Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Come play this game so your team can do this in the World Series one day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

chutwig posted:

you're a rascal, York

I love when free agents go from "you're leading" to "signed with another team haha gently caress you" over one cycle!!

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

HOSS MERCEDES IS MINE

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

I never look any of my players in the eyes, if we make eye contact in the elevator then I have to trade them to jeff or nasboat.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

This Sizemore contract was probably not a good idea...

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Devo posted:

Yeah you were supposed to let me get him for like 60

If you want him so bad then give me a good offer!

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

S30 New Orleans Spirits: like the World Series winner but older and more expensive!

C: Cozy Goldberg - Old. Power is slipping, but he still rules. gently caress pitch calling.
1B: Austin Fox - Old. Power is going, so giving him a three year extension was probably a bad idea. He's been a Spirit for a long time so I have a soft spot for him.
2B: Elvis Leonard - Old. Power is falling off, signed for the next four years. World Series hero, don't give a poo poo about anything else.
3B: Sidney Alexander - Not old. Had a surprisingly great offensive season last year, he'll probably .OPS around .750 like he probably should this time.
SS: Larry Rodney - Oldish. Should platoon him, but I never do.
LF: Kyle Sparks - Young??? My only player who had significant growth instead of significant decline. May be Sparky's hated son.
CF: Robert Hafner - Old. Range isn't cratering yet so he's still useful and I love him.
RF: Ewell Swann - Not old! Hit 54 dingers last year. He's the best.

Bench:
C Chuck Schwartz - Pretty average, I should probably get someone better to spell Cozy but...eh.
UT Troy Herndon - No power dude who hit .335/.415/.339 last season, which owns.
UT Phil Gong - Don't care what he does I just wanted to get Hoss Mercedes from jeff.
RF Eliezer Velazquez - Guy who might be good against LHP and nothing else, don't know how useful that is.

SP Dee Bryant - Super great last year, now he's 40. SO OLD.
SP Jerry Sizemore - I just wanted someone who wasn't a skeleton and I had to pay 72 million to get it. Jerry owns though, except last year and the future probably.
SP Orlando Mercedes - Gave up my pick and overpaid for another art FA. Very old, but he has a pretty good track record.
SP Napoleon Dickinson - Super old, but he's been dynamite for me over the last four seasons so I wanted to bring him back.
SP Alfonso Baerga - Oldddd. Signed him for one year too many like most of my signings.

Bullpen~

Cutter Saarloos - Does not throw a cutter. Will be using him for more than 18 innings or whatever he pitched last season.
Pedro Guerrero - Very solid, very old.
Hub Phillips - Lefty from Plain Dealing, Louisiana. I had to sign him.
Raul Teheran - Cool dude who was super good last year.
Sammy Hernandez - Old, has a mix of good and bad years. Hopefully he is the good version.
John Ishida - Old, good, and cheap. Cool guy.
Jason Saunders - 7 stamina dude who isn't that good and also I overpaid for him.
Endy Mori - Old. Just old.

I should probably blow this poo poo up at some point but as long as the rest of the division stinks I can keep limping to division titles, probably. :spooky:

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Jeez this is a stacked rule 5. This is even worse than the one with Kennedy/Fox/Hutchinson. :(

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Scrotos posted:

So following Devo's logic which I like( of someone from the other league). It looks like it should be one of AV, Gyro, Nero or AtheistDeals. (I just picked long time owners who are active in this thread/irc/twitter) Any of you 4 want to volunteer?

I'll do it, I'm not a genius or anything but it's better than nothing I suppose.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

AlleyViper posted:

This is kind of a tough HOF year. Right now I'm on:

Alan High
Omar Melendez
Ken Toombs
Eddie Burke
Davey Krause

But I could definitely be swayed to some other guys.

This is mine except replace High with Mateo Cordero, my good friend.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

I took an abandoned team on a 13 game losing streak, signed AAA pitchers and called up two good prospects who were ready and that catapulted me to second place. If I had the team from the start of the season it would definitely be in 1st. Whoever takes the team after this season will have a good opportunity to win a lovely division.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

I got Tim Raineseded.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Oh how cute, my 7 stamina closer man pitched a whole inning!

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

woot I got Lee Nichting, Yamid Villalona, King Wolf, Lou Reed, and Dick Daly. Good Draft.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

It's nice that I lost 2 of 3 to Chicago even with their pitcher spot batting 3rd. Jerry Sizemore sucks and I regret re-signing him.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

I think this is my first no-hitter, it's a weird one: http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=68036696

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Derrick Graves is the only Cleveland player I like.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Keep the NL South bad for me please.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

I don't know who Larry Rodney bribed to get all-star votes, but good job anyway buddy.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

AlleyViper posted:

Congrats to atheist for getting two legit stud relievers, jesus christ

This is the real secret reward for winning the WS.

Is Richmond's broken ML team gonna be fixed soon? The pitchers are all super dead.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

I never thought I'd say this, but I think my team is too old.

edit: also gently caress shane kearns

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

sure lets do a 23 inning game. why not.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

AlleyViper posted:

You are living a god damned charmed life in this series, atheist

What, just because this guy and this dude hit dingers off of Al Duchscherer?

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

I beat Cleveland last season with Cozy Goldberg so :shrug:

e: voted for Mendoza, Cliffy B, Priest, Chicky, Chang and Man of Steele.

Atheistdeals.com fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 5, 2015

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

chutwig posted:

morituri te salutant

EDIT: it was a good run while it lasted

Sorry, I gotta go back to back. The land of cleve must be destroyed.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Matt Cambridge is juicing, on rear end in a top hat pills.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

I couldn't even blow up Derrick Graves? What is wrong with this lovely team ugh

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

that loving rear end in a top hat shut me down ugh

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

nasboat posted:

go weep into Elvis Leonard's bosom, I feel no pity for you

I really wanted to post a screencap of the ninth inning of Game 5 but apparently no one took one because it is not in last season's thread

it's on the first page of this thread dum dum. ELVIS RULES

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

AlleyViper posted:

Congrats to assbutt on his world series win

I dunno, he's pretty good at blowing a 2-0 world series lead.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Good job nasboat I believed in your scrappy underdog superteam the whole time :)

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

So, new thread, is this going to happen?

If we don't get one soon, i'm going to make one, and I guarantee you'll all hate it because you always did before.

I'm making one in a couple hours don't you worry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3702773 get in there

• Locked thread