Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress Ohio State?
Yes
Yeah
Yep
Mmmhm
View Results

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Thoguh posted:

This is only their third season in the Big XII. Give it a few more years.

My take on Big XII officials is that they're not real good, but they're not as bad as the Big East.

But since we've forever been a program that just can't get over the hump, its not like I am not used to this whole routine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

FSU AD Stan Wilcox tells #FSU trustees that ACC is in "negotiations" with ESPN to create ACC network. "It will happen," he says

Can't wait for Wives of the ACC airing just before the NC state Syracuse game

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Mr_Ruckus posted:

You'll have your wish in 2016 with the SEC. Well, match ups with power 5 teams, doesn't necessarily mean they'll be good teams.

They already schedule fairly informative OOC games:

LSU - Wisconsin
Bama - West Virginia
Auburn - Kansas State
Georgia - Clemson
Arkansas - Texas Tech
Ole Miss - Boise State

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

FSU AD Stan Wilcox tells #FSU trustees that ACC is in "negotiations" with ESPN to create ACC network. "It will happen," he says

Can't wait for Wives of the ACC airing just before the NC state Syracuse game

I could swear there was already an ACC Network of some kind.

E: Oh I guess it's a sort of local affiliate deal right now.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

It's hard to bubble screen down or gash run out like that because you can bring your safeties up.

At that point you're essentially playing cover zero, and all it takes is one of your WRs to beat one DB for a home-run ball. You'd also need to beat the blitz, but you can always move the pocket if you can't pick up the pressure.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
Welp.

Justin Cox, one of our starting safeties, is out indefinitely for Domestic Battery and Burglary.

If guilty: Good riddance
If not: Please be back by next weekend.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Arizona State University just had a bunch of food delivered to the FSU Counseling Center
:unsmith: Thanks Sun Devils

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

pillsburysoldier posted:

Arizona State University just had a bunch of food delivered to the FSU Counseling Center
Is there... some particular reason ASU did it as opposed to any other university?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I wouldn't know.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Linguica posted:

Is there... some particular reason ASU did it as opposed to any other university?

Does there need to be one beyond "school shooting"

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Dunno if anyone noticed, Kent State vs Buffalo was cancelled outright.

I'm a little disappointed for no Friday afternoon football.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
so this happened

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That is loving amazing

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

That is loving amazing

Correct commentary. loving amazing.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

See, now that's how trophies should come about : naturally!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I really hope that ends up in a university trophy case

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

college football is the best football

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Holy gently caress.

If Bo leaves/is fired from Nebraska I'll be so sad because it means FauxPelini is likely gone from our lives, and that means no carrying cats on the field or loving broken chair trophies.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Goldy is the best.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I now want a full-size broken chair trophy. When a team storms to the opponent's sideline to claim the trophy, the fattest lineman sits in the chair to smash it.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

I now want a full-size broken chair trophy. When a team storms to the opponent's sideline to claim the trophy, the fattest lineman sits in the chair to smash it.

Except for Minnesota and Nebraska it should be a broken Barcalounger.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Linguica posted:

ASU is thanking FSU for inspiring ASU's pitchfork helmet theme.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

kayakyakr posted:

Dunno if anyone noticed, Kent State vs Buffalo was cancelled outright.

I'm a little disappointed for no Friday afternoon football.

WHAT NO TELL ME MORE

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

WHAT NO TELL ME MORE

I imagine it's because Buffalo is apparently under about five hundred feet of snow.

Action Saxxon
Dec 21, 2004

Please be Baaaaack.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Maybe. I don't know if it's as big an Achilles heel as it's been portrayed to be. OU rightly got poo poo for giving us huge cushions for most of that game, but there were multiple times when they tried to play press and then Corey Coleman just embarrasses his DB for 30+ yards, and I know TCU hit us with some press coverage and we hung 61 points and 700 yards on 'em. Bama's secondary isn't that good, whereas WVU's secondary is deceptively good. Daryl Worley's a plus guy.

Coleman had three catches in the OU game that were 30+ yards. Here's the coverage at the snap for each of those big gainers:

:rolleyes:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

VDay posted:

I imagine it's because Buffalo is apparently under about five hundred feet of snow.

REALLY?? NO WAY

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

George Rogers is getting a statue at Williams-Brice, so that's neato.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sounds like Baylor/Oklahoma State could be postponed - Weather's supposed to be lousy all day in Waco, severe thunderstroms with possibility of hail or even tornadoes. Sounds like it might get postponed all the way to early Sunday. Kind of hope that happens - I don't want to sit through a monsoon or have the game not start until 10.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Action Saxxon posted:

Coleman had three catches in the OU game that were 30+ yards. Here's the coverage at the snap for each of those big gainers:

:rolleyes:

man I love when someone brings facts in

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Bad weather games are the best though

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

KKKLIP ART posted:

Only when it's two teams I don't like.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

RumbleFish posted:

George Rogers is getting a statue at Williams-Brice, so that's neato.

I got to see him play when SC visited Michigan long ago. He deserves a statue.

fffff
Feb 11, 2014
My nana just told me a joke.

A man was driving down the road, and he saw a little boy walking on the side of the road.

So he stops and asks, "Are you lost?"

Boy says, "Nope, I'm running away from home!"

Man says, "Well why are you doing that?

"My dad beats me."

"What about your mama?"

"She beats me too."

"Well, where are you gonna go?"

"I'm going to Auburn."

"Why there?"

And the boy takes a deep breath, smiles, and says, "I heard they don't beat anyone there."

it was a funny joke, thanks for reading.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

KKKLIP ART posted:

That Eagles game in like 4 inches of snow last year was fantastic television.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

fffff posted:

My nana just told me a joke.

A man was driving down the road, and he saw a little boy walking on the side of the road.

So he stops and asks, "Are you lost?"

Boy says, "Nope, I'm running away from home!"

Man says, "Well why are you doing that?

"My dad beats me."

"What about your mama?"

"She beats me too."

"Well, where are you gonna go?"

"I'm going to Auburn."

"Why there?"

And the boy takes a deep breath, smiles, and says, "I heard they don't beat anyone there."

it was a funny joke, thanks for reading.

thank you for posting your grandma's e-mail forwards

Between this and weather chat I may need to rebrand this whole thing as a knitting forum to appeal to my base.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

MourningView posted:

Between this and weather chat I may need to rebrand this whole thing as a knitting forum to appeal to my base.

Get some hot dish recipes in here.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I've been out for a couple days, get back and find out Georgia Tech is still ranked and won the coastal.

Thanks for the artificial strength of schedule boost at the end of the year, guys.

fffff
Feb 11, 2014

MourningView posted:

nah, she literally just barged into my room and said "I need to tell you this joke"

... I'm not actually sure she got it from the internet, she barely knows how to use her phone :confused:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

fffff posted:

nah, she literally just barged into my room and said "I need to tell you this joke"

... I'm not actually sure she got it from the internet, she barely knows how to use her phone

That joke predates the internet by a few decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fffff
Feb 11, 2014

That Works posted:

That joke predates the internet by a few decades.

How the hell had I never heard it before

• Locked thread