Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
The Indian writing is Sanskrit, it's an evocation of the Goddess Lakshmi, "bright and beautiful." It's written poorly though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

If it's Sansrkit and Norse, I'd presume it can't be anything too-too serious, probably just made for the novelty of it? Unless it is indeed some kind of white-power trinket that's supposed to be capitalizing on ancient Aryan languages or something.
Whoever made it does not know how to write in Sanskrit well.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Y'all Sanskrit readers, so does the Rune part match part of the Sanskrit?

Is the Lakshmi the upper Sanskrit part, or the bit down in the box below?
Looks like it. OM LAKSHMI THRAKODAIAT ("bright and beautiful") is the bit above; the stuff in the box says "hare Krishna hare." This seems kind of New-Agy?

Thanks to my roommate, this wasn't me!

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

GreyjoyBastard posted:

The placard is literally the worst attempted transliteration (except it's transliterated into Sanskrit script :psyduck: ) of "aum" I've ever seen.

Like, I had to peer at it for a while until I figured out that it was them committing word crimes, not your roommate's translation being weird.
Yeah, that's what she said, that they kind of knew technically how to write those sounds but nobody would actually write it like that.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

icantfindaname posted:

That was my first impression of it. Maybe I'm being too negative though
Lakshmi though? She's the goddess of wealth, love, beauty, and all that junk. Super benevolent. Wouldn't esoteric Nazis be into the darker poo poo? Sounds like hippies to me.

• Locked thread