Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

anilEhilated posted:

I like white chocolate. It may be an abomination before the gods of cocoa beans but it's a tasty one.

There's no chocolate in white chocolate if I remember right, still doesn't stop it from being delicious though :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy

Nalesh posted:

doesn't stop it from being delicious though :v:

Yes it does. I feel like everyone is crazy but me. Are people going to start defending Hershey's next? Because anyone who enjoys Hershey's anything are objectively bad people.

The Heavenator fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 16, 2015

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Nalesh posted:

doesn't stop it from being delicious though :v:

Actually white chocolate is super gross tasting. The only time I eat it is with those special winter Oreos.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

kalonZombie posted:

Actually white chocolate is super gross tasting. The only time I eat it is with those special winter Oreos.

Only experience I have with oreos was eating a few of the regular ones and feeling so sick afterwards, european tongues and american chocolate does not mix :v:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If it makes you feel better I'm allergic, so this whole conversation scans like people discussing which kind of arsenic has the best tingle.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

The Heavenator posted:

Yes it does. I feel like everyone is crazy but me. Are people going to start defending Hershey's next? Because anyone who enjoys Hershey's anything are objectively bad people.

I bet you're one of those people who only considers it to be real chocolate if it's at least 60% dark.

...and you'd be right :v:

EDIT: I also used to eat squares of baker's chocolate as a kid.

TooMuchAbstraction fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 16, 2015

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I can't stand dark chocolate. Too bitter. Same reason I can't drink coffee and only choke down energy drinks for emergencies.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

You need some bitterness for chocolate to taste good. Otherwise it is just horrible and cloying.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I can't stand dark chocolate. Too bitter. Same reason I can't drink coffee and only choke down energy drinks for emergencies.

I am a bitter person, thus I need bitter chocolate.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

All chocolate is born equal, you racists.

Osagono
Sep 2, 2011

My wife works in the QA labs for the beverage division of a store chain up here (Wawa, if you're interested), and I can confirm that if they have to reject a truck of milk because it came in at too high a temperature, or any of a number of other reasons, it goes right to Hershey's.

On-topic, the game's part of this week's Humble Bundle (Brawlers) if you spend $8.00 or more.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

White Chocolate is actually delicious and I don't care if it's got real chocolate in it or not.

I don't like my real chocolate too bitter either.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
While Hershey's alone is a bit of tough bar to munch on in a sitting, I could eat smores with Hershey's for hours.

And Hershey's does make a drat fine chocolate peanut butter cup.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Yuck, Oreos. We call them plastic cookies 'round here.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I've had some spicy-ish hot chocolate and it was delicious, definitely recommending it. Probably not an original Maya or Aztec recipe or something, but it was good quality chocolate, and deliciously spicy.

And I also dislike Oreos. The cookie part is mediocre, and the cream is mediocre. Why have that when I can have nice cookies filled with nice cocoa cream?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
British guy chiming in to chocolate chat, Cadburys used to be a decent brand of chocolate, Dairy Milk was one of my favourites, but then Cadbury's was bought by Kraft, maker of cheap cheese products and the quality of the chocolate has gone down.

Galaxy is still the reigning King of chocolate though, and always will be!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Actually the only edible thing about Britain I remember from my couple visits there is chocolate: they make those delicious chocolate oranges* and you can't get that thing anywhere else.

*No idea whether they contain any chocolate or orange. Remember, I'm the guy who likes white.

edit: Maybe to get back on topic? How about wrestling in chocolate?
VVV Yup, that's them.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jan 16, 2015

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

anilEhilated posted:

Actually the only edible thing about Britain I remember from my couple visits there is chocolate: they make those delicious chocolate oranges* and you can't get that thing anywehere else in Europe.

*No idea whether they contain any chocolate or orange. Remember, I'm the guy who likes white.

edit: Maybe to get back on topic? How about wrestling in chocolate?

Our chocolates tend to contain actual chocolate and milk, government regulations, you know what out food industry is like after the many scandals in the past. :v:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry%27s_Chocolate_Orange

And here is the glorious chocolate orange you spoke of, I had one last week.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Chocolate oranges are a Christmas thing over here in the US for some reason. I like the dark ones decent enough, despite not being a big fan of oranges.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

kalonZombie posted:

Chocolate oranges are a Christmas thing over here in the US for some reason. I like the dark ones decent enough, despite not being a big fan of oranges.

I actually see them all year at hobby and craft stores like JoAnn's

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
People seem to be dumping on Hersey's, but it's manna from heaven compared to Nestle.

And the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing people that white chocolate is edible.

On topic, this about where I gave up in the game. I just don't have the reflexes to be able to consistently make the transition from one special move to the next.

What I mean is, I'm bad at video games.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I've got a chocolate orange right now (since I can just grab one in the shops) and, as it's plastered all over the packaging, is made from REAL orange. Oil.

I swear they're smaller then they're used to be, but I think that applies to pretty much everything these days.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

AltaBrown posted:

On topic, this about where I gave up in the game. I just don't have the reflexes to be able to consistently make the transition from one special move to the next.

What I mean is, I'm bad at video games.

I gave up back at that tree with the unending gimmick of "you just got dimension shifting so now do a lot of dimension shifting". Between dimension shifting, jumping, wall-jumping, wall-sliding, special moves, spikes, and long stretches to repeat if you fall and screw up ... well let's just say I fat-fingered a hell of a lot and hit one thing when I'd intended to hit another.

