Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

:nws: ^video^

Rapman the Cook fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Nov 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

onionmaster posted:

I contributed three songs last year (as well as the cover that was gone with):

HoHoHobo Dance Mix http://tindeck.com/listen/mvki

That's me! I'm the Aaron Schubert in that song! Oh hey same thing as last year, I can sing in a few different style voices (80s [hair band metal, new wave, pop], operetta [Colm Wilkinson or Terrance Mann], Bowie-ish, Tuvan, and a bit of polyphonic). I can also do voice work if someone wants a bad song sung by Barney the Dinosaur, Skeletor, Meatwad, Kermit or someone else that I'm not going to take the time to list.

So if you have music and/or lyrics that you want covered just PM me or ask in the thread and I'll record something special. I have new equipment this year so everything should actually sound close to something!

E: I just listened to onionmaster's remix for the first time since last year. It's so horrible it cracks me up.

Here's an idea for this year folks, maybe take video of people as you play the songs in the background of your holiday feasts. I'd like to see the reactions from people as they start to realize what they are listening to.

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 25, 2014

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

a starwar betamax posted:

i would like to volunteer my services a a professional santa vocalist. i have a hearty and deep chortle that has been known to rosy many a lass' cheeks

I can attest to this having seen the vids your 'tube. someone collaborate with this man to make a FRNDCHAT christmas carol

onionmaster
Oct 11, 2012

An Ounce of Gold posted:

That's me! I'm the Aaron Schubert in that song! Oh hey same thing as last year, I can sing in a few different style voices (80s [hair band metal, new wave, pop], operetta [Colm Wilkinson or Terrance Mann], Bowie-ish, Tuvan, and a bit of polyphonic). I can also do voice work if someone wants a bad song sung by Barney the Dinosaur, Skeletor, Meatwad, Kermit or someone else that I'm not going to take the time to list.

So if you have music and/or lyrics that you want covered just PM me or ask in the thread and I'll record something special. I have new equipment this year so everything should actually sound close to something!

E: I just listened to onionmaster's remix for the first time since last year. It's so horrible it cracks me up.

Here's an idea for this year folks, maybe take video of people as you play the songs in the background of your holiday feasts. I'd like to see the reactions from people as they start to realize what they are listening to.

We'll have to get a collab done. I don't have a platinum account (yet) so can't PM you (I was unaware that was restricted until today)

Just off the top of my head. How about a charity song to raise awareness of misandry, sung by an guy in maximum security prison? Rapped by Jar Jar Binks, over the below tune (with sleighbells added), with an operatic metal chorus, and with a screamed breakdown towards the end. I can't think of a more horrible combination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-WoM_4wERw

"
Christmas in prison is no fun
They took away my fedora
And my beard, and my arms
Oh the humanity

Chorus:
So spare a thought for me
And the cause against misandry
Doing 25 to life for a crime i didn't commit
I swear officer, she asked for it

When women go for jocks
They don't complain
Just because I'm a nice guy
They cause me this pain

No presents around the tree
No turkey for me
I have to share the prison
With people who are beneath me

Repeat Chorus
"

You could improvise the rest of the lyrics, or someone else could come up with them. I'm sure it could be even worse.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

onionmaster posted:

We'll have to get a collab done. I don't have a platinum account (yet) so can't PM you (I was unaware that was restricted until today)

Just off the top of my head. How about a charity song to raise awareness of misandry, sung by an guy in maximum security prison? Rapped by Jar Jar Binks, over the below tune (with sleighbells added), with an operatic metal chorus, and with a screamed breakdown towards the end. I can't think of a more horrible combination.

Last year I tried to make "Baby It's Cold Outside" even more date-rapey and MRAish than it already is. Maybe you could succeed where I failed.

onionmaster
Oct 11, 2012

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Last year I tried to make "Baby It's Cold Outside" even more date-rapey and MRAish than it already is. Maybe you could succeed where I failed.

That would be a good one to work on with Aaron, although The Cups specialize in that sort of thing - you should hear our version of Ain't No Mountain High Enough, which makes the lyrics sound like the ramblings of a desperate stalker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1LO1kHtS7c

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009

Von Bek posted:

gently caress, really? How'd that happen?

(Song is a total horror show btw, awesome)

500 lb MRAP door slamming open and shut while I desperately tried to keep it closed as the vehicle came to a stop after some crazy mechanical failure caused it to go out of control.

Merry Christmas to me though, because I get creepy realistic looking prosthetics that I can pop off with my mouth and spit at children.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
:siren: SUBMISSION :siren:

Since we can never have enough recent pop-hits parodies about Santa Claus, I whipped up this thing today.

Also, I am physically incapable of doing a Santa voice

Also, Youtube version.

UZworm fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Nov 28, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hands down, the truly funniest thing to ever come out of these compilations is O Holy Mouthpiece.

Von Bek
May 4, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hands down, the truly funniest thing to ever come out of these compilations is O Holy Mouthpiece.

I have been reduced to severe physical discomfort through laughter by several goon Christmas efforts, but this is right up there.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Von Bek posted:

I have been reduced to severe physical discomfort through laughter by several goon Christmas efforts, but this is right up there.

I'll be honest, most, if not all of the goon Christmas music incites nothing more than a 'heh' out of me, and that's only on my first listen. Don't get me wrong, I could love a track someone did without actually laughing at it, but still appreciating it.

O holy Mouthpiece gets true, genuine laughter every single time.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

I dunno, I enjoyed carol of the horns myself.

