of his blood was found around a carved hole between the locker rooms.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

christmas boots posted:

Now I'm just imagining him writing about cute boys, shows he recently started watching, something cute he saw in the mall the other day, etc.

But all with the same gravitas as when he tells All Might who Shigraki really is.

"You're lying! How could you expect me to believe that?!"

"Come now, you should know by now that it's EXACTLY the kind of thing I would do."

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Vengarr posted:

Hagakure has got to be a decoy, why give up the dramatic twist of a traitor reveal on a stinger page?

Because the real twist will come once Tooru activates the country-wide Philosopher's Stone, only for Aoyama to reveal he's been setting up a counter measure this whole time.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

He definitely gave Shiggy Decay

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I'm hoping for a reveal where Aoyama was given an incomplete copy, leading to a scene of AFO triumphantly chucking as he pelvic-thrusts a gigantic beam at All Might.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

CuwiKhons posted:

Yeah except that Dabi didnt seem to know there was an inside agent per his conversation with AFO

I like to think that Dabi knew and AFO just wanted to give Dabi yet another burn.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

DizzyBum posted:

I don't like how the fakeout at the end of the last chapter went but I'm ok with this reveal.

I feel awful for Aoyama and his family. They're under AFO's thumb and absolutely terrified of him.

He was really trying to take a fall at the license exams, but Iida just had to encourage him

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Arzaac posted:

I was thinking about this too, because it makes more sense than All For One giving him the pants making GBS threads quirk.

All For One giving him the pants making GBS threads quirk is infinitely funnier, on the other hand

"If you think that side effect's bad, you don't wanna betray him."

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

tbp posted:

whats afos goal again anyway. or is it just "be evil, but on a bigger scale than usual"

He says getting OFA is only his mid-goal, so probably.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Rhonne posted:

I have accepted that Mina will never be as popular as she should be and won't ever make the top 40 again.

Lol her big moment ended up going to Kirishima.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

TheHan posted:

Twice would've lived if only he polled stronger.

I had a crack theory where the Twice we saw during the war was a clone, and that the Tooru we saw was a Toga clone using that quirk.

Oh well.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Yeah Twice dying was one of the high marks of the comic and nothing since has really been quite as strong.

Better send-off than Midnight, for sure.

I'm glad we got that scene of Bakugo apologizing, though. That was one of the moments I'd been looking forward to.

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Dec 8, 2021

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

TheHan posted:

Hold on wait so the anti-pants making GBS threads belt isn't even a gift from All for One? Does he even know that his double agent has a quirk that makes him poo poo his pants.

And here I was thinking AfO had a different kind of explosion in mind if Aoyama betrayed him.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Lol Monoma would lose his poo poo if he found out Aoyama was the reason his class almost died. Somehow I don't see that coming up, though. Unless 1A decides to keep this underwraps and it comes out to everyone during the last battle.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't think it's a coincidence that the panel where AFO talks about tossing aside a cheap lighter is the same panel that focuses on Shigaraki and Spinner.

Also the use of the phrase "tossing aside a cheap lighter" when he's talking directly to Dabi.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the whole thing is just not well-constructed. you're right insofar this is probably about the best a middling plot could be done

I hope it backfires on them, with someone in 1B overhearing that Aoyama is the traitor and that it's likely to be covered up. 1B almost died during the forest raid.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

The ending of Boruto will reveal that everyone is still inside of the Infinite Tsukuyomi, Kishimoto is just spinning the wheels until he can think of a better ending for Naruto.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

"I wish my mother would have baked pies too, instead of my face."

"Oh, Todoroki!!"

It's worth a read, in my opinion. Bizarre and funny.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Vinylshadow posted:

Gotta give all the classmates their one last battle with the Liberation captains I suppose

Yeah, emotional culminations for the long-standing arcs of the classmates we all know and love.

Mineta will die heroically and Shinsou will take his place in the closing chapters of the manga. I've got five bucks riding on this.