Which I mean is, I'm even worse at video games.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!
Handless friends, you should try slowing down and playing more deliberately. Combos and combo trials can be drawn way out and even timed segments tend to be generous, game rarely asks for lightning fingers. And when you do want to be fast, remember you can freely dodge out of all your moves to cut off dead time and add precision and fluidity. Controls are really fun in this game, relax and enjoy.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
It wasn't the combat that was the block for me, it was the platforming. As with Vil, I kept fat-fingering the buttons and screwing up jumps. It got super-frustrating, and I just moved on to other games.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

I was talking about platforming too, you usually have all day to set up jumps. I don't know how many tries I took to first get through that one optional upcoming long vertical segment, but every one was my own fault because I just kept making stupid jumps. The second time through was painless because I didn't rush. If you're pushing the wrong buttons, push them slower (and not wrong). There's tricky parts but this honestly isn't a very demanding game, it's just hard if you make it hard.

OG17 fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 16, 2015

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
You know, if someone decides they don't want to spend their leisure time on a videogame because it got too hard, that's their choice. They aren't required to "man up" and train their clutch little-cartoon-mans-controlling skills. If you don't want to play something, you don't have to, and frankly it's great that there are games that cater to all skill levels these days.

That said, the secret level with the Mega Man blocks was my favorite bit and there's no way in hell you're going to finish that by slowing down. :v:

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

Slowing down actually is how to do that area, headbutting in midair to control the pace makes it a ton easier. And I was hardly saying GIT GOOD, just that this game becomes a lot harder when you rush at it.

That said I freely admit to never finishing the chicken-to-the-end hell room, I imagine I was doing it dumb and haven't really cared to mess with it.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

OG17 posted:

Slowing down actually is how to do that area, headbutting in midair to control the pace makes it a ton easier. And I was hardly saying GIT GOOD, just that this game becomes a lot harder when you rush at it.

That said I freely admit to never finishing the chicken-to-the-end hell room, I imagine I was doing it dumb and haven't really cared to mess with it.
Yeah, Olmec Headbutt in midair works wonders for that room. As for the spoilered room, it all comes down to being able to dimension-swap and then immediately grab. It's far easier to control your progress there when you're never going off target for more than a few frames at a time.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Vil posted:

I gave up back at that tree with the unending gimmick of "you just got dimension shifting so now do a lot of dimension shifting". Between dimension shifting, jumping, wall-jumping, wall-sliding, special moves, spikes, and long stretches to repeat if you fall and screw up ... well let's just say I fat-fingered a hell of a lot and hit one thing when I'd intended to hit another.
If you're talking about the tree top, I gave up on that upon spending a hour and a half to get through the first screen...
...And then finding out it wasn't the only one.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

anilEhilated posted:

If you're talking about the tree top, I gave up on that upon spending a hour and a half to get through the first screen...
...And then finding out it wasn't the only one.

No, he's talking about the bit you have to do to finish the game (c.f. "just got dimension shifting").

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Basically the stuff in the second half of episode 5 of the LP.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

kalonZombie posted:

despite not being a big fan of oranges.

whats wrong with you

Osagono posted:

My wife works in the QA labs for the beverage division of a store chain up here (Wawa, if you're interested), and I can confirm that if they have to reject a truck of milk because it came in at too high a temperature, or any of a number of other reasons, it goes right to Hershey's.

On-topic, the game's part of this week's Humble Bundle (Brawlers) if you spend $8.00 or more.

Wawa owns so hard

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today we cover a boss fight and the el Inferno DLC.

Episode 9 - This is the most convoluted KFC I've ever seen ... Youtube ... Polsy

CHALLENGE TIME

Record yourselves going through these challenges. If you can beat the high scores of a bunch of them, then you'll get some prizes. Ape and Heave will fill you in the specifics of their criteria, but if you can beat at least 10 of my scores, you'll get a free copy of your choice of Monkey Island Special Edition, Poker Night At The Inventory, or Frozen Synapse Prime.

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 22, 2015

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

"Skeleton chicken is a skeleton chicken" -Kalonzombie, master linguist

Also I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time Heave has talked about hitting birds.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 22, 2015

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Okay here's the deal the person who beats the most of kalon's times gets a lovely game that I hate and I think is an anime, and they will also get a "puzzler" that looks terrible and I think is some sort of bejeweled thing and I do not know why it is even in my steam inventory. If you beat all his times I'll throw in a Bonus game. (Bonus game TBD).

Nalesh posted:

Also I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time Heave has talked about hitting birds.

In my defense geese are huge jerks and the university I went to is literally infested with them during the spring, so I have a beef with them. Other birds are jerks too.

The Heavenator fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 22, 2015

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Ohgod that game, if it's the one I'm thinking about, I'd be tempted to get this game, beat kalon's scores and just tell you to toss him it and get him to play it :v:

Oh and kalon, if you still have the source file for this video, think you could screencap the posters?

The Heavenator posted:

In my defense geese are huge jerks and the university I went to is literally infested with them during the spring, so I have a beef with them. Other birds are jerks too.

Swans suck and you should drop kick them whenever possible.

Oh and

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 22, 2015

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

kalonZombie posted:

Record yourselves going through these challenges. If you can beat the high scores of a bunch of them, then you'll get some prizes. Ape and Heave will fill you in the specifics of their criteria, but if you can beat at least 10 of my scores, you'll get a free copy of your choice of Monkey Island Special Edition, Poker Night At The Inventory, or Frozen Synapse Prime.
What about scores that we already have? (Or is the point more to show off the doing?)

Edit: As an American I will agree that the Red Green Show was amazing.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 23, 2015

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

NGDBSS posted:

What about scores that we already have? (Or is the point more to show off the doing?)

Edit: As an American I will agree that the Red Green Show was amazing.

It's more about the showing off, but if you have better scores already then yeah okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

You can use the pink masked woman to fight, right? You ever gonna do that?

• Locked thread