Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Pick This Week's Temporary Rule for GBS
This poll is closed.
Don't post "cuck" or "I'm gay" on any level of irony. 811 27.44%
If you post a low-effort thread that gets gassed, so do you. 553 18.71%
Enforce the (regular) Gas Chamber Challenge. 416 14.07%
Mandatory spelling, grammar, capitalization, and punctuation standards. 494 16.71%
No cussing. 368 12.45%
None of these, keep GBS the same way it is. 314 10.62%
Total: 1648 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hello GBS posters. Let's make GBS better. To start with, here are some ideas for changes to this forum. Whichever one gets the most votes will go into effect for a week, and then I will post another poll like this, giving you the choice whether to continue that change for another week, and what new rule change (if any) to make as well. Vote for as many as you like, but only the one with the most votes will happen. Note: since the rule will be temporary, any punishments for violating it will not exceed the week either (if a punishment is even involved).

This poll will remain open for 48 hours. The thread will stay open so you can suggest ideas for next week's poll; these are just some starter ideas I came up with but "no new rules, keep GBS the same" will be an option every week, as well as the option to continue or retire last week's rule.

By participating in this poll you do solemnly affirm that you love GBS and want to marry it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I will marry GBS. GBS I love u & want to share my life w/ u.

So gas chamber challenge is some body posts :gas: in the first page or w/e and if the thread doesn't get gassed the poster gets probe/ban? Good cause like 50% of threads seem like that's the entire page sometimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
non mancipia non dominos

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

To be honest, I think GBS is doing quite well at the moment. If it gets really shittied up tho in the future then more rules might be appropriate. Right now, I think it's doing reasonably ok.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

quote:

If you post a low-effort thread that gets gassed, so do you.

Is this a German thing or am I missing something

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Jabberlock posted:

To be honest, I think GBS is doing quite well at the moment. If it gets really shittied up tho in the future then more rules might be appropriate. Right now, I think it's doing reasonably ok.

yeah I can agree with that. It could be a lot better but i'm having trouble visualizing how. like I can't come up with anything concrete here. some way to encourage people to post... better? Post more actual things? Dunno this is like asking a chimp how to improve shakespears or something

I mean, a beatface and zombie babies and all that poo poo doesn't really grow on trees, but I kind of remember a few monumental threads from around when I first signed up that seem to have been missing for a while. Like pre-GBS1.0 had a few things that are missing now but I can't pin it down. Im not articulate.

When was the dragon dong thing? That was actually 1.0 era wasn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
gbs is currently good and i will literally destroy anyone who tries to ban cuck and im gay

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

get cuck'd bitch

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
next week we should vote on the option for requiring a rhyme in every post in gbs, internal rhyme, slant rhyme, whatever, under penalty of the unimpeded scorn of one's gbs peers

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

no goku option? whaaaaaaaat?

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
What is this poo poo gbs is way good right now just live in your bookmarked thread and venture out to shitpost on occasion

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
cuck is just terrible but im gay had good uses its just that so many posters were irresponsibly waiving it around like a monkey with a gun

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I think that the optional vote rules should be funny rules, and not real rules.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
the white man is the devil. he reproduces via incest. the white woman lays their eggs in a nest made of bible pages and tax forms, held together by miracle whip. when the whitelings hatch the white devil parents consume the placenta and engage in an incestuous and paedophelic satan worship ritual. this ensures that the spawn of these whites has no soul.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Doctor J Off posted:

next week we should vote on the option for requiring a rhyme in every post in gbs, internal rhyme, slant rhyme, whatever, under penalty of the unimpeded scorn of one's gbs peers

im gay
That cray

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
i bet it comes as no suprise to anyone that ralp is a white 'person'

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Every post in GBS this week should require a compliment directed at Ralp, muttered under your breath in the same way that North Koreans say nice things about Dear Leader, or like when you tell your boss he's a great guy.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
wow those all sound like hilarious options

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The OP of every new thread must post a recording of them rapping their post over a Gucci Mane beat (you can find them on Spotify) or be banned.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
everyone has to have a picture of their teeth in their sig when they post

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

SniperWoreConverse posted:

yeah I can agree with that. It could be a lot better but i'm having trouble visualizing how. like I can't come up with anything concrete here. some way to encourage people to post... better? Post more actual things? Dunno this is like asking a chimp how to improve shakespears or something

I mean, a beatface and zombie babies and all that poo poo doesn't really grow on trees, but I kind of remember a few monumental threads from around when I first signed up that seem to have been missing for a while. Like pre-GBS1.0 had a few things that are missing now but I can't pin it down. Im not articulate.

When was the dragon dong thing? That was actually 1.0 era wasn't it?

We just need a scheme to make SA hip and relevant again...oh wait that'd be terrible.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
I'm not really in favor of any of the choices on the poll. They don't make the idea of the new GBS better. Even long lasting poo poo like "im gay" and "cuck" are stupid trends that die out.

My only suggestion for the many people complaining about the ridiculousness of new GBS is to make a subforum with all of the old 1.0 rules, and one additional rule: NO NEWS ARTICLE THREADS

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

voted no cussing because i'm a good christian

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

We're allowed to post our hosed up dicks for a week. Dick thread. Dick week.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I would like people to not say curse words, OR take the Lord's name in vain. Thank you, ralph.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
before youpost you should go to a thesaurus and replace every word in the post with synonyms

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
Don't make threads that are just a link to a news story with an edgy sentence after it. Every week there can be one thread for news story headlines that people can can copy paste their link to. If it's big enough of a story and it takes up too much of the conversation in the poo poo news dump and you ask a mod then you can make a separate thread.

Otherwise we don't need to know every time a person gets killed by a dog.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
GBS is fine, just gas the hellthread already

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
make an all news thread forum name of general horseshit

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Bregor posted:

does that include gassing the person who posted it too?

e: wow, people really have it out for cucking and imgay

Sax Mortar fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Dec 29, 2014

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
proposal for next week's poll: ban ralp

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Bregor posted:

mod challenge for the five highest posters, whoever finishes it first gets to pick one to save and the other 3 get banned

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

it's fu ny how gbs, like every other subforum, is better with less rules

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
Suggestion: keep ralp out of gbs

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
How about a rule where anyone commenting on someone else's appearance has to include their own height, weight, and age?

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
ralp i could be behind this if the "temporary rule" was the only rule in gbs

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Correct punctuation and spelling is coming back, and in a big way.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
no more spinoff threads

hmmm theres a popular jerky thread
maybe i should create a herky thread that will be hilarious ive got this funny posting thing figured out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

kil l every od m

• Locked thread