Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I mentioned at the end of the previous thread that I recently finished watching Alias from start to finish, having gone through Fringe last winter. I noticed some parallels, and I wonder if I might have thought differently of Fringe if I'd watched Alias first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kurtofan posted:

Was Bell also Not-Bowie's boss in the original timeline?

If I recall correctly, Jones worked for Bell until Bell betrayed him in some undisclosed way and bogged off to the red universe; Jones was trying to get into the red universe to avenge himself. In the amber universe, Jones either a) stayed loyal to Bell or b) made it to the red universe and rejoined Bell instead (maybe Bell cured him of his terminal case of falling apart and oozing).

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think he was sort of morally ambiguous in the same way Walter was in the flashback episodes. Not evil, but not exactly a good man, either.

• Locked thread