Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
onionmaster
Oct 11, 2012
I contributed three songs last year (as well as the cover that was gone with):

quote:

Christmas Man http://tindeck.com/listen/clfu,
Lobotomy Christmas http://tindeck.com/listen/pzrb
HoHoHobo Dance Mix http://tindeck.com/listen/mvki)

So I was looking forward to contributing this year. I did the music myself, having come up with something that IMO sounds wintery and synthpop/R&Bish. Lyrically, I decided to go with the computer and absurd lyrics because it seems to convey the humor better.

The song is about a guy who decides he is a dog and has a backstreet operation to 'become' one, and his first Christmas as a dog, and the reaction of those around him. It was supposed to have more lyrics talking about Christmas, but FL Studio kept locking up so I just ended it where it was.

SUBMISSION

Lyrics:

I was once human, just like you
But started a life anew
I insisted people refer to me with species-specific pronouns
Like “rover”, “good boy” and “dog”

My tail starts a wagging
When Christmas day comes
Because I am a dog
I hide under the table
Eating the crumbs
Because I am a dog

Oooh oooh oooh eh
Ee ah oooh ah eh

My first Christmas since I had the operation to become a dog
My family sit silently, they find it so odd
It took a while to find the right doctor
But I managed to find one through my crack dealer

My tail starts a wagging
When Christmas day comes
Because I am a dog
I hide under the table
Eating the crumbs
Because I am a dog

My tail starts a wagging
When Christmas day comes
Because I am a dog
I hide under the table
Eating the crumbs
Because I am a dog

People look at me in the street like I'm crazy
I am frequently arrested for public nudity
I don't have to wear clothes because I am a dog
The police laugh and I have to pay the fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onionmaster
Oct 11, 2012
The Cups are a project where I do production and a friend does vocals. We came up with something suitably tasteless.

Submission:

Edit: And here's the chopped and screwed mix, for all you bustas:

onionmaster fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Nov 25, 2014

onionmaster
Oct 11, 2012

An Ounce of Gold posted:

That's me! I'm the Aaron Schubert in that song! Oh hey same thing as last year, I can sing in a few different style voices (80s [hair band metal, new wave, pop], operetta [Colm Wilkinson or Terrance Mann], Bowie-ish, Tuvan, and a bit of polyphonic). I can also do voice work if someone wants a bad song sung by Barney the Dinosaur, Skeletor, Meatwad, Kermit or someone else that I'm not going to take the time to list.

So if you have music and/or lyrics that you want covered just PM me or ask in the thread and I'll record something special. I have new equipment this year so everything should actually sound close to something!

E: I just listened to onionmaster's remix for the first time since last year. It's so horrible it cracks me up.

Here's an idea for this year folks, maybe take video of people as you play the songs in the background of your holiday feasts. I'd like to see the reactions from people as they start to realize what they are listening to.

We'll have to get a collab done. I don't have a platinum account (yet) so can't PM you (I was unaware that was restricted until today)

Just off the top of my head. How about a charity song to raise awareness of misandry, sung by an guy in maximum security prison? Rapped by Jar Jar Binks, over the below tune (with sleighbells added), with an operatic metal chorus, and with a screamed breakdown towards the end. I can't think of a more horrible combination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-WoM_4wERw

"
Christmas in prison is no fun
They took away my fedora
And my beard, and my arms
Oh the humanity

Chorus:
So spare a thought for me
And the cause against misandry
Doing 25 to life for a crime i didn't commit
I swear officer, she asked for it

When women go for jocks
They don't complain
Just because I'm a nice guy
They cause me this pain

No presents around the tree
No turkey for me
I have to share the prison
With people who are beneath me

Repeat Chorus
"

You could improvise the rest of the lyrics, or someone else could come up with them. I'm sure it could be even worse.

onionmaster
Oct 11, 2012

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Last year I tried to make "Baby It's Cold Outside" even more date-rapey and MRAish than it already is. Maybe you could succeed where I failed.

That would be a good one to work on with Aaron, although The Cups specialize in that sort of thing - you should hear our version of Ain't No Mountain High Enough, which makes the lyrics sound like the ramblings of a desperate stalker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1LO1kHtS7c

onionmaster
Oct 11, 2012

Last year I tried to make "Baby It's Cold Outside" even more date-rapey and MRAish than it already is. Maybe you could succeed where I failed.

