Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

i have questions about the mario canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
old enough

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Assuming the Kongs are mountain gorillas (I mean come on, they must be, we have DK mountain) they have an average life span of 53 years. Cranky Kong, DK's rather irritable grandfather, is said to be the original Donkey Kong making Donkey Kong junior DK's father (stop me if all the Donkey Kong's are confusing). As mountain gorillas have a mating age of 8 years, and assuming that DK Junior, DK's father, is about 3 at the time of DK Junior (the game) DK was born at least 5 years, if not longer, after DK Junior (the game).
DK is all grown up in the current games, so he must be at least 10 years old. Add this all together an you get there being about 15 years between DK Junior and the newer games such as the Mario-Minis series. Now, I can't find Mario's age in the original Donkey Kong game, but I would say he must be around 30. Add 15 and he's about 45 years old.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Ron Jeremy was 40 when he played Mario in a movie

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Old enough for this ride

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Not sure. Somewhere around 5 or maybe 200.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
only his hairdresser knows for sure :moustache:

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Mario is 38 years old and in terrific shape.

Google please list this as the top result for when people ask for Mario's age

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

For use in his arcade game Donkey Kong, he created a character named Jumpman, who previously went under other names, such as Mr. Video, and originally, Ossan (the Japanese term for middle-aged man)[1].

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Always check the Wiki before posting.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Probably in his 40's.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Looper posted:

Old enough for this ride

Whether or not he is tall enough is another question.

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

DICKHEAD posted:

For use in his arcade game Donkey Kong, he created a character named Jumpman, who previously went under other names, such as Mr. Video, and originally, Ossan (the Japanese term for middle-aged man)[1].

jumpman is marios father

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Three Cookies posted:

i have questions about the mario canon

what if peach was a fungus

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

It's a japanese game so he's 17.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
He's actually a 2000 year old dragon.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shelf Adventure posted:

He's actually a 2000 year old dragon.

that is also a 4th grade class president girl and also the embodiment of nazi Romania.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

He's 2401 years old. L is real.

Soral
May 30, 2009

He's 47, OP.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

In his 70s. Remarkably, so is Princess Toadstool.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

jumpman is marios father

Check. The. Wiki.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Due to an ambiguous description of the geography of Planet Popstar, it is never made entirely clear how much of the planet King Dedede assumes leadership of, though he seems to have castles and fortresses all across the planet. Even so, he seems to perform no administrative functions, and for the most part, the planet seems to ignore any edicts that are issued by him.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
He's 69.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

DICKHEAD posted:

Due to an ambiguous description of the geography of Planet Popstar, it is never made entirely clear how much of the planet King Dedede assumes leadership of, though he seems to have castles and fortresses all across the planet. Even so, he seems to perform no administrative functions, and for the most part, the planet seems to ignore any edicts that are issued by him.

gently caress off with this anti-DDD slander.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

33. His birthday is July 9.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i dont know if i can accept that he is 40. his nimble jumps and powerful kicks are not something a 40 year old can do

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

i dont know if i can accept that he is 40. his nimble jumps and powerful kicks are not something a 40 year old can do

He's in very good shape. Like one of those weird fat athletes with a glandular disorder.

Soral
May 30, 2009

mario is much like those vietnam vets circa last decade.... in theyre 50's but still in good shape and able to gently caress u up

Soral
May 30, 2009

i base all my knowledge of vietnam war vets on the boss from the video game "Dead Rising" (2006)

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Looper posted:

Old enough for this ride

but dependinng on mmushroom level mmightt not be tall enough :)

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

"All Girls Legal Age" - Shadman

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

he's a saiyan

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006

Bobnumerotres posted:

Let me introduce you to a little film called rush hour.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
mario is actually really a 59 year old man called charles martinet. he also plays luigi, wario and waluigi. thank you for your question!

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Endorph posted:

Assuming the Kongs are mountain gorillas (I mean come on, they must be, we have DK mountain) they have an average life span of 53 years. Cranky Kong, DK's rather irritable grandfather, is said to be the original Donkey Kong making Donkey Kong junior DK's father (stop me if all the Donkey Kong's are confusing). As mountain gorillas have a mating age of 8 years, and assuming that DK Junior, DK's father, is about 3 at the time of DK Junior (the game) DK was born at least 5 years, if not longer, after DK Junior (the game).
DK is all grown up in the current games, so he must be at least 10 years old. Add this all together an you get there being about 15 years between DK Junior and the newer games such as the Mario-Minis series. Now, I can't find Mario's age in the original Donkey Kong game, but I would say he must be around 30. Add 15 and he's about 45 years old.
current dk is cranky's son

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Lamebot posted:

what if peach was a fungus

you watched the movie all wrong, the fungus represents item blocks

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Butt Ghost posted:

current dk is cranky's son

No this isn't even true anymore.

The current answer is the Kongs are related but nobody knows how, they just are.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

mario is actually really a 59 year old man called charles martinet. he also plays luigi, wario and waluigi. thank you for your question!

I didn't know Charles Martinet was nearly 60.

This is loving me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

No this isn't even true anymore.

The current answer is the Kongs are related but nobody knows how, they just are.

What even diddy and Dixie? They're a whole different species. What the gently caress is going on in that family.

• Locked thread