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Dec 19, 2021

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Maybe even the chapter where the words were said!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Jen X posted:

the story of how we all became the greatest hero

One For All

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

No, but Shinso is totally going to be in the hero class

Bye Mineta

SpacePig posted:

Tricking All for One into thinking he's talking to Aoyama but it being Shinso would actually be pretty cool I think.

Now I'm going to be really bummed if this doesn't happen, because it's Aizawa's plan

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Kild posted:

Which part was rushed because everything after Sensui was stuff he didn't wanna do.

I'm almost positive those chapters with the cultists at the very end was a 'springtime for hitler' (making it look like an earned attempt while going out of your way to make it bad) deal. Though I liked the closing chapters after that, running through all the characters' lives, even minor ones from the Dark Tournament.

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 23, 2021

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

oh jay posted:

The main manga will end next year, and this fight will still be going on, with Crawler extending his quirk a 15th time, while Number 6 morphs into his 20th form.

The final battle of the main manga will be won as Crawler and Six battle their way through the field and destroy Shigaraki without registering it, hundreds of powerups deep.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I want to be excited but I just get the feeling everything's been so vague and by the book because the mangaka doesn't actually know how the last arc is gonna play out.

Just using the Stars and Stripes fight as an example.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Nonexistence posted:

Ugh we're never seeing Mirko again are we. Mirko's murder rampage was the only thing I've liked in this manga post Kamino.

Speaking of shafted female characters, did we ever get a Hero name for Nejire?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I'd say Star and Stripe would be lucky to get an episode but there's gonna be the cliffhanger before AFO's "lol I dug into the mountain at the right time" response

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

tbp posted:

did i hallucinate that mirio just undid his big character moment off screen with eri's powers once there was a plot reason for him not to receive ofa

It's just foreshadowing for the final fight where a full power in-his-prime All Might shows up to tag out with Deku and kick the poo poo out of Shigs

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Shigaraki under AFO's influence will dust it without a thought, showing Deku he's too far gone to be saved.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

A Single Sphink posted:

Aoyama is a ouiaboux.

I love this.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

The single W ever achieved by Sugar Man.

Until he punches AFO into dust

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Can't waiit for next chapter to suddenly start off actually showing us one of the other battles they'd set up about a dozen chapters ago, without showing what happened to our favorite jobber

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm speculating entirely here, this is spoilered because it's about the current chapter:

Endeavor needs to personally resolve Dabi, Deku needs to be fighting Shigaraki instead of having Bakugo fight him and die, etc. Who "should" be fighting AFO? All Might.

It'd be some poo poo if AM just pops in Mirio-style at full power.

E: After throwing away Bakugo for a cheap twist, it's really the only thing I wanna see out of this Decaying manga

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

CuwiKhons posted:

If All Might shows back up at full power then there's been no point to literally this entire story since the beginning.

You're not wrong, but I've kinda felt that way since the Star and Stripe fight. For one, whatever depth the villains had seems to have been thrown out the window to focus on "cool" (I can't really make out half of what goes on in the fights anymore) shonen stock and that was a big hook for me before.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

TheHan posted:

How is he rewinding himself again it seems like this should not be possible

He absorbed Rewind from a bullet and apparently has no issue controlling it because apparently Shiggy isn't enough of a tedious threat

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

No it's Fast Forward

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The 2 brothers finally facing off in an effort to finish their family drama where both of them have surpassed the father in their own way and the heroic one has done it by stepping entirely out of the drama and trying to find a new way forward is not a mismatch and flows completely from all 3 characters arcs. The father having to step in to do it personally is just personally it's just worse writing

The only outcome I'd accept is Dabi showing up at Endeavor's fight and getting out a "FATHEEER" before spontaneously turning to ash.

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Sindai posted:

It makes exactly as much sense as "filling himself with tiny explosions has given him super physical abilities" so I'm not counting it out.

For all the good that did him.

"SO FAST!"

*pblt*