Well, here it is - The Cups' rendition of Baby It's Cold Outside. It gets progressively more insane as it goes along.

SUBMISSION:

onionmaster
Oct 11, 2012

Brinner posted:

:frogsiren:Submission:frogsiren:

A wonderful intro to the world of Vegetable matter, Christmas, and spiritual rap.

up your butt

Courtesy of ButtDude.

Song of the year, dude. Thought provoking lyrics. It sounds like a collaboration between Kurtis Blow and Beck.

a starwar betamax posted:

All I Want for Christmas...Is You

I liked your acapellas, and I felt that what we needed this year was a bit of the old happy hardcore.

SUBMISSION:

onionmaster
Oct 11, 2012

Lifepuzzler posted:

So, uh, we need an album cover!

Suggestions because I have not art skills.
  • A picture of a trashcan spilling full of wrapping paper and boxes.
  • A lonely goon alone in the dark on his desktop pc looking at pictures of happy families on christmas
  • Some straight up creepy Silent Hill-y fleshy santa-esque creatures
Also album titles

quakster posted:

jump on the train to the bone zone while it's still running; "christmas music for skeletons" cover can be a suburban skeleton family gathered by the christmas tree with a nice warm lit fireplace in the background, maybe a window that shows it's snowing outside, like the cliché goes

CaptainYesterday posted:

Goon Christmas VI: The Undiscovered Present

Here's my attempt at a cover:

Cover Submission:

I incorporated all the quoted ideas, except that I changed the lonely goon to be viewing SA.

This was done entirely in photoshop and was inspired by Derek Riggs' Iron Maiden artwork. Often when viewing those Maiden album covers you see apartment blocks in the background with people doing stuff so that was the main idea.

- There is snow on the ground - I didn't bother trying to make snowflakes since I couldn't find a good effect for it.

- The cucumber up the butt guy makes an appearance as does the couple from Baby It's Cold Outside.

- A raccoon and Silent Hill Santa are fighting over some Christmas pudding they found in the garbage (I draw raccoons constantly so put one in).

- I gave all the extra windows different color curtains rather than come up with any more drawings since it takes a long time to draw, and it makes it fairly striking.

There's quite a lot of detail in this one (as a PNG), you can zoom in and it will look good. I had to downsize it a bit to meet the rules, but it hasn't lost too much detail.

onionmaster
Oct 11, 2012

simplefish posted:

Just noticed - can we get 2014 on this? I know it says Goon Christmas VI, but the year would be nice to have as well.

Non-betamax version with a few modifications of my own:

onionmaster
Oct 11, 2012

anime gently caress pillow posted:

I'm good at singing and songwriting but not good at anything else, so if anyone who can make a track exists that can't sing, I'm your man.

I can't sing but I do make tons of instrumentals. I have a vocal project going, but there are bound to be leftovers.

You could do something with this instrumental of mine called Winter Synth. I've had it lying around since 2012, and always thought it could use vocals, but never knew what. It wouldn't fit my current project because it is so old, but maybe you could think of something.

onionmaster
Oct 11, 2012

ahahahaha my boss just gave me permission to choose the music for the Christmas party.

Time to round up all the SFW hits!

I hope that you include HoHoHobo (Dance Mix) and I Want You For Christmas (Dance Mix). They're built for the club.

onionmaster
Oct 11, 2012

RaceFat posted:

SUBMISSION:

I submitted a couple of tracks last year, so I decided to push myself to do it again. Really poppy, but it descends into some madness in the bridge and the ending. I'll attach the lyrics too since I'm still learning how to properly mix vocals. Made this one basically safe for work. I'm tired of tweaking minuscule details, so here it is!

This is legitimately good. I could imagine it actually being a hit. And I love the mad pitch shifted parts. It reminds me strongly of Gregg Alexander's style of songwriting.

I really wanna know what you use to make it sound so good too.

onionmaster
Oct 11, 2012

OMGVBFLOL posted:

christmas man

cheistmas man

cheistmeas cheistmas christmas man

:dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onionmaster
Oct 11, 2012
Superb album this year guys. Never heard Master Of The North Pole before, excellent - hilarious (Swedish by any chance?).

I figured people putting this on CD-R might like a backcover for it, and even to those who aren't it's a good place to quickly see the tracklisting. It should fit a standard 2CD case.

• Locked thread