Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Nihilarian posted:

You can use the pink masked woman to fight, right? You ever gonna do that?

She is the avatar for player two so unless Kalon can get Ape or Heave to play with him, which is itself really dependent on the console the game is being played on, the odds of her getting to see some action aren't likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Chimera-gui posted:

She is the avatar for player two so unless Kalon can get Ape or Heave to play with him, which is itself really dependent on the console the game is being played on, the odds of her getting to see some action aren't likely.

You can actually use her as player 1, by changing costumes.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Nihilarian posted:

You can use the pink masked woman to fight, right? You ever gonna do that?

She's the second player for co-op mode, but there's also a costume ("Juanita") that lets the first player look like her, and a converse costume for her to look like him (I think that one's called "Tostado"). If I recall correctly, they boost the power of your punches/kicks but reduce the power of your throws.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
I never show them off, unfortunately, but I think they're pretty much exactly the same anyway.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

She's the second player for co-op mode, but there's also a costume ("Juanita") that lets the first player look like her, and a converse costume for her to look like him (I think that one's called "Tostado"). If I recall correctly, they boost the power of your punches/kicks but reduce the power of your throws.
Gold Edition did that, and earlier editions might as well, but in STCE the difference in play between Juan's costumes and Tostada's is purely cosmetic.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
While Juanita and Tostado costumes exist, I'm pretty sure that Juan and Tostada's proper costumes can only be accessed by players 1 and 2 respectively so player 1 can't play as Tostada in the chicken costume for example.

So you can't actually switch characters which is what I assume Nihilarian was asking.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 23, 2015

Neige
Mar 20, 2006

Pregnant Woman got pepper sprayed and kicked in the stomach? That ugly bitch was asking for it.
1. Talking to Xavier Jaguar after his defeat leads to a bunch of dumb cat puns. You missed 'em...

2) How many Chac Mools are there? I collected six, but never completed the Inferno levels. Seven, because Inferno levels are DLC? Is there an additional reward for seven chac mools rather than 6?

3) Piso 4, past the 22:00 spot... couldn't you just chicken mode underneath the moving blocks, instead of moving underneath the floor?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Neige posted:

2) How many Chac Mools are there? I collected six, but never completed the Inferno levels. Seven, because Inferno levels are DLC? Is there an additional reward for seven chac mools rather than 6?

You get a special message when you get the last Chac Mool, so you'll know when you have it.

quote:

3) Piso 4, past the 22:00 spot... couldn't you just chicken mode underneath the moving blocks, instead of moving underneath the floor?

They specifically mention that there isn't enough room to chicken through that section. It'd be way too easy otherwise.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I am pretty sure that player 1 can play as Tostada in all of her costumes in STCE. I mean I have the game on the WiiU and I do it fairly regularly for a change of scenery (I like her devil outfit better, is the thing).

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Neige posted:

1. Talking to Xavier Jaguar after his defeat leads to a bunch of dumb cat puns. You missed 'em...

1) DAMMIT.

2) There are technically 7, but one of them is from beating the final boss. Once you get 6 you get a special reward I will show off in the 100% video coming next week.

3) No, there's no room. Otherwise the challenge would be trivial.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

ManlyGrunting posted:

I am pretty sure that player 1 can play as Tostada in all of her costumes in STCE. I mean I have the game on the WiiU and I do it fairly regularly for a change of scenery (I like her devil outfit better, is the thing).

I re-watched the first video where Kalon cycled through the costumes and you're right. Admittedly I haven't played the game so I forgot that was possible.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 23, 2015

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today's video is just a cleanup of 100% completion, minus the final area. Because Ape and Heave hate this sort of thing, I invited friend and fellow Guacamelee lover Skippy Granola with me.

Episode 10 - Skippy Granola ... Youtube ... Polsy

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Were those marks on the wall at 0:23 a Fez reference?

E:A flying chicken:neckbeard:

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 29, 2015

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I dare you to finish the game as a chicken now.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
So is there a way to get that last skull fragment without the way you did it, or am I Treetop bound?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Tree Tops looks loving horrifying.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Vil posted:

Tree Tops looks loving horrifying.

It really isn't. I mean, it's hard, absolutely, but it's hard like, say, VVVVVV is hard, not like I Wanna Be The Guy is hard. It's very clear what you need to do, you have plenty of opportunities to stop, rest, and plan out your attack, and there are a reasonable number of breakpoints.

It didn't come close to registering as what I would consider "bullshit".

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I'd say I had around an equal amount of trouble with Treetops as with the disappearing platform area. Took me a long drat time to start memorizing where the tiny platforms appeared on that one last stretch.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Aumanor posted:

Were those marks on the wall at 0:23 a Fez reference?

E:A flying chicken:neckbeard:

Yup. So was the owl statue not too soon after.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yup. So was the owl statue not too soon after.

Can anyone decypher what it says?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. A three-stage egg rocket. Better than Bomb Jumping.

Of course now you've got the Space Jump so that probably doesn't even matter.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Skippy has way too much energy, I want what he's having :v:

Neige
Mar 20, 2006

Pregnant Woman got pepper sprayed and kicked in the stomach? That ugly bitch was asking for it.
Shank is from Klei, and I really can't support their games because they force you to play platformers with the analog stick or else you have trouble aiming for specific targets, because the analog stick is also the gun aiming stick. If you go directional pad, well there are some things that you just can't hit.

Guacamelee is from Lunchbox Games, who also made When Mutant Blobs Attack. That's a game I'm sure you'd love to LP next, although I must warn you it's a little on the short side.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

Aumanor posted:

Can anyone decypher what it says?

Yep! It says BE SURE TO DRINK YOUR OVALTINE

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

We finish the game today! Thanks all for watching!

Episode 11: El Fin ... Youtube ... Polsy

But wait, a bonus video? Didn't I show off everything? Yeah, I guess, but c'mon, I couldn't pass this up once I learned about it.

Bonus: Rise Chicken, Arise ... Youtube ... Polsy

suddenly cats
Nov 16, 2006

Cats do not abide by the laws of nature, alright? You don't know shit about cats.
Hey kalonZombie, I'm not sure why, but the Part 11 video is only available at a super low resolution. Problem uploading, maybe?

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

suddenly cats posted:

Hey kalonZombie, I'm not sure why, but the Part 11 video is only available at a super low resolution. Problem uploading, maybe?

Might still be trying to process the higher resolutions. If it persists I'll reupload it later.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Hey, you posted this the night after I 100%'d this sucker. Great game and thanks for getting me to play it.
Although I sort of cheated at the last boss. Having a maxed out Intenso meter is basically a win button.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Aw the credits are super cute. :3:

Anyone willing to record the bad ending or know where a recording of it can be found for the thread?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

DUMB REFERENCE:
The music in the great temple has the DUNA-DUNA-DUNA from Mario 1-2.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Polsy's fill browser button gives me a high resolution video if nothing else works.

suddenly cats
Nov 16, 2006

Cats do not abide by the laws of nature, alright? You don't know shit about cats.
It's working now--originally it only went up to 360p, even with the fill browser option on. Youtube probably just needed extra time to process the HD.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I'm so happy that it's actually feasible to defeat the final boss as a chicken.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!

Chimera-gui posted:

Aw the credits are super cute. :3:

Anyone willing to record the bad ending or know where a recording of it can be found for the thread?
"guacamelee end"

I like them, they work well together. My game screwed up and gave the good ending without earning it or something, so I didn't get to see them in order either, but there's a cutscene menu so whatever.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Thank you. I do like that even in the bad ending, Juan does at least try to be happy even though he's clearly saddened by the fact that he couldn't save Lupita. :unsmith:

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 5, 2015

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Awh, the ending sequence was adorable. :kimchi:

I do wish that you guys had more fun with the goofier aspects of the game, though. I've got family in Laredo, Nuevo Laredo and Monterrey, and while I'm not as close to them as I am my cotton growing kin out in west Texas I'd spend a few weekends a year hanging out with them as a kid. The previous, unfinished LP of the game was fun for me because of its focus on the cultural aspects the game was showing off, the stuff that got dismissed a few times by y'all as affectations of the studio. Yeah, Super Mario Hermanos was goofy to y'all but you can find Mario pinatas alongside Dora the Explorer. And hell, there was that DBZ tribute from a Oaxaca group that went viral a few years ago that gave us this glorious image:

Might have been my fault in expecting y'all to provide the same stuff that the other LPer was when it's two radically different styles, but at times it really came across as "three white dudes talking about a culture they're not familiar with or particularly interested in".

With all the wrestling talk y'all had, I figured I'd bring up a difference between American wrestling and Lucha LIbre, specifically when it comes to faces and heels. Here in the states, if a wrestler's presented as a cop or a soldier or affiliated with them in some manner, they're typically a face because of the whole "support our troops" mindset we have. It's shorthand for "this guy's upstanding, and likes apple pie and the flag and whatever it takes for you to buy tickets". In Lucha Libre, if someone was presented like that they'd typically be a heel due to the long history of corruption and oppression against the working class. Faces, meanwhile, might be working class men, farmers, or priests.

Also? The movie Nacho Libre was based off of a real dude: https://sports.vice.com/article/fray-tormenta-nacho-libre-true-story

And he still preaches.

I just find the whole circular aspect of it interesting. The popularity of El Santo leads to a schlocky knock-off movie about a priest fighting to fund his orphanage, a street-wise priest sees that and goes "hey, there's an idea!", and then we end up with a movie based off of his life. Just kinda cool to me, is all.

Anyway, looking forward to y'all's next project.

citybeatnik fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Feb 6, 2015

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

kalonZombie posted:

Bonus: Rise Chicken, Arise ... Youtube ... Polsy

"Hmm, I wonder if this video is going to have commentary."

"Oh, the game sound cut out. What is...?"

"GODDAMNIT, KALON! :cripes:"

Genuinely my reaction. kalon, you're awful. Thanks for showing off this cool wrestle game. :allears:

Gideon020
Apr 23, 2011
I am the only person that I know of that didn't have the metal gear codec or alert noise on my mobile phone. And I played all of the metal gears.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I'm still sad you didn't name the second link poultry instead of polsy for this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I forgot that Mexico does use well known characters to advertise stuff unrelated to the actual brands said characters come from. And sometimes said characters are butchered beyond recognition, case in point:

• Locked thread