Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Shere posted:

Anyway the funniest thing about this chapter is that it sets off the asspull alarms, we're full steam ahead to whatever dumb poo poo undoes all of these consequences.
I can see the Heroes Rising Quirkshare thing coming into play.

Honestly a finale that tied heavily into the Quirk Singularity with AFO being the weird chimera of abilities angle and OFA being the unimaginable uncontrolled power bit clashing and cancelling out or something would have been cool.

Deku becoming the Greatest Hero because he punched a dude real hard / defeated The Greatest Villain is pretty lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Stars and Stripes blocks ShigAFO from being able to stop the rewind so they just Singularity themselves into oblivion seems pretty dumb but I'm sure the actual ending will be way worse.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Also, over in X-Men, Magneto recently had his heart torn out by Thanos's paler, Eviler Daddy, and he got over it by using his Quirk Mutant Powers to keep his blood circulating... somehow

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

CharlestonJew posted:

All Might’s whole speech during that fight is “if you’re built to withstand me at 100%, then I’ll just punch you at 110%!”

In essence, punch harder
TFW you realize WHM was supposed to give Deku his own Nomu moment but it was just kinda dumb.

VvV
Sorry. World Heroes Mission? The one with Blue Peacock Repulsion guy?

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 2, 2022

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'm upset that Deku goesnt get a United States of Smash > We The People > Constitutional Convention powerup.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I mean, I get that the joke is that she's always naked, and he was probably going for a funny gag...but the way it's framed looks way too much like a Playboy cover.
Doesn't she get a special suit from the mad science girl?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Vinylshadow posted:

We The People are the Quirk Ghosts

Constitutional Convention is where everyone dies to buy time for him to punch All-for-Shiggy harder
Holy poo poo
:black101:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Going to edit a climactic Midoriya moment with "TAKE MY ALL, ALL FOR ONE!"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Tentacole was mask-fishing us the whole time? :allears:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Mutant girls all seem traditionally attractive. Muscle tail just has that tail. Tokoyami is weird as gently caress but also a chuuni.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I again would like to point out the absurdity of 15,000 people rallying behind a literal drooling imbecile.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
They totally could have done some dumb rear end comic poo poo like "heh, don't you know that the systems that control your body are like those of a lizard".

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The new Xmen poo poo sucks rear end.
The core X of X series from 2019 really did redefine the Mutant population and created a unifying Mutant Culture that is both horny and hedonistic and proud as all gently caress.

Maybe the stuff that followed hasn't been as good, but it was a really good retooling of the line.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

RareAcumen posted:

I would welcome panel shots of these X-Men events people are talking about if anyone feels like sharing them as well
I would suggest checking out Comics Explained House of/Powers Of X complete story if you can stomach tubers. Dude goes into good detail laying it all out.

The condensed version is: Mutant Kind lives on sentient island Krakoa. Mutant kind has conquered death after bringing together 5 mutants with specific powers to grow/accelerate/nurture/birth mutant that have perished. Charles runs a 24/7 Cerebro backup of all mutants. everyone is welcome on Krakoa. everyone.
They've also developed a Wonder Drug that cures human diseases and biogates that lead to and from Krakoa that are genelocked to only those with Xgenes. They are a sovereign nation. They are a world superpower. And they have told humanity that they will gently caress Them Up if they do anything dumb.

Here's some spoilery panels for the reboot:

This is the Quiet Council, the official governing body of Krakoa. There's some kind of fractional logic going on, where you basically have sets of 3 to represent an aspect of Mutantkind/mutant interests. Everyone has an agenda in addition to trying to keep Krakoa working.
You'll notice that the Governing Body has a fanatical geneticist, genocidal mutancy advocate(s), and Mystique, among others.

Towards the end of the book, with Krakoa established as a sovereign island nation, Charles and Erik share a moment.

But...

Erik knows we've been here before. He knows that utopia, paradise, etc is a false promise. What if they fail?

Then they fail. Then they die.

They will never die. Mutants are a post-death species.

And as if a lot of the threads coming together didn't scream BAD IDEA HERE GUYS, here we have Apocalypse braking with pride over mutant kind coming around to his ideal vision.

He's just so proud of 'em.

Krakoa, and all it promises, gives everyone a chance to bury old rivalries. The whole Wolverine/Cyc/Jean thing? They're an open throuple-- Jeans living quarters have access doors to both Scott and Logan's rooms. It's a new groovy world, baby.

And she's to blame for it

Moira McTaggert. Moira X. Moira of the X lives. Moira who lived life to an old age and died unceremoniously, Moira who lived to the end of the Earth as it was swallowed by the Technarchy, Moira who betrayed Mutantkind with a Cure to the XGene, Moira who taught alongside Apocalypse in a valiant last stand against the Sentinels. Moira who brought Erik and Charles together to build Krakoa... And whose final life depends on mutant kind finally winning.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
To be fair, that's like saying "So you just GAVE Orochimaru an evil science lab and left him alone because.... Why?"

Funky Valentine posted:

Also we just let Mister Sinister hang out and do Mister Sinister things uninterrupted despite the fact that he's not even a Mutant.

