Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Got the bundle of the game, adapter and gamecube controller reserved. Picking this up tomorrow (though no idea when I'll be able to start playing). NNID: seiferguy

Looking forward to smashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Sadly I won't be able to start playing till tomorrow afternoon :smith:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I preordered the bundle at Best Buy a few months ago. I leave work in an hour. I hope it's still there and they didn't give it to someone else :ohdear:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Jesus how do you even touch an enemy in cruel melee. Within seconds of spawning I get ruined. I guess it's easier to play the matches to unlock Duck Hunt.

Bowser Jr. is my favorite so far. I love his quick moves.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

FutureBoy posted:

Little Mac, down special. Over and over again until it works. You only need to get one, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

I'll give that a shot.

By the way I haven't played online yet but I'm adding goons and will start soon so add me with NNID seiferguy

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Does winning for fun matches do anything besides making you feel better about yourself? I somehow wrecked people 3 times in a row.

Also, what's the best strategy for 100 man melee? In SSBM I would use DK and spam down + B but that doesn't seem to work as well here.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
So I tried the CD farming trick of training my Link into collecting master balls immediately. He does that very well now. He just doesn't pick up the CDs when Mew shows up, and he's obsessed with doing up + B attacks for some reason. Otherwise this is a pretty good way to farm CDs.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
So basically your Amiibo observes your actions and repeat them right? I got mine collecting items but I have no idea why my Link keeps spamming his spin attack since I never showed him how to do that (maybe the computer player that we were playing did?)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I did cruel melee with Little Mac, and after only my 2nd try, I was able to KO 6 of them in one setting consistently using his down + B attack. I imagine with some practice, I could do the same for Lucina since her counter works similarly and then get enough practice in to KO 8 of them.

In either case, this makes unlocking Duck Hunt pretty easy.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm going to try for the 8 cruel KOs with Lucina and I figure by some dumb luck the stars will align and I'll get it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

PerrineClostermann posted:

Jesus christ, is everyone online a loving pro? I mean, seriously, what the hell? Every match is a stomp.

I don't really think of myself as very good, and the couple of for glory matches I played I did well, including winning the first one with Shulk. I guess your experience may vary.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
After about an hour of trying the up + b trick with Lucina, I got the 8 KOs with cruel melee. Once I finally hit 8 I stopped caring and with that free spirit, I landed 3 more KOs with her counter.

This vampire badge thingy I won is pretty nice, right? What do I do with it?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It seems like everytime I play a Charizard online, they wreck me. I feel like he's underrated.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
What's the trick to staying alive in crazy orders? I seem to get to round 5 before I'm up to 120% or so and say gently caress it and go for crazy hand.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

mabels big day posted:

Get a KO healer badge, and do horde battles.

I keep forgetting that equipment is a thing in this game. I suppose it's not much different than stickers in Brawl. I suppose I could also use the Vampire Brawn Badge too.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
What's the best way to reveal 100% of the wall during credits? My best result was with Ike using his up + B over and over again, but I only got to about 99.8%.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Whoever said Charizard is hot garbage is 100% wrong. He owns and I often win for glory battles with him.

Turning my c-stick into tilt attacks instead of smash attacks helps immensely.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

liquidypoo posted:

ChaosArgate, I'm calling you out. I've got a room up; hop in and let's see if your Robin can best the perfection that is King Dedede

Edit: ended up fighting seiferguy instead. Thanks for popping in, had to stop since I work in the mornings. ChaosArgate, the call out still stands

That was pretty fun. I more or less cycled through different characters I hadn't used so it was fun to get the experience with different characters. For the record, I left the room at first because for some reason when I joined at first, the game decided that my gamepad was my primary controller, not my gamecube one for some reason. Leaving and rejoining fixes that.

Anyone know the best way to get lifesteal equipment? I got the vampire badge from Lucina's cruel melee achievement, but that's all I got and I want to buff up for those level 9 challenges.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

ShortStack posted:

Which amiibos are store exclusives?

I think Lucario, Meta Knight (Best Buy) and Shulk (Gamestop) are the announced ones so far. Rosalina might be exclusive to Target too.

efb

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've gotten pretty good with my custom Yoshi at doing a crazy orders run and easily getting 10-11 runs in before feeling compelled to beat Crazy Hand (note: Yoshi's aerial down still wrecks Crazy Hand, as it has in every smash game). Equip him with the vampire brawn badge from Lucina's cruel melee achievement and lifesteal the crap out of enemies. I was excited since I got a run of 4 CDs. 3 of theose CDs all ended up being Ike's Theme though :shepface:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Overall I'm a little disappointed in the stages. I thought Brawl had the best stage mix, but this version uses retreads of too many maps from Brawl and Melee. There's not enough original ones, and the retreads are bad choices. As much as I enjoy the music to Hyrule Temple, it's a bad stage and isn't much different to Palutena's Temple. Norfair and Pyrosphere are bad representations of the Metroid universe too. Also, how does Norfair not have the music from Magmoor Caverns / Norfair Depths (from Super Metroid)? Missed opportunity right there.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It'd be cool if there was a Metroid stage that wasn't a high tech lava place. Most Metroid games have a lot of nature scenes. A Phendrana Drifts stage would have been pretty sweet.

Dr. Wily's stage seems pretty uninspired and the yellow devil just makes it worse.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Macaluso posted:

Goddamn Little Mac players are stupid

Little Mac is a newbie character. Fun and gives off lots of combos but man that recovery is just garbage which makes him easy to play against.

Also, there's something to be said about catering to casuals. I've never been much of a fighting fan sans a bout of Soul Calibur but man I love Smash Bros because it's easy to pick up and I don't have to learn a bunch of moves for each characters, since the move set is the same, A for regulars, B for specials, R for throws, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ometeotl posted:

You try getting that suit off in an emergency.

She got it off pretty quickly using her final smash in Brawl :colbert:

• Locked thread