Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Somebody make a 16-bit version of my avatar, tia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Please do the same with mine and buy it for me if you can, as well as some games.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

i know what you mean but i wanted to see what would happen and then i realized you only have like 6 colors in ther anyway

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oil of Paris posted:

sprite avatars own

Dec 26, 2012

here you go

e: ah crap just noticed the internal green left over. 1 sec

01011001 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 14, 2014

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i know what you mean but i wanted to see what would happen and then i realized you only have like 6 colors in ther anyway
Gonna be honest, here, I don't know what any of these words mean: bit, fps, ram, xbox, mechanic

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i want a sprite avatar but somebody already has a skeleton pirate from oracle of seasons (or ages?) so i guess it's back to the drawing board for me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

romanowski posted:

i want a sprite avatar but somebody already has a skeleton pirate from oracle of seasons (or ages?) so i guess it's back to the drawing board for me

'me about to make a post'

'me after making a post'

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

01011001 posted:

here you go

e: ah crap just noticed the internal green left over. 1 sec

AWESOME thank you

is there anyway it could be like slightly faster? if its a bitch dont worry about it man, it really owns

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

FactsAreUseless posted:

i was hoping that even if i didnt discover the source of my avatar, people would start posting cool sprites for others to pick up as their avs

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Oil of Paris posted:

AWESOME thank you

is there anyway it could be like slightly faster? if its a bitch dont worry about it man, it really owns

dats ez i can do it

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Dexters Secret posted:

dats ez i can do it

:henget: thats great thank u

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Oil of Paris posted:

sprite avatars own

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Oil of Paris posted:

i was hoping that even if i didnt discover the source of my avatar, people would start posting cool sprites for others to pick up as their avs

I would like this to happen because I've never had an av and I would like to be cool for once.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

romanowski posted:

there are plenty of videogame skellingtons, matey

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Screenshots from the NES "Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego" would make good avs.

<- This guy represents all of Spain.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

88h88 posted:

I would like this to happen because I've never had an av and I would like to be cool for once.

heres a cool website i found when i thought that i would make a few for people (but then realized im dumb with computer) but maybe someone else would??

http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/

good luck goon

Dec 26, 2012

Oil of Paris posted:

heres a cool website i found when i thought that i would make a few for people (but then realized im dumb with computer) but maybe someone else would??

http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/

good luck goon

i might make a few tonight if im bored now that i know how to do it

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

01011001 posted:

i might make a few tonight if im bored now that i know how to do it

soul blazer bosses are a good source

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I been thinkin about rippin some avs from moonwalker.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

<- This guy represents all of Spain.

when i was little i had a preconception that all Great Art was from the age of when men wore frilly collars and powdered wigs, so when i played where in time is carmen sandiego and found picasso and he was just a guy wearing a polo it really changed the way i look at the world.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Mr. Pumroy posted:

when i was little i had a preconception that all Great Art was from the age of when men wore frilly collars and powdered wigs, so when i played where in time is carmen sandiego and found picasso and he was just a guy wearing a polo it really changed the way i look at the world.

also he has a tiny head

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I'm going to make sprites after work

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i'd ask someone to find me a goat sprite av but the only goat i can think of in a snes game is terranigma's and that entire situation is incredibly hosed up

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

i'd ask someone to find me a goat sprite av but the only goat i can think of in a snes game is terranigma's and that entire situation is incredibly hosed up

Off the top of my head, there's a goat enemy in earthbound, or anything from escape goat.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

No Such Thing posted:

there's a goat enemy in earthbound

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
also the goat sprite sheet from maple story is kinda cool

that goat looks high as poo poo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
if any imp is a soccer fan you should get an av of a judge from FF:tactics advance giving a player a yellow/red card

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

also the goat sprite sheet from maple story is kinda cool

that goat looks high as poo poo

Maplestory unironically has some of the best spritework of the last decade.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

madeupfred posted:

Maplestory unironically has some of the best spritework of the last decade.

Maplestory: A Story of Maple

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Breath of Fire 3 has amazing sprite work; some of the sprites are only used once in the whole game for a given character. Love that sort of thing.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Widestancer posted:

Breath of Fire 3 has amazing sprite work; some of the sprites are only used once in the whole game for a given character. Love that sort of thing.

http://www.spriters-resource.com/playstation/breathoffire3/

@__@ these are wild

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Widestancer posted:

BoF 4 too, some of the monster sprites are insanely detailed and have a lot of animation frames

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Well, don't that beat all...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

how can you talk about sprites and not mention metal slug

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Metal Slug 1 had real-time lighting...in a little blown-up bit of an aircraft at the start of Mission 1, right after you get the Flame Shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
Good work gamers.

• Locked thread