Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I've been waiting for this.

To be honest, Necrum Mines is probably my favourite area of the current Oddworld line of games. I don't know quite what it is, whether its purely nostalgia from playing the demo a ton as a child or whether it's the sheer blue cavey atmosphere this place has, I always have time for a run through this place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I can't remember if Metroixer bought it up in the first video or not but Exoddus is FAR more forgiving in the secrets area than Oddysee ever was. I still can't believe they did that one thing in the Scrabanian temple with the whole slowly rising Scrab rope lift platform thing.

Anyways, I won't go in to any more detail about it, because it'll be interesting to see who picks up on it.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I don't know what to say. Necrum Mines just feels like video game home. They are some cool places later on in the game but I hate the next area and aren't too fond of the last area.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Kuno posted:

Where did the jungle come from?
If I were to guess, the other side of the mines?

I agree its sort of weird the game starts in a desert, enters a burial site/mine and shoots you out into a jungle. The only other guess I could have is that the forest is on top of the mines? There is a screen or two in one of the next areas that looks sort of similar to the mines.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Judge Tesla posted:

this also applies to Angry Mudokens, hit one, and he lashes out, and if he hits another guy, he'll lash out, and it will carry on until one of them dies.

Then he turns Depressed, and the cycle continues. :v:
This may be something to keep in mind. Anyways, screw fleeches. Pretty much the only part of the game I don't like.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'd rather have one big video as well, but can respect keeping it as two videos to keep it similar to the first vault.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah, the vault trial music is probably my favourite track in the game, though there is some nice stuff in the second disc as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So the LP may be dead, but I couldn't think of anywhere else to put this.

Oddworld Industries were happy enough with New 'n' Tasty's sales that they are planning to start working on Abe's Exoddus HD soon.

• Locked thread