Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Bigfuzzyjesus, beautiful boat, absolutely stunning and it's lovely to hear the story behind it as well.

Would you ever consider changing to electronic ignition or adding a remote oil filter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

The Locator posted:

crazy engined fishing boats out here in the desert use.

Wait what?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

The Locator posted:

Arizona - we have lakes on the Verde (Bartlett and Horseshoe) and Salt (Saguaro, Canyon, Apache, and Roosevelt), as well as Lake Pleasant on the Hassayampa. There are a stupid number of boats in the Phoenix area, and as noted above, it's not much of a drive to get to any of the Colorado river lakes.

Bass boats with multiple 2-300 HP engines are pretty common, or were when I was active in boating (which has been a while to be fair). I still see them on trailers pretty regular on the highway.

Oh cool, right.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Elmnt80 posted:

I probably should have been more specific, this is for us to stock the store I work at, so we're limited to whoever the company is partnered with. Store manager has 0 experience with marine stuff but still wants to sell it, so I volunteered to look it all up. Our marine stuff comes mainly through sierra, thus my problem. Though looking at mercury's website for parts, it mentions something about a classic parts catalog that goes up to 1989. Perhaps in 1990 they took all their parts in-house after doing a huge model refresh and thats why I can't find anything in the sierra catalogs or similar.

Have you phoned mercury?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

And 2 nuclear reactors.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Looks like you just need to counter bore the screw holes for the bezel, or is there not enough thickness in the print?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Humbug posted:

Have a terrible photo of my 20yo boat. I think its pretty good for 2 hours per year

Is that usage or maintenance? :haw:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Serious question: how easy is fiberglassing something like that for a beginner?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

How about a roof rack? Building with your ski hole as the primary restriction sounds like it's too tight.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Didn't harbor freights trailers get pulled ( :haw: ) because the tyres were found to be non-DOT-legal? You'd think they'd give the supplier a kicking, raise the price a few bucks and be back on sale a week later with different tyres.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

That is a beautiful boat, here's hoping your terrible decision is a good one.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Just shift all your tinned food and spanners to the front when you leave it parked and lift the back out that way.

Signed not a boat knower.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

That's a real interesting failure.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Not a boat guy, but why the pontoon hate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Nidhg00670000 posted:

with a 1150hp Scania DI16 instead of the original 625hp DSI14.

That's loving obscene. I love it.