Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
all of my ML coaches are staying ~except my FI gently caress everything~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

i really love the lottery you have to play at the start of every season "hey are you going to have to set 3 million dollars on fire or not" that's a good as hell part of this game

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

It's a great trade and you should do it because you rule as a person and we are best friends.

why are you talking about trade offers in here instead of responding to ones you get

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

dang why did i have to be the one person who made a Probably Bad Trade with art

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

congratulations nasboat on essentially out and out cheating

i think im done after this season

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I mean, right now my reaction is "i'm literally done playing right this second who wants to take my team' but i know i'm going to reconsider that, so

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

leaguewide ban on reducing offers after they've been submitted for a cycle. i'm completely serious about this, let's take it to a vote

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I'm not talking about trades and don't give the slightest poo poo i'm talking about nasboat saving 8 million and getting a mutual on creek by gaming the poo poo out of the system

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

nasboat posted:

you always could've, you know, kept your offer in so I couldn't do that. it's what Jeff did during the McKay Ray saga.

reverse engineering hasn't been a secret the entire time I've been playing this game so I'm not gonna apologize for adjusting my offer when I realized no one else was maxing him anymore

if i keep my offer in it means i can't chase anyone else like i had to do because i was going to lose on creek if you kept the max. and you could see what i was doing either way. i lose out in every situation

im a little more miffed because i whiffed on ramiro who i funneled a ton of that money to but at least that wasn't unscrupulous, i jsut lowballed him. it's not helping my mood tho

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

ThatsMyBoye posted:

I led on Jamie Wang for all but like 2 cycles and then pulls this poo poo wow do I hate this offseason

wow it's almost like i suddenly had a loving magical giant pile of money from out nowhere

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I'm not even /that/ mad at nasboat specifically for pulling it, it's well within his rights, i'm just saying that i'm tired of it happening and mad that the game makes it possible, which is why i want to make a league rule against it.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

Devo posted:

Ah I hadn't noticed that. Just assumed it was a max with nasboat swooping in with his PC/BU coaches

This /did/ happen which makes this situation all the more whatever the gently caress it is because i was leading on creek for a full day

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

nasboat posted:

I would be all for WIS actually fixing the broken mechanic so that that sort of info isn't readily available; I think if we made a league rule, though, there's really no way to enforce it? Seems like it would completely be on the honor system.

It would mostly be on the honor system but in the cases that really actually matter it would be Extremely Obvious that such a thing happened. it's way less visible when you're saving half a mil or whatever on an RP but who really cares about that

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

i don't care what his stats are or that i'm way better off saving the prospect money, i'm signing Vladimir Guerrero

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

please don't revise history i'm still incredibly proud of conquering that .500 team in the world series

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

much in the same way i'm incredibly proud of this 14 game winning streak which is totally relevant and reflects on the upcoming season

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

why is curtis moreno making seven point five million dollars

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

welcome to IOWA

home of ace pitcher sean cre bronson lowry

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

Nice.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

Cory Lidle posted:

Pre-emptive congrats to whichever one of you tanker fucks gets the world's new Leo Egan in IFA.

i know leo egan, and ontiveros, sir, is no leo egan

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

somehow this team has an above average offense and below average pitching that's not supposed to be the IOWA Way drat it

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

idk why everyone's complaining about this salem thing this is easy http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=67866693&pbp=0

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

gently caress the heck is this guy's skillset

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

yes but he sucks in an interesting way

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Also I'd like to point out that arthur would be leading the NL North right now :coffeepal:

yes, well, but he isn't. IOWA pride

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

i got a bad third baseman :toot:

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

honestly this would be a perfect time to sell stuff but i can't do it while i'm leading the diddly dang division

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

i'm going to make the playoffs and then pick like 10th, hell yes

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

mike price, 99 health-haver, now with his second career derailing injury :toot:

I swear i'm /pretty sure/ that "minor" and "major" injuries are totally seperate categories and health doesn't affect the latter at all. at least from my experience the low health guys rack up 3-15 day injuries but it seems like catastrpohic ones happen to everyone at the same rate

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

stop jumping into pissy baby fights for absolutely no reason, art

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

uhh sparky are you sure you meant /that/ larry ramsey?

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

for as much of a disaster as the NL North is you'll note that at least my pythag is over .500

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

i feel the need to announce this to everyone directly after a one-run loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

fwiw i had a guy in another world who had outstanding everything else ratings and 0 ground ball rating and it went just about how you'd expect it to (oav under .200 but about half the hits he gave up were dingers) so, like, the rating definitely matters to some extent

edit: behold, mo miller

Nerokerubina fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 28, 2015

• Locked thread