Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
NNID is noirstronaut

I plan on loving you all up individually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Why does Yoshi wear shoes

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Well, I mean, he does wear shoes.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

TheKingofSprings posted:

The Wiimote's kinda lovely and 8 player owns conceptually

Who uses a Wiimote anymore

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

TheKingofSprings posted:

Literally half of my friends that play

Have you considered getting better friends?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
poo poo's about to go down apparently.

But honestly, what's the verdict? GC controller or Pro controller? I might just get the game and adapter since I have GC controllers around the house.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Golden Goat posted:

Get the adapter, even if you have a pro controller it just means you have more controllers for a big 8 player match.

You're expecting me to have friends. That's sweet.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
How do i get the Mewtwo

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

um excuse you this is not 2001

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Y'all some fuckers. I just want to do that weird backwards jump levitate poo poo Mewtwo does.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I CAN'T loving FIND THE BUNDLE ANYWHERE

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

sharrrk posted:

i found one

i hope your rear end inverts itself and the game breaks

i'm going to ransack every best buy within 200 miles

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Suck it, Trebek

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

the truth posted:

If I have one complaint about this game it is that too many characters and courses are available right off the bat. On one hand I should be grateful because I am an adult human being with a full time job and now I actually get to experience most of the game, but unlocking characters and stages is more exciting than getting a bunch of songs I will never listen to.

Not sure how much effort I will put into customizing my characters, either, since I will be doing virtually no local multiplayer.

You bought Smash for its single player?????

????????

??????????????

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I get so disenhearted and when I play classic mode. Whenever I face master and crazy hand, it's never an easy feat. I can mop up the floor with everyone on any intensity, but those loving hands, man.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is Mewtwo not yet confirmed for America?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

greatn posted:

He's confirmed worldwide.

Oh, he's not "out" until spring. drat. I only bought this game to watch Mewtwo do the levijump in HD.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Are any Amiibos rare? I have access to them all right now

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

sleepness posted:

Is there a quintessential "how to not suck at this game" video? This is my first Smash Brothers game and while I enjoy it, I'm really abysmally bad.

All you have to do is know when to block and how to do things quickly. Then reading people. It only gets complicated as hell when you do tournaments. It's not Street Fighter. SF is complicated regardless.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I just got a wii u and will pick this game up as soon as I find a GameCube controller bundle for it. How's the jump from 3DS to Wii u?

Apparently these things are completely sold out and also one-time things. Your best bet is to walk into Best Buy, sell someone to check "behind the shelf" and hope they don't know what "reserved" means.

Morally, however, you are (probably) out of luck.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

surf rock posted:

Where'd you hear that they're one-time things? Given how quickly they sold out and how much demand there still seems to be, it'd be crazy if they didn't do a second production run.

Every Gamestop i've called (other stores couldn't disclose inventory) said they were "one time shipments and not expecting anymore". It's possible Nintendo just didn't tell them more were coming in order to raise demand.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

liquidypoo posted:

I'm not going to have this until December thanks to loving TRU, but my NNID is liquidypoo. Add me and be sure to say stuff like "I'm playing Smash U and you aren't!" in the friend request message deal-o.

Why not cancel it and just buy it at literally any other store

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It'll look like a new car in my garage

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
loving. man. If Crazy and Master were on the loving level, I could mop their rear end with a sword, but alas, they are not and I either have to jump or do some aerials which I do not like at all at all at all.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Bowser is a badass with no sarcasm. His firepower mouth poo poo annoys the hell out of me, though.

Also, Robin is the best character in case you haven't heard.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

TheKingofSprings posted:

Literally 3 misinputted forward smashes at the end there holy poo poo

Did you lose

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Anyone here work retail? Know when more adapters will be available? I wanna try and score one before next weekend so I can have a party.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Haruharuharuko posted:

Tuesdays and Fridays are normally the main receiving days for inventory when it comes to big box stores at least those that run through Anderson merchandising like Target Wal mart and K Mart.

Also good luck my store got 2.

You might be better off grabbing some off brand wii remotes and those hori gamecube pads that plug into them.

We are not savages. We will die for this adapter.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Austrian mook posted:

I'm actually thinking of flipping my adaptor on ebay now if I can get used to the gamepad controls.

Flip it into my mailbox

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Guys, what the gently caress is this master core bullshit

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
What are all these Masters :negative: I lose to Master Hand and Crazy Hand at least once a day

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Lame Devil posted:

I bought a third party GameCube controller adapter a while ago for mario kart. My adaptor plugs into a wiimote so the game reads my GameCube controller as a wiimote. The wiimote controller options do not allow turning off tap-to-jump.

Is there a work around? Or do I need to adapt?

I think it reads as a Classic Controller if it has to pass through the Wiimote to work. I have no idea if that information is useful or not. I could try myself since we have the same one (probably; Mayflash?) but I am a lazy man.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

RyokoTK posted:

Probably because bad Macs that side-b off the ledge are dragging the ratio down.

gently caress Little Mac for this exact reason. The amount of times I have accidentally just pressed B and flung to my death are not countable or whatever word would work there

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

ChaosArgate posted:

People think Little Mac is a character you can just rush in and beat others down with, but playing him requires a lot more patience than they think.

I ain't got time for this Mr Miyagi poo poo. Give me Zero Suit Samus instead

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Maybe I'm already patient but I just hate Mac's special. I can mop with most female characters, but Mac is only good to me if I straight up cannot do his standard special.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

What network

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Guys, what the gently caress. There was an orb after I fought my shadowed self and I was hitting it for awhile and then it blew up and killed me. So, like, what the hell

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

codenameFANGIO posted:

You have to launch it by beating the poo poo out of it before it kills you.

gently caress this game.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

MinibarMatchman posted:

hahaha how the gently caress do you get killed by that orb unless you take like 3 minutes to kill it

I had no idea what the hell it was doing so I was just hitting A on it gently until some poo poo happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
That Yoshi is the funniest thing I have ever seen.

• Locked thread