Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 231 days!)

I want "A Very Hekno Christmas". I would burn it to CD-R and listen to it forever and ever and ever. When I'm not on a sleigh, motherfuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

M3wThr33 posted:

The link rot is amazing.

Every single thread that has the album collections is down...

All of it dead.

Yeah, but most of the good ones are still on tindeck. Look for the missing ones on YouTube- they're usually there. It has been 5+ years, too. If you were randomly hit for 500+MB every other day on a limited hosting plan, you'd probably pull it, too. But enough about Fusker. :haw:

Albrot sounds like a gayer Nathan Lane, however the hell he manages that, who knows..

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Soooooooooo Winders decided to update and reboot itself when I locked the screen earlier today.

When I reopened Chrome and ended up with my 'favorite 43' I decided to torture people with (all tabbed and not URL pasted because I am lazy) - STARTING NEARLY ALL AT ONCE, I swear I saw the deepest levels of hell boil up and rape my frontal lobe by way of my ears. Trying to click 'pause', next tab, 'pause', next tab 43 times took a lot longer than I one would hope.

Interestingly enough- with all of the awful music playing, "A Very Good Christmas Party" was still discernible - at least lyrically.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Scudworth posted:

This torrent is legit and has 4 heroic seeders

Seeding at least twice as long as your sister. :smugbert: three minutes

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Literally The Worst posted:

It's no Ho Ho Ho It's Christmas Time

Oh, you mean this? Sorry, I didn't keep the six minute version. Personally, I really liked this one.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 24, 2014

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Always a good followup.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Grammarchist posted:

Shouldn't a done it. It's supposed to be a season of joy.

I think you gonna have to have sommadem christmas pertaters.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Your English gets better every year (unlike my Swedish). :3:

Von Bek posted:

Holy gently caress, that's awesome.

Was that Everclear and Radiohead? Coulda been Dave Matthews if he had any talent.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 3, 2014

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

I had "Christmas Lobotomy" running through my head while setting up the tree, and when I finally got it to go away, "A Very Good Christmas Party" replaced it. :psyduck:

Today, of course, it's Santa Gay.

Oh poo poo, I forgot Rockhogs' "Das Sexy Raindeer Dance". That's gonna be stuck for awhile.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I remember (for the 2012 album) taking a shitload of time working on the order of the tracks, the tagging, and a bit of volume normalising. I tried to treat it as much as an actual album release as possible, which really could have benefitted from having the original wav versions of all of the tracks to begin with, but there was pretty much no way I was going to be getting those from every submitter.

That being said, I commend you, Haschel, for your efforts; it can definitely be a pain,and it sucks when stuff gets missed, especially after uploading.

Not to harp on this, but this is the first collection I actually found myself physically reaching for the volume knob for (despite buttons on the steering), because it didn't really have any cohesive volume between the songs. Thanks for getting this together and bringing it to us.

Haschel, I had 3 of your songs on my 'mix tape CD' yesterday when I had to drive the parental unit to a doctor out of town. "He'll bring you coal" was a favorite. By the time we got there, "Ho Ho Ho (Its Christmas Time)" was actually being hummed aloud- and not by me. It played one time. :psyduck: Somehow, CDBurnerXP didn't tell me I accidentally stuck two "Das Sexy Reindeer Danz" on it, so I heard it four times. No complaints. :dance:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Sham bam bamina! posted:

If the volume levels are a problem, this tool can normalize MP3 files without re-encoding them; I can't remember the last time that I made a mix disk without it.

I've used this, and it does work.

I got hell today for "Ho Ho Ho, Its Christmas time" when visiting the folks. Had to give them my CD so it could be inflicted on others. Forgot which track "Santa Gay" was. They'll figure out which one they want to skip.

I thought to myself on the drive out- my dashcam records audio. I'm not afraid of my out of tune singing... I'm afraid of the context, forbid, if it was viewed by others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Haschel Cedricson posted:

"Christmas Cucumber In Da Butt" is the first song that's caused my wife to hit me when I refused to skip to the next track. The laughter I get from the high-pitched "It's cuuu-hu-hu-cumber tiiiime!" was worth it.

I'm stuck driving an ill relative for about 4 hours (total) tomorrow. I need a list of awful songs that aren't quite as bad as Santa Gay..

• Locked thread