Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

mdemone posted:

My body, at long last, is Reggie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Looking at that photo really highlights just how much of a Nintendo Thing(tm) that setup is. loving Nintendo and their peripherals. Remember when you needed a GBA + Adapter for every player when you played that GC Zelda game? :psyduck:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Deviant posted:

That was the dumbest loving thing I've ever seen and or heard. You took three minutes of my life, and I want them back.

Unfortunately our company is unable to refund your time. It looks like you signed a Release of Liability Waiver when you clicked on the hyperlink to our video "Metal Gear Awesome" back in 2005. This agreement states that you forfeit all rights to complain about quote unquot; "wasted time of your life" from the first moment you begin to watch our videos until the date of your final expiration in 2053 when your heart inevitably fails you. We remind you that formal, written complaints can be mailed to our main Headquarters post mortem by a family member as long as the proper court appeals have been made.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you have an enjoyable remainder of the day.

-Sincerely, Rebecca
Egoraptor, incorporated

Click Here to see our newest Mageware: Reworked video!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Here's some videos, smash thread
Feat. No. 1 little mac: http://youtu.be/BCY30kMZo2E

Also some moves being shown: http://youtu.be/7g47t__s9Xc

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Does anyone want to really feel it or perhaps smash a bro on the 3ds? Got mine back from my bro and I'm hankering for some Xmas week smash

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
You're closer than you think to the truth about robin

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Man why is shield > throw such an effective anti-air? Played against a g&w and a duck hunt and both just spammed their projectiles until I tried to gap close in the air, only for them to shield my attack and throw me off the map again. How are supposed to deal with a shield from the air if it's your only way to get in? :argh:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I'm pretty adamant on maining shulk so I guess I'll just to get better at reading the shield when I am in the air. I've gotten some success with fast fall into grab, which for some reason let's me grab faster than regular falling. Also dash>roll backwards is a surprisingly robust mixup. You can bait out something easily punished fairly frequently.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Man little Mac is pretty frustrating to play against. It's a struggle to get back to the ground, and since 80% of his moves have super armor it's hard to do anything in the air. The best success I've had is to just throw him, and never stop throwing him, because it's pointless to pretend I have the reaction time to play footsie with a good one on the ground.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Using Shulk's variety of Air attacks + fast falling is giving me a lot of fun in mixups. Lots of really weird angles of attack, and some stuff lets you really be pretty sneaky. I think the only one I'm still having trouble finding a practical use for is uair + fast fall, probably since it's so thin a hitbox horizontally. Maybe in Speed form I can get enough horizontal mojo going to use it to edge guard. The big appeal is that you can use nair from like 30 feet up in jump, and then you can have that hit someone on the ground by fast falling in like a fifth of a second. Doesn't work against someone who has a shield ready but you can really get creative with jump and speed and nair+fastfall to punish a move. Also using Jump to go Really Ham for meteor smashes is really fun and I enjoy that a lot.

Also nair can hit people behind you at the beginning of the animation so if I land backwards against a rushdown character I can shffl nair and it gives me pretty good coverage against someone trying to dash in. Fast falling all the time also lets you get back in the air faster since Shulk has super long animations on everything he does. I let the ground cancel half my aerials and often times I can combo nair into a side tilt.

Also it turns out that you can use Smash form to meteor people at like 40%. You get just enough knockback around 35% to seriously throw them off the stage to prep them for it, and if they're a heavier character with a predictable recovery I think it's a strong tool to consider. I've tried it at 0% and you really need something on them before you can do it, but you don't need a lot. Using smash early as a way to just keep dudes like Little Mac off the stage is a interesting application of it.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
You can tech it into a roll but mostly it's his bread and butter combo

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It's healthy for the game for the beefier dudes to have reliable ways to reward catching a light nimble dude with something easily punishable like most of their moves with easy to chain poo poo like that. I definitely prefer Ganondorfs kicking me 300 feet than getting slowly eaten alive by 5 billion loving lloyd rockets and slightshots argh gently caress offf

Ganondorf is a Grandpa who is all about manly fighting without all the projectile and fancy footwork fluff that makes characters like Little mac and Duck Hunt insufferable. I shan't have you talk down upon him. :colbert:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
120 1 stock suicides should take care of unlocking all the characters.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
His dash attack is now good and I think you can tipper some of his attacks

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
He's referring to Rosalina

e; and Zero Suit Samass

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I just played my first Diddy online...What the ever living gently caress is all I really gotta say.

his throw can turn 0% into 40% after he bairs you 4 times, and starting at like 70% he can throw > uair for a stock. And all of his aerials are incredibly spammable so unless you touch him with a stick he will always win every air fight.

What the gently caress is this bullshit character

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It's so easy to shield that characters with long windups on most of their moves just seem to be at a huge disadvantage. I remember watching that Ike enthusiast play on that stream and all he did was run around and be hard to hit and pray to the lord Jesus Christ that someone would use an attack that left them open long enough for him to manage to hit them

e; Rob and ZSS also seem a tad overbearing

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
He just had a lot of combos ready to go for me. If I got punished, I ate at least 2 attacks. In particular, this guy liked to spam grabs and then toss me up + uair. I just need to get used to grab spammers and figure out a way to deal with them i guess. They're usually the type that likes to just hold down shield from the moment you leave the ground until the moment you land because for the life of me it's almost impossible to approach a standing dude as Shulk with an aerial, you just get grabbed once every 2 seconds and you have to figure out how to get back onto the platform since you can't actually attack them on your way back down since you eat a shield>grab every single fuckin time.

I've gotten some success by baiting out the shield and fast falling into a grab point blank, but even then they can technically grab first, it just catches people by surprise once or twice. After that, There's just no way to beat them to the grab and you're forced to land nowhere near them

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I've been practicing my perfect pivots all night, and I was still in that mode when I ran into this guy and got steamrolled. It's frustratingly hard to do. If I was able to map my right stick to moving like my left one I could probably do it way easier, but I checked the control scheme, and I'm not allowed to :(

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It doesn't hurt them, it displaces them. :v:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Just just use jab combo until bair can kill.
I hope u enjoyed reading my guide for Ike, the fire's emblem

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Golden Sun: The Last Airbender was a Good Videogame

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 16, 2015

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

TheKingofSprings posted:

Golden Sun: the Lost Age may also have been a Good Videogame.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn was not

Oh poo poo it was Lost Age wasn't it lol

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

PantsBandit posted:

Playing a girl MC in a game like fire emblem means you have to romance dudes and that is not ok with me as a heterosexual male uncomfortable with confronting the deeper aspects of my sexuality. The only game where this is ok is Mass Effect because Garrus is a baller.

are you implying something about my anime waifu WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
You should get in #goonsmash

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I dont think most stages are that big friend

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Have you unlocked all the characters? :v:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Making money in spectate is easier than I thought. You just pick a 10.0 guy with a green arrow in a 4 man free for all and statistically it's impossible to not come out way ahead.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I like to run off the stage and immediately charge shot as they recover low.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Ike is pretty bad and the players who have the most success with him just try to abuse grabs/his safest moves like his tilts and bair to rack damage. Almost every smash attack is a hard read against any decent player.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
They probably never even tested grab to air combos

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Play more captain falcon

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

colbamf posted:

Can we just talk for a moment about how bad Ganondorf is?

He's so bad.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I just back throw > dair gimped a dude at 0% as Ike like 15 minutes ago in FG so the dream is still alive and well friend

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Junkie Disease posted:

What the best of Shulk video out there? I need inspiration.

1. Go deep for Jump spikes

2. Hit them off the stage literally as fast as you can, then try to gimp with Smash spikes

3. Really Feel It a lot

4. Use dtilt a lot, it's really good

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
You should 1v1 me; I will teach you to show your moves, and to really feel it.

I will await your friend request in my dojo, #goonsmash

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Sakurai's vision

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Louisgod posted:

Star Fox Adventures nude code.

:boom:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
That ganondorf is channeling some serious shounen spirit to beat this pikachu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

it is posted:

Falcon is good. He's high tier; probably the most-played character at our weeklies. His side-B kills, his up tilt is a spike if you hit someone who's recovering, his aerials are awesome. His up air chains into I think both the knee and the stomp.

his standard B kills too

• Locked thread