Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
I used to had reoccurring "nightmares" as a child, where I would dream the same scenario over a period of a week or so, with little to no changes. One of these nightmares involved my primary school tennis teacher hanging on the side of my car like Top Cat and telling me to duck in slow motion as she prepared to throw a Nokia 3310 at me. Another involved the father of my half cousin chasing me around the house and to my primary school, where my teachers (who were as tall as the school) huffed when I begged for help.

When I was about... 10-12, I started collecting dreamcatchers, because they were pretty and looked good hung above my bed. I don't know if it was a psychological thing or what, but I'd had a really bad nightmare one night that woke me up in tears. When I went back to sleep, I was hovering in a black void and an old man's voice (kind of like Morgan Freeman?) was telling me that nightmares were an illusion created by my lack of self-confidence, but I could let them loose from my mind to be caught by the dreamcatchers. Then he said that he believed in me, and I could do anything if I tried. Once he'd finished talking, I was thrown into a really random assortment of dreams that kept bouncing between pseudo-reality and complete nonsense.

I've never had a single nightmare since then, and I've anyways been able to turn a potentially bad dream good without making it a lucid dream. Like, a few weeks ago there was some murderer loose in my dream, and he was coming after me, but I developed magic and blasted him into a wall before he could hurt me, then revived his victims, but I wasn't able to change the dream any further. Thanks, dream old man, for believing in me :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread