Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

GrAviTy84 posted:

Ew interpolation. Make it staaaaaahp

You can't. Because even when you turn off whatever their poorly named switch is in the menu, somehow there are still 4 other related settings that cause it to stay turned on. You'll never figure out the proper incantation to kill the soap opera beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This thread got way better lately.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

MeLKoR posted:

Yeah if my husband killed the men that were attempting to rape me and my children I too would drag them to the midst of the undead.

While it's nice to know you're incapable of making an irrational decision regardless of circumstance or stress level, character believability has nothing to do with what you think you would do in the same circumstance but rather whether or not it is conceivable that someone would. I think it's definitely within the realm of possibilities.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Just think in 2 days we'll have a new episode and we won't have to talk about tvs and whether or not abe beats his wife and children with his fists, covered in his own AIDS-blood.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

PantsBandit posted:

Just think in 2 days we'll have a new episode and we won't have to talk about tvs and whether or not abe beats his wife and children with his fists, covered in his own AIDS-blood.

We say this every week, it never lasts!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

All jokes build on each other to form a living substratum of reference that we don to fit in with the other posters.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

GrAviTy84 posted:

While it's nice to know you're incapable of making an irrational decision regardless of circumstance or stress level, character believability has nothing to do with what you think you would do in the same circumstance but rather whether or not it is conceivable that someone would. I think it's definitely within the realm of possibilities.

Sure it's something that COULD happen I guess but it's pretty dumb. I also just found the way they slotted in the flashbacks kind of clunky. That combined with the fact that it's just kind of dumb for his family to abandon him simply because he had to kill some people to protect them in an incredibly hosed up end of world situation. However I can't be too hard on it as this season is the best the show has been for a long time. At the end of the day I'm just happy there is more good than bad right now and it feels like they might finally have the show on the right track.

Also whoever in the last thread said the thing about this show having a horrible case of unreliable narrators hit the nail on the head.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
So when they get back to the church and tell the others that Eugene was full of poo poo, will Rick be like "Yea I knew that but it would have given us something to do and somewhere to go." ?

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

MariusLecter posted:

So when they get back to the church and tell the others that Eugene was full of poo poo, will Rick be like "Yea I knew that but it would have given us something to do and somewhere to go." ?

I don't think they're going back to the church. And the Rick group has the Beth arc to pursue so they won't be there either. The Abe group will continue toward DC with the idea that the other group will meet them on the way, the Rick group will handle beth and head toward DC. They'll meet in Alexandria safe zone, which I'm thinking will actually be Richmond, seeing as how Noah has already set that up.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I definitely think they're going back to the church. They're not that far, and I don't think they have any reason to continue on, and they'll want to tell the others that the DC/"save the world plan" is a no go, anyway. I figure the group will be reunited at the end of the Grady Hospital arc, and their next destination will be Noah's home.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Lycus posted:

their next destination will be Noah's home.

which is Richmond, VA/DC

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

GrAviTy84 posted:

which is Richmond, VA/DC

Sure, but I just don't see why the firetruck crew would continue alone if their original reason is gone and they're not that far from the church anyway. It makes sense to go back to the church and tell everybody what's going on. I'm going with that prediction.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 14, 2014

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
So I have a question. When he's beating those guys to death in the grocery store with the cans of foods, what resolution was the security monitor? Would it have been good enough to see the scene properly?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Enderzero posted:

You answered your own question there - LED. LCDs are fine for bright commercials but they are often poor choices for a wide range of content.

This is a weird thing to say because LED TVs are LCD TVs, just with an LED backlight instead of a CCFL one. And I'm not sure TV brightness has anything to do with the complaints people are having, because I have a plasma TV (way dimmer than an LCD, regardless of light source) and I've never had a problem with scenes in this show being too dark.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I have an ancient CRT HDTV and yeah, it was way too loving dark.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

TOOT BOOT posted:

I have an ancient CRT HDTV and yeah, it was way too loving dark.