But yes O holy mouthpiece is one of the funniest ones.

Von Bek
May 4, 2006

I'll be honest, most, if not all of the goon Christmas music incites nothing more than a 'heh' out of me, and that's only on my first listen. Don't get me wrong, I could love a track someone did without actually laughing at it, but still appreciating it.

O holy Mouthpiece gets true, genuine laughter every single time.

Some of them also need time for the true horror to unfold. I forget the exact title, but one of the best early ones consisted of little else than "Ho ho ho it's Christmas time" (maybe that's the title?) for about 9 minutes of relentless, crushing festivity. And then there's We Wish You An Adequate Festive Period. By the time you get through those you reach a kind of desperate hysteria. Someone did one last year too that the same kind of feel, something like "Christmas in Hell" which by the end turned into this grim, cacophonous synthetic chime chorus and the goon in question shrieking "Christmas in heeEEEEEEeeeeeeeeelllll" over and over again. Just glorious.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

NuclearPotato posted:

:v:

(Dunno why Wub Machine chopped it to one minute. Might be something to do with the app they've got now.)

It's probably for the best, by the time it ended I could've sworn I heard a voice telling me to commit murder.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Von Bek posted:

Some of them also need time for the true horror to unfold. I forget the exact title, but one of the best early ones consisted of little else than "Ho ho ho it's Christmas time" (maybe that's the title?)

You mean the one embedded as a YouTube video right in the OP? Right there?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Ho Ho Ho It's Christmas Time is a modern classic that should be preserved in some sort of.... musuem?

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
Another favorite from last year that no one but goons will care about or understand.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
this one gets me every time

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

This is a good one from... last year? A little overlooked I think.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

J.theYellow posted:

Another favorite from last year that no one but goons will care about or understand.

You have no idea how hard it was to convince my co-vocalist to do this.

"There's a guy on the Internet... well, have you heard of Kickstarter? Never mind, trust me, other people will get the lyrics."

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
ok ive recorded another vocal only track... ill upload it here in a minute. it is very melodic and catchy

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

raditts posted:

It's probably for the best, by the time it ended I could've sworn I heard a voice telling me to commit murder.

Fun fact: I tried a couple more songs after that one and they rendered fine(ish), so the brevity of that remix was Wub Machine taking one look at the file and going "No way in hell am I looping this for six minutes." :v: Seeing this out another idea into my head, which I'll try to work on this weekend if my computer stops melting down.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I'm hopefully gonna get some strings tomorrow and then I can start cooking up something. It'll hopefully hold up to the abomination I rushed out last year. :v:

DeathTongue
Jul 13, 2001
Well, here is a thing I like to call "House Of The Red-Nosed Reindeer"

SUBMISSION

tagmedia7
Nov 2, 2011
Since it's unlikely that Jennyinstereo will be making an appearance this year, I've decided to post one of her classic tracks. Enjoy!

This is Jennyinstereo with her rendition of "I Got a Feeling (About Christmas)"

DeathTongue
Jul 13, 2001
Less re-posting of classics and more creating of original content means a better album this year...

modernwinglish
Dec 28, 2012

I'll squawk the world and molt with you

I Greyhound posted:

After six years, I finally have inspiration and the means to have a
SUBMISSION

Inspired by real life events, it's Baby's First Christmas.

e: I was hoping to get in early before I was too outclassed, but whooops, can't beat that amazing indian tale.

Also does anyone have a link to the song from last year that was an interpretation of the forum shitpost:
"Jingle bells
This thread smells
the OP is gay
etc"?

A few pages late, but if "Christmas Shoes" could become a hit, I'm sure this could get decent airplay on adult contemporary stations if you had the right connections.

UraniumArc
May 6, 2013

I whipped up a these pieces of poo poo for a quick SUBMISSION

Maybe I will make something closer to an actual song later.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

:laffo::laffo: I absolutely love this.

Also, listening again I realized my song above had a few mixing issues so I've got a slightly altered new version up on Tindeck and Youtube.

UZworm fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 28, 2014

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

DeathTongue posted:

Well, here is a thing I like to call "House Of The Red-Nosed Reindeer"

SUBMISSION

Quite nice.

DeathTongue
Jul 13, 2001

This was awe-inspiring.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
i hope i end up on the cd

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

This has the right of it, goddamn :lol:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

UraniumArc posted:

You are a hero.

Also, here are my three favorite tracks from past years (besides Lou's Give Me Some Nog). I don't think anybody has posted them yet.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grammarchist posted:

SUBMISSION

Shouldn't a done it. It's supposed to be a season of joy.

:golfclap:

Had me laughing way too hard. Mmhhh.

UraniumArc posted:

This too. The BIRDS!

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 29, 2014

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Just whipped up this short little ditty/fresh P.O.S. a few minutes ago

Suffragette
Oct 7, 2003

I love the Nog song King Lou

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Jalleyfish posted:

Just whipped up this short little ditty/fresh P.O.S. a few minutes ago

Sounds like something from A Space Quest Christmas

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Is there any way to listen to these on an iPhone or iPad? I'm on a 16 hour drive with my wife and would love to be able to share the festive spirit of goons. :getin:

Last year oh holy mouthpiece almost caused a wreck but tindeck is being a butt this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Fifteen of Many posted:

Is there any way to listen to these on an iPhone or iPad? I'm on a 16 hour drive with my wife and would love to be able to share the festive spirit of goons. :getin:

Last year oh holy mouthpiece almost caused a wreck but tindeck is being a butt this year.

Download the torrent.

• Locked thread