Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Tekne posted:

SS Delphine, Horace Dodge's personal yacht, is still seaworthy and providing voyages for lucky bastards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBf8PPq8PrU

My goodness gracious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I would think that just 2 people any thing under 30' would be more than adequate.

But fresh water capacity and storage would be my bigger concern.

When I was a younger man I'd sail with friends up and down the coast out of Santa Monica all the time in a Pearson 33-4. It was fine for 4 people for about a week at a time - you had to be inventive with water storage, but it wasn't a big deal. Also the chemical toilet wasn't really up to that duty but when you have water all around you that's not such a big deal.

These days my dream is to get a 35 to 40 foot or so trawler type motor yacht or converted fishing boat in another few years (or decades) when I'm well heeled enough to afford the permanent slip space. Nothing serious blue water, but enough to get up and down the West Coast, or even go through Panama and around to the East if I wanted.