Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Apparently Dale Benard retired despite being on the ML staff all last season and wants to be a pitching coach. Also, he might be pretty good. Um hell yes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
That might be the funniest goddamn trade I've ever seen.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Jesus Christ, Art.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Hall of Famer Julian Melendez.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Brett McKnight stinks, you should trade him to me.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Pre-emptive congrats to whichever one of you tanker fucks gets the world's new Leo Egan in IFA.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Nerokerubina posted:

i know leo egan, and ontiveros, sir, is no leo egan
Really he's closer to a higher durability Macbeth Jordan, but he's been out of the league 15 seasons so that's not a helpful example.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Scrotos posted:

How is there talk of awesome names with no mention of Norm Bland. I want him so badly.
http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/ProspectProfile.aspx?pid=6999118

Cory Lidle fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 28, 2014

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Nerokerubina posted:

gently caress the heck is this guy's skillset

Ben Revere.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Wow, none of my big boys fell to 19. Good thing I at least got Grabowski, he'll be ML ready in one season.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
A bad RP... with signability issues and wants a ton of money. lol

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

Looking over the draft, Bing Bellhorn and Coco Bunch are some A++ name tools
Bing can play too, get ready to see his toothless grin mashing 30 HRs a year. Can't wait until his brothers Google and Metacrawler become draft eligible.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Please, please, please Elcano trap game.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Kinda like 5-6 people TCing me every offseason saying "I like Kennie O'Brien, what would you want?" and I say "prospects... duh" and I hear either nothing or get offered some 27 year old in his third arb year.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Can someone with decent advance scouting give me a card on this fella? He looked okay at $10MM International.

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=6957356

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Kennie O'Brien will be available in the off season in the event I (most likely) miss the playoffs again. Prospects or massively low service time guys in non-"Add up the WARs" packages. Get at me, thanks.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

AlleyViper posted:

Ask gyro about GB rating not mattering in giving up dingers from all the seasons he had to face Abe Pavlov and His Norfolk Groundballers.

But there's no good reason for Ishikawa having a better HR rate than, like, Ignacio Diaz for instance (and how the gently caress did Diaz have only one 30 homer season in Madison and then all 30+ homer seasons since leaving Madison?). The only thing I can figure is that playing in KC depressed Ishikawa's dingers and it hasn't corrected in just one season in Wrigley.
Well gyro plays in a clowndick park made for garbage pissboys

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Hi, I've won 0 World Serieses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Just leave.

• Locked thread