"Hey so you're saying at some point Sinister poisons mutant genetics and creates chimera mutants that self-terminate horribly? Wow. Thank goodness that's not gonna happen this time around, what with all the access we give him to raw mutant genetic samples... Hey waiiiiiii"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

RareAcumen posted:

I have no idea who Moira is, I'm that far out of the loop on comic characters.
She was a supporting character on the Fox Cartoon in the 90s. Her boyfriend was Banshee and she was a Muir Island mutant genetics researcher.

In the comics she had a kid who had crazy reality-bending powers named Proteus, and was generally one of the human allies of the X-Men.

Anyway, it's pretty much been taken for granted that Moira was a human through all of the X-Men's publication history. The current storyline gives her a very unique mutant power that makes all of the X-Men's weird future stuff and softboots Canon: upon death, Moira's mutant power allows her to restart her life from the time in the womb, complete with previous memories and adult thinking capacity. She gets 9 or 10 of these reboots.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Sephyr posted:

it seemed Cyclops had morphed into mutant Che Guevara, which seemed interesting, but not enough to bring me back.
Cyclops and 4 others get Phoenix powers and then he murders Professor X, loses the cool powers, loses control of his own optic blasts for a bit, gets a cool redesign where there's a big X on his face instead of the visor, goes full Mutant Rights Activist, creates a(nother) safe haven for Mutantkind, then some other poo poo until this reboot continuity thing where he's like an active family man with Jean, Teen Cable, Hope Summers, Rachel Summers, and I think Havok. Oh and Uncle Logan, who Jean sometimes goes to when she has one of her headaches.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The spirit of OF A Ranger 1 grabs AFO's soul and sends him to the Negazone.

The blast destroys Midoriya's Quirk genes and leaves him powerless, but he becomes AllNight by using gadgets.

Shiggy's Quirk is replaced with Reconstruction and he goes on to be rehabilitated.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
More like immolation :comeback:

But lol that you don't have Quirk categories and everything must get its own name.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Twice's power not being AFO'd is insane to me. dude could just make mass-produced Nomulikes at that point

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Ochalo's gonna do a Quirk Evolution and develop her stand: Gravity of Love

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Should we just start posting guesses or you gonna spoiler it for us?

My money: Eri rewinds All Might to Prime Time All Might

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Man, it loving sucks that all these guys get a badass save/hilight that immediately gets undersold by another more awesome save.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
All for Me was right there

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'd love to see a Jeanist vs Muscular fight.

Muscle.... fibers?!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I think the translation said she was dehydrated. Yeah the eye thing is a pretty big one, but folks can look pretty hosed up (totally pale, jaundiced. bloodshot eyes) under duress so I figure it's not her 'reverting' as much as showing stress.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Here lies AFO, couldn't steal the quirk for love.

he never scored

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
So we're about due for 2 chapters of heartfelt GMachia flashback now right?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Awesomesaurus posted:

Would AFO’s Dark Shadow still be a bird, or would it be a dude?
Im guessing theres some bit of the user there so proba ly just a dude or giant hand.

The more distressing thing is DS is sentient

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
ALL might going full IronBats with the briefcase there and car right?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Diabetic posted:

I swear to GOD.

They kill off All Might I'm going to be pissed.
If you strike me down AFO I will become an even more powerful Force Ghost and USASmarsh you into the stygian abyss of the Quirkghost Council..

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

TheHan posted:

but my favorite detail is iida’s lil legs dangling out the bottom of the jet.
Engine probably wouldnt work as well encased in Ice. Whatever, it looks dumb and cool.

I want to bet that Iida will drop TODOROKI off like a missile

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
This is, of course, a dumbfuck question.

But if the issue is *I'm dying and *I wont finish if I stop...

Why doesnt the publisher just say "Finish it at a normal pace and we'll sell it as a maxideluxe 3 volume End of MHA set"?

Like go from I NEED 3 PAGES EVERY DAY to, like, oh a page every 2 days.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Vinylshadow posted:

Uraraka: I can fix her

Toga: I can make her worse
The UraGa DeKugo polycule is one step closer to reality.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lt. Lizard posted:

Waffleman speedrunning the exact same reaction this thread had over last year in 4 posts was pretty funny, ngl.
It's gonna be a hoot when the anime gets there.

Though the pacing for that will probably be better since it won't trickle out over years.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Lol Toga's dumbass happy face better make it exactly that way into the anime

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Also Mr. Compress is in jail with a mechanical rear end and Freeze Man Parka Ice Guy is like Neji and Todoroki's Mom is Hinata and they're diluting their Pureblood Ice Genetics.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Petition to change the thread subtitle to the cutest girl in the world!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Yeah my preferred outcome is Ochako recovering and Tsuyuu or whomever going "yeah we just found this rag next to you" and implying that Toga survived but is in hiding.

I mean I really want the redemption arc and the Toga x Ochako thing to happen but I ain't holding my breath.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

TheKingofSprings posted:

Good lord did a bunch of you think Ted Bundy was kawaii or something
User AV/post combo.

I mean it would be nice if they didn't shift the burden of Toga dying on to Ochako. or letting the one kid in the crew actually survive and get better.

Feels like we're racing towards and all the really bad people died the others are in jail so yay the day is saved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
All Might dying after all and Nighteye being right would be a kick in the nuts, such that the power of a thousand elegantly threaded jearts would be meaningless to me.