Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mortvert
Oct 13, 2013

What?!
This is amazing!

Solvency posted:

New class released yesterday: The Candy Barbarian. This also includes a new Candy biome that's kinda neat.

They also reduced the amount of bombs you get from crafting. From 5 to 3 per one craft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

What the gently caress is a Candy barbarian?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

BERGfu posted:

What the gently caress is a Candy barbarian?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Really enjoying this game. There's not a ton to do in a traditional questing sense, but I find when I get bored of adventuring, the club world is a fun diversion, and vice verse.

Xenorax
Jul 29, 2010
As a note, I'm actually out of town until tomorrow, so if people want to be added to the Goon club..thing, I'll have to see who all can add people it. I guess I could play the game in this hotel, but I'm not sure how the internet will like it.

That said, I really want to play in the Candy biome when I get back to my dorm. I imagine the candy puns will be terrible, and by god, I want to see them.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Is there any complexity to the combat at any point? I'm not into the whole poopsocky "hardcore for the sake of hardcore" mentality, but I watched some gameplay videos and even the bosses were slow and at best had one easily dodgeable big attack.

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.
I played this for about an hour last night, seems to be heavily marketed towards children. Just feels kinda awkward playing a multiplayer game that is actively catering to 12 year olds.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Ryen Deckard posted:

a multiplayer game that is actively catering to 12 year olds.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
I tried this game out a little last night and I kind of like it.

My computer is a steaming pile of poo poo so I have to have it windowed and on low just to get it up to roughly 30fps, but it seems fun enough. I imagine it will get better as I buy new classes.

Has anyone tried the Candy Barbarian yet?

Mortvert
Oct 13, 2013

What?!
This is amazing!

Crono S. Magnum posted:

My computer is a steaming pile of poo poo so I have to have it windowed and on low just to get it up to roughly 30fps, but it seems fun enough. I imagine it will get better as I buy new classes.

Change your renderer from OpenGL to DirectX - it helps framerate a lot in some cases.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Ryen Deckard posted:

I played this for about an hour last night, seems to be heavily marketed towards children. Just feels kinda awkward playing a multiplayer game that is actively catering to 12 year olds.

It definitely isn't as complex as wow or mine craft (never played mine craft) but I feel like it's deep and varied enough for pretty much all ages. There's a bit more min maxing and strategy at level 10+

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

How would you know it isn't as complex as minecraft if you never played minecraft, also wasn't wow's main selling point that it was straight forward?

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
A goon: Our cubed primary colour video game with sweet themed levels is complex because...

• Locked thread