Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whelp, one day until I buy a Wii U.

Guess I better think of a clever NNID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whelp, I'm a Wii U owner now.

NNID: "FULLOFWASPS"

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tender Bender posted:

I wish there was an option to use the c-stick for tilts instead of smashes. I've always had a hard time doing a tilt quickly, it usually ends up being a Smash instead.
Pretty sure there is?

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I didn't give a single gently caress about items and moves and whatever until earlier today when I poked inside the customization and god drat do I want them all now.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He does it for a victory screen, doesn't he?

(I am a bad person and do not play Duck Hunt Dog.)

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

RyokoTK posted:

It's going to be a little funny but mostly really depressing when the pros start getting into Smash 4 and ban all the stages.

You can play on Battlefield, Final Destination, Kongo 64, Smashville, Town and City, and Duck Hunt.
I'm surprised they didn't include a stage hazards/transitions toggle. I know a lot of people would rather play on a Wily Castle with no Yellow Devil, and it'd be nice to just be able to play Castle Siege without the floor breaking or to pick one version of a Pokemon level and stick with it.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I somehow got the Kirby challenge (with the reward) on the first try, but man, gently caress the Meta Knight vs Marth challenge. Stop hiding behind the princesses, god dammit!

The Crotch fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 26, 2014

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I did the final event on hard abusing aether on the ledges. I'll probably never beat loving Meta Knight's event on hard.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Big Battlefield's pretty drat fun.

Anyone have advice for playing Ike, Samus, and/or Sheik?

(But preferably Ike.)

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am 100% sure they didn't do that before because holy gently caress did that ever catch me off guard.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pegged Lamb posted:

Everyone quit what you're doing and try playing Kirby's Crazy Appetite on hard
Got it first try. :smug:
Now for attempt number eighty seven at Unwavering Chivalry. :negative:

EDIT: Another new stupid newbie, huh?

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ganondorf is a great professional wrestler, god dammit.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Those were good games, whoever the hell I was playing. I am really bad against Lucina apparently.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blaze Dragon posted:

At least Ganondorf is really good for clearing Home Run Contest and Not-Angry Birds challenges. And I've found him quite useful for beating All-Star Battles and The Final Battle on Hard too, with a defensive build + quick smash attacks and lifesteal.

Now if I could figure out how to win The Final FINAL Battle on Hard, because I kept getting killed before I can even touch Sonic and Mega Man.

I relied on aether -> ledge grab -> jump off -> repeat to build damage and luck/bad AI to get killing blows, but it still took me a lot of tries. Pac-Man's keys and hydrants are really dangerous.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

NTT posted:

Man why is shield > throw such an effective anti-air? Played against a g&w and a duck hunt and both just spammed their projectiles until I tried to gap close in the air, only for them to shield my attack and throw me off the map again. How are supposed to deal with a shield from the air if it's your only way to get in? :argh:
For real, this is the most frustrating thing. I often feel that the only way to really approach someone is with an aerial attack, but it feels so punishable to me that it's not really any better than staying on the ground. I should really play more characters with projectiles I guess.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm really shocked they don't have toggles or sliders for stage hazards and transitions. Like, if I could do, say, just the first part of Castle Siege or remove the Golden Axe thiefNabbit from Mushroom Kingdom or get those drat murderswords out of the Pokemon level, I'd never need another game (until the next Smash came out).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Davinci posted:

On the other hand, in regular play there does seem to be a lot more instant-kill weapons and items now. There's the beetle, the wind-pot, the baseball bat, that giant stone bat, bob-bombs (if you accidentally step on a walking one), smash balls, and the 3-part laser gun and the dragoon too. These, do seem to be very focused towards evening the playing field between skilled and unskilled players. Except for maybe the baseball bat since it has a very obvious and long wind-up. And it always seems like there's at least one of these items on the field at all times.

I've always kinda felt that a lot of really powerful items can be kinda unfriendly towards new players. Too much "I have no idea what's happening and oh now I'm dead" when you're making GBS threads out massive explosions and screen-clearing Pokemon all the time. I just got back from visiting with the family for Christmas and while Mario Kart was a big hit, nobody really wanted to touch Smash because their past experiences with the franchise were too chaotic.

• Locked thread