Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I bought an old 18' crestliner with the old 3.0 140hp iron duke motor in it. Pretty easy to take care of, just oil and fluid changes. It was a pig on fuel but eh.

The only "repairs" I did was new points and condenser, a carb rebuild, and a couple of relays. I think it cost me 20 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I love the photos!

I wish I had photos of when my great grand mother lived in her apartment on Staten Island. You could see all the ships coming in and out of the harbor.

Just curious to the people who spend time on the ocean. What is the "ideal" sized sail boat for living and being on the ocean? One of my end goals is to buy a sail boat after I retire and just spend the rest of my life putting around the Caribbean.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Most likely at that time in my life it would just be me, the wife, maybe a cat? Maybe an odd guest or two.

I dont think I have any desire to head from north america to europe, but it would be nice to have something I can tool up and down the coast of north and south america if I felt like it.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I would think that just 2 people any thing under 30' would be more than adequate.

But fresh water capacity and storage would be my bigger concern.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I'm dissapointed in the lack of information on the Chevy 305 in the OP

305s make good boat motors. Even better boat anchors.