Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Deku is going to absolutely gently caress up Gentle beyond what is necessary somehow and La Brava will lose her mind and turn into a serious villain and join up with the bads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Nephthys posted:

To be fair though, MHA is 170 chapters in. At this point in Bleach I'm pretty sure we'd only gotten a short fight with Orihime getting her powers and the Yoruichi v Soi-Fon fight. Toga's had more action than that by herself.

There does need to be more asskicking from the ladies though, I agree.

At that time Bleach was actually still good with female characters getting cool stuff. It wasn't really until after Rukia beat not-Kaien that it got bad about that. Lots of neato people showing up to do one mood then have their fight disappear off screen, but I think that ended up happening to every single female character introduced. None of the Vaizard ladies did anything after being introduced, maybe one token attack that got shrugged off by villains here and there? Then uh, Zombie making lady quincy and the one that made things explode? Cause Nel didn't do poo poo after spitting a couple explosions at people and Halibel did literally nothing.

Man, this series doesn't have a high bar to clear for giving its girls a time to shine.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I couldn't tell if the bullshit in Claymore was stupid or not because both the action and the story were incomprehensible. Dorohedoro is more easily parsed than Claymore.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

LoveLover will fall in love with sugar rush and make his power useful.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

bacon flaps posted:

I think it'd be cool if Gentle reciprocated her Love and it gave the both of them a power-up because that's the true power of Love.

If Gentle reciprocates her love then I will want him to go to jail very much.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Also Gentle is an actual Gentleman not some bullshit fedora beard so he appreciates LoveLover as a person and would have her as a partner even if she were quirkless or actively detrimental because he is a hero on the level of All Might.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I think Gentle will realize that before he met LoveLover he was actually just wanting attention and to be famous, in way he was like a less lovely Endeavor. I'm thinking that he'll end up a good person after this arc, OR while Deku and Gentle are doing this the VA will show up and Gentle will die/get injured holding them off so Deku and LoveLover can escape.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

With All Might retired, Gentle is actually the current #1 hero.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Gentle will be a noumu next time we see him and he will kill La Brava.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Yeah but The Hauler is using his quirk illegally and that's illegal and I hope All Might arrests him and that's why we don't hear about him or Pop*Step in the main series. They deserve to be in jail, they're breaking the law.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I hope it turns out Momo's parents are either not actually rich and just make a bunch of stuff from their bodies all the time and act like they're rich, or made their money from using their quirks illegally.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

She's a victim of abuse so it's not surprising that she's wanting to forgive him. Abusive relationships can do hosed up things to people. The other kids at least seem to be unwilling to forgive him.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Endeavor's relatives being shocked and upset at what's happening doesn't mean they forgive him, it means they're shocked and upset. I'm hoping Endeavor is completely defeated here, like in a coma and can't fight again when he comes out. I personally think that would be the best thing for his character development. Maybe being captured and turned into a Noumu or brainwashed into being a villain instead.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Mordaedil posted:

You do know Endeavour isn't your dad, right?

I just want what's best for my Icey Hot family.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

What's all this about Endeavor and Hawks being bara as all hell?

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

It's weird that he gives La Brava's age as twenty one but in the comments mentions that it's fun designing child characters like La Brava and Eri.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Shoto can both hate his dad and still not want him to be murdered.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Mineta also has objectively one of the strongest abilities in the class. His orbs can do area denial, seal movement, cushion impacts, and allow him to easily climb areas. Until we see anyone actually overcome their adhesion Mineta will always find a way to make himself useful regardless of how disgusting of a gnome he is.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Toga is a worse person than Endeavor.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I try not to over think this comic too much but I really can't imagine how Stain discovered his ability.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Don't copy that Froppy.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I just hope we get to see all the matches and not just the first and last.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

New chapter up on mangastream. Here

Kuroiro's power seems pretty well balanced since he can only move things that normally move. Knowing that Tokoyami worked with Hawks is very exciting. Also I'm a bit confused about the nature of Dark Shadow, is it actually self aware? Is Tokoyami actually just a birdhead guy and secretly, Dark Shadow is his twin brother?

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I'm eagerly awaiting manga kid's power to see how impossible it will be to animate.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I really liked that they bring up confusion at manga's powers in regards to foreign language.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Deku getting more powerful will lead to him becoming a villain after he defeats All for One. He will think he's doing the right thing, and still consider himself the greatest hero. Bakugo will be the leader of the hero team that defeats Deku. This is thematically appropriate because Bakugo is losing and learning and becoming a better person while Deku is beating the poo poo out of innocent NEETs and getting strength handed to him while not learning anything.

Also Shigaraki is going to be killed by All For One in a way that restores All For One to his former power. All Might will die in an attempt to stop this.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I can't wait for Deku and Midnight to have a whip off and then Mineta gets so jealous he dies.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Toga is only able to use Ochako's quirk because of her intense desire to be like Ochako and be with Deku. That's my theory anyway. I don't think she could use just anyone's ability even if she saw how it worked.

That said, this was a hell of a chapter. I haven't said "Jesus loving Christ" out loud while reading a comic since the last time I tried reading something by the NaruTaru author.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I don't like the villain alliance's ideals but I like the Ron Paul army even less. I just hope Spinner gets out of this without compromising his justice and joins Gentile Criminal in forming a team of justice villain NEETs.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

All Might is totally a boomer though. Got a bunch of power that he took to immediately, in an environment that was perfectly suited to allow him to use it to his fullest. Ends up creating a system that looks great at first glance but is actually incredibly tenuous and unsustainable. Can't finish his job, leaves his dirty work to the next generation and can't even explain how to to do it because he was just able to walk across the street and get superpowered. Golly Deku just work harder and stop blowing up your arms.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I think one of the things that really helps make all of Horikoshi's stuff so outstanding is the dynamic poses on hands. A lot of mangaka have hands as fists or open and not a lot in between unless it's the focus of the panel, whereas with Horikoshi you can look in that page alone and see almost everyone's hands doing something different. Hands are incredibly expressive and so it gives a lot of PLUS ULTRA to the characters.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Jesus loving Christ

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Shigaraki is a very disturbed young man with severe PTSD from an abusive childhood with a severely traumatic event, a period of abandonment, and then an adoption by someone who cultivated his negative behaviors and surrounded him with extremely toxic people. Gentle will be the one to open Shigaraki's eyes to the possibility of something more.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Well drat if his quirk is weak then I guess my theory that he'll end up having a really strong recovery ability and be able to regrow limbs is out. Poor Spinner.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sharkopath posted:

Chaos option: Name a good world leader :twisted:

Gaddafi.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I feel like Momo could have lost just fine to any number of people with creative quirks, but that losing to someone who's ability is just 'hand is big' is ridiculous. There were so many ways Momo could have won that one on one fight that it just seems dumb. Plenty of things she could have generated that would have made it a bad idea to come in direct physical contact with her.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I think Gentle is maybe the best written character in the entire series.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Burnin' looks like a Skullgirls character and I like that.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

With the Viz scan and translation I can actually tell what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Oh no