Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stan488
Mar 18, 2005

I was planning on picking up a boat sometime this year once I got accepted into the yacht club near me, but fate had other plans and a 1981 Hunter 37 basically fell into my lap.

It is in dire need of a good pressure washing and possibly a bottom job, but the sails are in really good shape and the engine runs well.

Had a good time this weekend sailing it across Mobile bay to its temporary home.

Aside from the pressure washing I need to check/replace some of the running lights and see why the autopilot isn't getting power. Its got a really nice Simrad plotter and Raymarine autopilot.

stan488 fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stan488
Mar 18, 2005

The Locator posted:

Congratulations on your new money-hole! She's gonna look nice when you get her cleaned up I think. Are you planning to to long-term cruising?

The club I've applied to has a decent sized cruising group and they do weekend trips pretty regularly which I'm excited to join in on.

The previous owner took it to Cuba, Mexico, Dry Tortugas and the Bahamas with some regularity so it's set up with a big battery bank and solar. I need to take that AC off the top and reinstall an internal unit. The AC unit blocks so much visibility.