Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Macaluso posted:

Even still I don't believe Mewtwo is getting released by himself when the DLC comes

It'll be him, Roy and Pichu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

A cool drat horse posted:

I don't think Smash Tour is that bad, my friends and I had fun with it, but its not super fleshed out and feels kinda phoned in. Only 3 map sizes is lame.

It's amazing how consistently there is both too much and too little happening in that game.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

So how long before that Sonic Boom song and an Adventure Mode of some kind are released as DLC?

They should release the Sonic Boom version of Sonic as a DLC character. He'd be a hard character to read because half his frames of animation would drop when he moved.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I can't be certain, but when playing 8-Player Smash against the computer (in Classic Mode, for example) it feels like the AI varies depending on how many characters are on screen. Assuming you're playing stock, the AI fighters seem to fight more effectively as other AI fighters are eliminated. At eight players it feels like half the AIs just kinda wander around and wait to be hit, but once it's down to 1-on-1 you get a real fight from the last enemy.

I could be wrong, but has anyone else noticed this?

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
The first thing I did was create a custom control scheme with Tap Jump turned off. Since then I haven't once remembered to use it, but haven't minded either. The tap jump sensitivity is pretty good this time around and I'm not finding myself jumping without wanting to.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I...

...I kinda wish Smash Run was in this. Seeing all those enemies in HD would be great, and it was probably the most fun way to farm equipment and special moves in the 3DS game.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Ike was the only character I could play online in Brawl because he was the only one I wouldn't start completely whiffing every hit with the moment any amount of lag was introduced. Also his Side-B hit like a goddamn freight train in Brawl, which they've toned down considerably here. I still like him, though. He's pretty good against the Masters.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Do you have to kill the buddies too or do you win if Crazy Hand goes down?

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Now that I'm seeing it in action, the cross-console parity of the 3DS and Wii U versions feels really weird. You can't edit characters you export between versions. Unlocks and equipment can't carry over. It makes me wonder why they even touted the cross-console parity as a feature.

I probably would have preferred if they'd just let Smash Bros 3DS be more its own game (like they did when porting games like Mario Party and Mario Tennis to handhelds) and let each be the best game it can be. Ice Climbers being cut because the 3DS couldn't handle them is just depressing now because it would barely impact either game to have console-exclusive characters.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

oswald ownenstein posted:

Manual says I need to double tap on the thumbstick and hit a button to do a smash attack - I thought you just hold it down after doing direction + attack?

It's not a double-tap. To do a Smash, press a direction and A at the same time. To perform a faster, lighter attack (aka, a Tilt Attack) press in the direction slightly before you press A.

And yes, charge up Smashes by holding the A button and releasing. Tilt attacks can't be charged (though I'm sure some day there will be a character who has charged Tilts and then we'll all be in trouble).

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Hahaha, if you do the degenerate Down-B spam with Donkey Kong in Multi-Man Smash, your Global Smash Rating doesn't start to go up until you use anything else.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I'm glad Special Smash is back so I can go back to my favorite passtime of making the computer do insane gimmick fights.

My current jam is 300% Coin Smash matches. Four CPUs on high, with items on high and switched for maximum chaos. Play on as tiny a stage as you can. Oh, also set the launch rate to 2.0.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I kind of wish the lowest form of Master Core didn't make you fight Master Edges of all things. At least the 3DS version started you out with Master Scorpion Dog or whatever that form is called.

I really have no idea how I'm supposed to avoid half of Master Edges' attacks. At least very few of them launch so I guess it's supposed to just be softening you up for later forms.

Rocketlex fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Nov 23, 2014

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
If you're looking for equipment, moves and Mii costumes without a lot of hassle, Master Orders is a pretty good source. The challenges tend to be fairly easy up to what the game considers Hard, and completing harder challenges actually nets you multiple rewards, more than just the one listed. The only downside is that Master Hand loves to be an rear end in a top hat and reward you with duplicates of things you already have, but that's kinda every mode.

Also, here's a tip: If the prize has a "Smash Bros" icon on it, that probably means it's a Mii costume piece. Pretty much everything else will have a character icon, even if it's generic equipment like a Brawn Badge.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Yoshi no longer sasy "Briiiiing-Ha!" when doing his Down B what is this garbage Sakurai answer for your crimes.

I want an alternate costume for Yoshi that uses his Mario Party/Mario Kart 64 noises. I miss the days when Yoshi communicated in weird synth record-scratch noises.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I thought the point of Amiibos was that kids were supposed to make their Amiibos fight each other, like those old Digimon virtual pets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I like that if you earn the chance to unlock a character by playing a certain number of Smash matches, the winner of the match is the one who fights the unlock fight. It's a nice touch.

• Locked thread