Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Calico Heart posted:

The Toad trophy reads "Why are they called Toads? Some are green, but they're not frog-like or anything. Captain Toad can't even jump! oh, wait... ohhhhhh, now it makes sense".

The "Pipes" trophy ends by going "Down the pipe! You sleep in pipes, dream of pipes. Pipes pipes pipes pipes pipes pipes!"

"Thwomp" is "Have you wondered what it would be like to have your own thwomp? If someone tried to break into your house, it would just go "THWOMP" on their head! Yep, a thwomp would make a great home-security system. Nowhere sells them though. Sad times"

Seriously read some of them, it really made me consider what the job must have been like.

Don't forget the Pokemon Trainer trophy where half of the description was the Pokemon theme song lyrics repurposed with Smash terms.

Trash Boat fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Anyone want to play a few matches. I'm fine with or without items, but my personal preference is items on for FFA and items off for 1V1. My NNID is MaxPower9001. (Yeah, yeah, I know, I'd change it if I could.)

Trash Boat fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 22, 2014

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Rhycool posted:

Sorry about that Mr. Boat, idk if you left or if that was my first lagout. Fun matches, though!

Yeah, I think my internet dropped out for a brief second there mid-match. Great matches though, even if I only managed to squeeze out the first win there.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

seiferguy posted:

Jesus how do you even touch an enemy in cruel melee. Within seconds of spawning I get ruined. I guess it's easier to play the matches to unlock Duck Hunt.

My personal method of choice is to fly up as Kirby to gather them all below you, B-Down and repeat. Another popular method was to use Kirby or Dedede to suck them up, jump off the stage, spit them out underneath, recover and repeat.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Macaluso posted:

WHAT :aaa:

edit: eh it doesn't do much good. Friend request is greyed out and there's no other way to comment on their profile

Don`t know if that's due to their account settings or something, but alternatively, you can also hit X on the match results screen and select their profile to send them a request from there.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

the truth posted:

I played Brawl and never knew about the Snake chats until fairly recently. Can anyone recommend a good YouTube compilation? I don't want to miss anything if they are good.

Here you go, along with time codes to each individual character.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

So I was wondering if someone here might have some idea how to fix my online issues. The game plays fine when I'm connected, but after a while (usually a few matches in) I'll just disconnect mid-match and be completely unable to get back in for a while, getting Error Code 101-0502 or 102-2106 every time. I've tried using both DMZ and Port Forwarding, but neither seems to fix it. Any other suggestions?

oh god my sides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Cabbagepots posted:

No way.

If Nintendo goes to all the trouble of acquiring more third party licenses to use they're not going to do any small-time clone characters. They're more likely to make entirely new franchise reps. For Sega, Bayonetta, and for Namco, Klonoa.

Not to mention the fact that Shadow is already ruled out entirely by virtue of him already being present as an assist trophy.

That being said, were we to get a second Sega rep, I would put my money on a second Sonic character before I would another franchise. Whereas both Mega Man and Street Fighter made sense due to both franchises holding a good deal importance to Nintendo's history, I honestly can't think of any other Sega franchise that holds anywhere near the level of relevance to Nintendo that both of Capcom's franchises or Sonic do. The only one I can see being a potential candidate in that regard would be Bayonetta, which would be directly at odds with Smash's intended tone and demographic, even more so than Snake was.

Trash Boat fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 31, 2015

• Locked thread