Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you want under your tree?
WR
TE
QB
OL
RB
LB
DB
DL
OC
DC
HC
K?
P?!?!?!
FB?!?!?!?!?!?!
The Heads of My Division Rivals
View Results

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

Well it's been two years (or will be), but really Norv has had enough chances that he probably shouldn't be on anyone's radar other than as an OC.

But since this is the NFL it's possible he'll get another chance.

Dear Santa,

Please send Norv to the Niners when Harbaugh leaves.

Thanks,
Chiche

P.s. I also want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Spoeank posted:

An offensive coordinator who knows how to coordinate the loving offense not just loop players around the backfield like a bunch of goobers.

We are two sides of the same coin.

Now that Harvin is gone, however, it's less about looping guys around in the backfield and more about a quick WR screen out of a goofy trips alignment 4 yards behind the LOS. All this happens while Lynch cries a single tear on the sideline cause empty backfield on third and one, homie. Watching a fade go to a 5'10" WR is like staring into the abyss.

Really though: OC, WR (6'2"+), DL (DT specifically)

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Chichevache posted:

P.s. I also want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

You'll shoot your eye out, kid.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
^^^:hfive:

Schwack posted:

Now that Harvin is gone, however, it's less about looping guys around in the backfield and more about a quick WR screen out of a goofy trips alignment 4 yards behind the LOS. All this happens while Lynch cries a single tear on the sideline cause empty backfield on third and one, homie. Watching a fade go to a 5'10" WR is like staring into the abyss.

Fades to short receivers were just fine when it was Tate, who was at least made in the mold of Steve Smith. Baldwin and Richardson are not Tate and never will be and lobbing it up to them is just not working out.

Baldwin is more like Stevie Johnson in that he is great at improvising and getting open when a play is breaking down. Let him do his thing and Wilson will find him while scrambling. Kearse is a lot like the passengers in Snowpiercer, because he doesn't have loving hands.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Well, Jameis for one.

But barring that, I'd really like the Pats to exit the playoffs in humiliating fashion. Or any fashion that doesn't involve a Super Bowl.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Schwack posted:

I would put "replace turnstiles with offensive lineman" ahead of another defensive player for you guys. A real #1 receiver that isn't a gimmick for Wilson's scramble for 15 seconds then throw a 50 yard bomb would be horrifying, though.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I don't think there is a 49er fan that exists that doesn't want a new offensive coordinator under the tree this year.

Step up your game Roman.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Schwack posted:

Have they really been doing this? I mean, even if you'd made up your mind to pass on that down and distance, wouldn't you at least keep Lynch in there to present the threat of the run and take some heat off of your scrap heap receivers? :psyberger:

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Santa, sorry for booing you when I was -16 years old. If you can forgive me, can the Eagles please have all the DBs?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Honestly I'd take a winning season. I don't wanna be greedy

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

aBagorn posted:

Santa, sorry for booing you when I was -16 years old. If you can forgive me, can the Eagles please have all the DBs?

gently caress the Eagles, you guys snatched away Nnamdi Asomugha from the Jets at the final minute in 2011 then proceeded to ruin his career. I could have only imagined how amazing the Jets defense would have been with Revis and Asomugha in their primes with the rest of the team, we would have been blitzing 7-8 every play and Ryan would have died on the field due to blood loss from a never ending erection.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Dear Santa please bring the Saints some competent DBs and help Sean Payton pull his head out of his rear end.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

Dear Santa please bring the Saints some competent DBs and help Sean Payton pull his head out of his rear end.

Payton looks like the Grinch, so Christmas will never happen in NO.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Honestly I'd take a winning season. I don't wanna be greedy

Oh god you were one of those kids that asked Santa for world peace or some other bullshit weren't you?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

swickles posted:

Oh god you were one of those kids that asked Santa for world peace or some other bullshit weren't you?

I think this is the meanest thing said about the Dolphins in ages. :hydrogen:

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
I just want some team to be as stupid as Washington when we get the #1 overall pick and trade down.

...and a right tackle and right guard.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Quiet Feet posted:

Have they really been doing this? I mean, even if you'd made up your mind to pass on that down and distance, wouldn't you at least keep Lynch in there to present the threat of the run and take some heat off of your scrap heap receivers? :psyberger:

Yes. Bevell has, on several occasions, come up with empty backfields on third and short. It is very stupid.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Schwack posted:

Yes. Bevell has, on several occasions, come up with empty backfields on third and short. It is very stupid.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i'd like an interesting team from the afc to go to the superbowl

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Wall Balls posted:

Chiefs it is.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

dear santa

i have asked for a better team for 10 years and have gotten nothing

all i ask is that you go gently caress yourself

gently caress you,
ostentatious

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ostentatious posted:

dear santa

i have asked for a better team for 10 years and have gotten nothing

all i ask is that you go gently caress yourself

gently caress you,
ostentatious

You'd think you all would have gotten the hint when he left a hunk of Pole in your stocking 14 years ago.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Chiefs it is.