Are we still talking about the lighting or the subject matter? :smug:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

GrAviTy84 posted:

Are we still talking about the lighting or the subject matter? :smug:
If you watched the episode with a CRT TV, Abraham kills his family.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

ApexAftermath posted:

Sure it's something that COULD happen I guess but it's pretty dumb. I also just found the way they slotted in the flashbacks kind of clunky. That combined with the fact that it's just kind of dumb for his family to abandon him simply because he had to kill some people to protect them in an incredibly hosed up end of world situation.

She was beaten and raped, so she was most likely suffering from PTSD herself. It's possible that witnessing her husband beat the bad guys to a pulp brought back memories of her own suffering and terrified her to the point where any shred of rationality went poof and she ran away.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

enraged_camel posted:

She was beaten and raped, so she was most likely suffering from PTSD herself. It's possible that witnessing her husband beat the bad guys to a pulp brought back memories of her own suffering and terrified her to the point where any shred of rationality went poof and she ran away.

You're just perpetuating the stereotype that people who experience trauma can be irrational in stressful situations. That's misogyny, dude.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

You're just perpetuating the stereotype that people who experience trauma can be irrational in stressful situations. That's misogyny, dude.
Actually, it's about ethics in the zombie apocalypse.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

Reposting what I think we can all agree is the most correct statement about this season so far:

You're drat right.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

I can't tell which posts are ironic anymore thanks to this thread.

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~

Does anyone have the one where he's dribbling a basketball past a walker?

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

everyone shut up and post gifs of eugene. eugene owns.

Chunk5
Jun 26, 2010

Paradoxish posted:

This is a weird thing to say because LED TVs are LCD TVs, just with an LED backlight instead of a CCFL one. And I'm not sure TV brightness has anything to do with the complaints people are having, because I have a plasma TV (way dimmer than an LCD, regardless of light source) and I've never had a problem with scenes in this show being too dark.

It would seem that some people have yet to discover a Brightness slider for their TVs.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Chunk5 posted:

It would seem that some people have yet to discover a Brightness slider for their TVs.

Maybe they're watching it on a low contrast screen outdoors on a sunny day at noon.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Urdnot Fire posted:

That's the first gamergate joke that's made me crack a smile in weeks. :golfclap:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

JHomer722 posted:

everyone shut up and post gifs of eugene. eugene owns.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

Keep in mind, Eugene admitted that he's been sabotaging their progress at every turn.

Including making it look like Abe's neighbors raped his wife, when, indeed, it was Eugene.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

warcrimes posted:

Including making it look like Abe's neighbors raped his wife, when, indeed, it was Eugene.

Nah. He prefers victimless crimes :goonsay:

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

euphronius posted:

All jokes build on each other to form a living substratum of reference that we don to fit in with the other posters.

We are the posting dead?

edit: I think Eugene's actor is killing it actually. Team Eugene.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Eugenes actor is very good in the role. He knows how to pull it off.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

I'm half asleep, and at first I thought this was gif of a swarm of Eugenes running rampant and ungracefully, then my vision unblurred and I was a tad disappointed. It would have been so majestic, he's smarter than me. :saddowns:

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/11/09/walking-dead-michael-cudlitz-abraham-self-help/

Some Abe insight from Abe

Jake Armitage
Dec 11, 2004

+69 Pimp

quote:

...members of the group have raped his wife and his daughter, and made his son watch. And then he basically has a dismantling party on those members of the group. What happens is his wife basically says, “You have become worse than them.”

Yes, worse than them indeed. :psyboom:

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

The Walking Dead season 5: savage face-cave ins with Dinty Moore soup cans totes socially acceptable normal behavior itt

y'know, maybe she thought he was a bit too similar to LARPers and THAT she just could not abide.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Urdnot Fire posted:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Lycus posted:

If you watched the episode with a CRT TV, Abraham kills his family.

This is my official canon for the disparity of how people watch this show.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jake Armitage posted:

Yes, worse than them indeed.

Look, it's quite clear that Abe had raped those guys before he beat them to death. That's how he got AIDS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
"My husband is a murderer, that is okay and a thing I can live with and not be horrified about." :)

• Locked thread