Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

jesus wept

actually that's Robin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

http://www.destructoid.com/no-smash-bros-dlc-after-mewtwo-experiment--284067.phtml?nav=mobile&mode=mobile

Sakurai says no DLC being worked on besides Mewtwo at the moment because he didn't want it to feel like they were cutting up the game and selling pieces of it. Shine on, Nintendo. Last beacon of morality in this cold, cruel world.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

character facial responses to the bad OP

i recognize the king dedede one because for some reason you could buy sears goods with the full picture printed on poo poo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Calico Heart posted:

http://www.destructoid.com/no-smash-bros-dlc-after-mewtwo-experiment--284067.phtml?nav=mobile&mode=mobile

Sakurai says no DLC being worked on besides Mewtwo at the moment because he didn't want it to feel like they were cutting up the game and selling pieces of it. Shine on, Nintendo. Last beacon of morality in this cold, cruel world.

Even still I don't believe Mewtwo is getting released by himself when the DLC comes

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Macaluso posted:

Even still I don't believe Mewtwo is getting released by himself when the DLC comes

It'll be him, Roy and Pichu.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Mewtwo does as he pleases.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
super rear end bros :D

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
First DLC pack has Mewtwo, Tanooki Mario, and Cat Peach.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
NNID: Tigerboi

I have been playing the 3DS version and I really enjoy it, but this is what I've been waiting for.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Does anybody know if the dance pad from Mario DDR works with Smash Bros

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

oknope posted:

Does anybody know if the dance pad from Mario DDR works with Smash Bros

it does

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

....excellent. my eight player smash bash for sunday just got better

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Rocketlex posted:

It'll be him, Roy and Pichu.

We already have Roy though.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

If you have everyone unlocked on the 3DS do you have to unlock everyone again on the Wii U?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Suspicious Cook posted:

First DLC pack has Mewtwo, Tanooki Mario, and Cat Peach.

Months of posts saying "gently caress Tanooki Mario" only for the DLC to drop and everyone realizes he is fantastic for some reason or another.

All hate is then pointed to Cat Peach who is somehow less than trash.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remain

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Reiley posted:

If you have everyone unlocked on the 3DS do you have to unlock everyone again on the Wii U?

I would also like an answer to this question.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

lelandjs posted:

I would also like an answer to this question.

Yes! As well as any custom moves you unlocked.
"LMAO" - Nintendo

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Months of posts saying "gently caress Tanooki Mario" only for the DLC to drop and everyone realizes he is fantastic for some reason or another.

He's identical to the other Marios but his cape reflect is his tail and his Down+B is a statue drop like Kriby's stone power.

Actually, that would be the best version of Mario.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Downloads going well, I fully expect it to slow down tomorrow by which time I'll be done, until decryption/unlocking failures require me to download it again

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

zolthorg posted:

Yes! As well as any custom moves you unlocked.
"LMAO" - Nintendo

Well that sucks. Does your equipment transfer over at least?

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

character facial responses to the bad OP

Greninja looks more terrified than turned on.

NNID is LLJKTechnogeek, for the record.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Technogeek posted:

Greninja looks more terrified than turned on.

Congratulations, you now understand a disturbingly large portion of the internet's fetish!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

yes, but in the wii u version jigglypuff, ness, ganondorf, and bowser jr. are unlocked at the start

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Carrasco posted:

Well that sucks. Does your equipment transfer over at least?

You can transfer your custom fighters from the 3ds to Wii U to use them even if their moves and equipment aren't unlocked on Wii U yet. Even though it seems like transferring should unlock the moves and items, it apparently does not.

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib

TheKingofSprings posted:

Dawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remain

So it begins..

I was hoping to buy a physical copy earlier than the 21st since I heard that sellers here in Abu Dhabi dont care about that kind of stuff. Ive been going into the one store here that sells NA games all week and nothing. :/

Also, ill add all the posted nnids to the op.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I would like to let all my 3ds smash friends from the other thread know that I am not planning on buying this bc I'll likely get bored and it'll be a waste to get a nintendo console just to play this. it was fun to play the 3ds version though and I will retire with my record of like 81% wins in 1200 for glory matches. have fun my allies.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Christ I only got 45% in 300. Before I started playing online I thought i was good at Smash Bros :(

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
I don't much care about unlocked characters transferring over, but what about your Trophies?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Get ready for who Smash will be played for the next eight years or so:

No items. Eight Foxes Only. A Final Destination
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9fFtnnh2Gc

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

zfleeman posted:

I don't much care about unlocked characters transferring over, but what about your Trophies?

Trophies aren't the same.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Actually something I love about tons of the 3DS trophies is that the guy whose job was to write the descriptions obviously got tired at some point and just started writing things like "haha its toad what's up with that"

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Calico Heart posted:

Actually something I love about tons of the 3DS trophies is that the guy whose job was to write the descriptions obviously got tired at some point and just started writing things like "haha its toad what's up with that"

Examples?

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
NNID:Genericmartini

I'm ready to smash everyone with my 3DS.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Here's an example from the Tingle trophy:
Never seen without his green bodysuit it's a wonder this strangle little man is single at 35, isn't it?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Pretty sure Itoi, the guy who made the mother games, wrote the trophies

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

mabels big day posted:

Pretty sure Itoi, the guy who made the mother games, wrote the trophies

I thought he just wrote the Mother trophies but the tone is consistently whimsical so I'm willing to believe he did them all.

Also my NNID is, cleverly enough, codenameFANGIO. Cool people only please :)

If you aren't cool I will be loving PISSED :mad:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

The Toad trophy reads "Why are they called Toads? Some are green, but they're not frog-like or anything. Captain Toad can't even jump! oh, wait... ohhhhhh, now it makes sense".

The "Pipes" trophy ends by going "Down the pipe! You sleep in pipes, dream of pipes. Pipes pipes pipes pipes pipes pipes!"

"Thwomp" is "Have you wondered what it would be like to have your own thwomp? If someone tried to break into your house, it would just go "THWOMP" on their head! Yep, a thwomp would make a great home-security system. Nowhere sells them though. Sad times"

Seriously read some of them, it really made me consider what the job must have been like.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Got the bundle of the game, adapter and gamecube controller reserved. Picking this up tomorrow (though no idea when I'll be able to start playing). NNID: seiferguy

Looking forward to smashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

One of the 5 cuccoo trophies is just them trying to make as many chicken puns as they can because why are there so many goddamn cuccoo trophies.

3rd thread I posted it but Lucario Amiibo is TRU exclusive who cares

• Locked thread