Interesting, not boring

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Interesting, not boring

Basic competence is a lot less exciting in a way than the Herm or Pioli years.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 19, 2014

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Wall Balls posted:

Hoyermania is gonna run wild on the NFC champions brother.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
To somehow win the NFC South with an atrocious record and win at least one playoff game in the dome.

Then it's all gravy from there.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
A new DC, a new Special Teams Coordinator, Devin Hester from 2006, Defense from 2006.

And some sort of psychological treatment that makes Jay Cutler throw less interceptions at only slightly less horrible times than Tony Romo.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

morten andersen in the hall

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

swickles posted:

Yeah right I would always ask for dirtbikes or awesome video consoles or paintball guns

You know, poo poo realistic compared to miami actually going over .500

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Dear Santa, here is my Christmas list. If it isn't fulfilled correctly, people (Cam Newton) may die.

-No more wins please. This team is a dumpster fire and our owner needs to realize that and cut bait where appropriate. Wins don't really help this.
-Ron Rivera needs to be fired. I know Santa, 2013 Coach of the Year, but that poo poo is meaningless. He's turned back into a pumpkin and his poor decision making has led this season to at least two losses by itself. He makes me sad. His challenges make me sad. His clock and game management both make me sad. Please Santa, make the bad man stop making me sad.
-Mike Shula should go too. His offense is the worst. Just... the worst.
-Once these guys are gone, the new choice of coach is clear. Please, Santa, put a Gus Malzahn under the tree on Christmas. You can choose the offensive coordinator, but all the Panthers fans I know are hard on the Gus Bus. No more of this defensive coordinator poo poo. I want a guy that is proven to make players like Cam a winner.
-I would like Amari Cooper and an o-lineman in the draft and another OT in free agency.
-I would like Cam to get his confidence back by having an offensive line that is at least as skilled as the one he had in 2013. Hopefully it's eventually better, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Thank you Santa,

Sincerely,

zimbo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I would like the Packers to have a really really lovely, hopeless quarterback situation or at least a non-hall-of-famer before I die.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
How 'bout a playoff win.

The worst thing about the Bengals WC woes is my Birthday is January 7th. the 2005 and 2009 teams had the good manners to ruin the day AFTER my birthday, but the 2011, 12 and 13 teams (with varying precision) absolutely destroyed my birthdays.

It wouldn't be so bad at home but in Korea where - at best- I knew a few people for a year or so it was always utterly depressing.

On at least one of those games I had to go to 8 hours of teaching children almost immediately after the game, since they were in the middle of the night and one was around 2 AM Monday morning.

And as the final insult you can add the fact that they've had the lead at some point every game and then fell apart in the second half every game.

First halves:
CIN-OPP
10-17
7-9
10-7

27-33

Second halves:
0-14
6-10
0-20

6-44

24 years and counting.
:smithicide:

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Nov 20, 2014

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
1. 18-1
2. Super Bowl winning QB Drew Stanton
3. Super Bowl MVP Patrick Peterson

Also I want a healthy Nick Foles and a new QB for the Texans...is Mallett the answer??? (probably not).

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

I'd like to see the Bears have a defense that does well against more than just Geno Smith and Teddy Bridgewater.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
dear santa,

bevell's head on a pike and a bottle of some 25+ year single malt scotch or irish whiskey

love, wheeze
ps. the cookies are extra special

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

wheez the roux posted:

dear santa,

bevell's head on a pike and a bottle of some 25+ year single malt scotch or irish whiskey

love, wheeze
ps. the cookies are extra special

Bevell's head is arguably the least valuable thing about him. Toss it into the puget sound

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Chichevache posted:

Bevell's head is arguably the least valuable thing about him. Toss it into the puget sound

i want to taxidermy it and mount it outside the front office next to a list of his 3rd and short playcalls as a warning to others

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

all I want this Xmas is for Al Davis to claw and crawl his way out from the depths of Hell, sucking the essence from Roger Goodell's body upon his arrival, using it to regain his human form and ruling over the NFL with an iron fist for the next fifty years. Santa can fit that all in bag I bet

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Holy poo poo, Santa, I want a Melvin Gordon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Already got mine with the Raiders winning on Thursday. I'll take beating the Chiefs again for Kwanzaa.

• Locked thread