Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
B

:( Sorry Roscoe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I feel bad. We've no one to blame but ourselves. And he who hungers. Let's eat him.

B

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvuM3DjvYf0&t=70s

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

B

Roscoe, noooo.
We didn't even get to tell him goodbye. :smithicide:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

B.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
B

RIP Little Buddy.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

RIP old friend :jp:

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
:( horrible

B MLG high speed low drag

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

B

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
:( Poor Roscoe.

Welp, we have no earthly attachments, let's eat the world.

B

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

Sorry Roscoe.

C Kill'em all

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Aades posted:

Sorry Roscoe.

C Kill'em all

Avenge Roscoe through wanton violence.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
You are Christine the Cuttlefish. You have just devoured and murdered the one friend you had. The taste lingers on your beak, but now really isn't the time for emotions is it. Something is waiting for you. The moonflats are not entirely flat, but rather crushed flat. Deep seams run along what could be called the surface. The bleached bones of a reef long dead pale in the moonlight that seems to beat terribly on your skin. You cloak yourself and drop into a shallow channel as you approach the figure hanging in the moonlight. It takes a few moments to approach a decent speed while avoiding any snags along the channel. Rocky coral fingers reach out, almost clawing at you. The piles of dead bones beneath you doesn't do much to calm your nerves either. At this far distance you can see that you are both matched in size, but the silhouette is much different that your own. Looking a head you can see that the trench you have chosen will accommodate your bulk for most of the distance.

"You can do it boss, just keep your head down!" Was that Roscoe? No, but you could have sworn you heard him just now. It's what he would have said at least. You had to keep your mind focused on staying hidden. Everything was simple shades of white but the textures were tricky. Closer now. You can smell it now. A quick glance over the edge confirms your fear. Razor teeth, grey skin and a distinct lack of anything other than a desire to consume.

Hunger's Chosen. An ancient disciple by its size and the scarring. Halting your advance you thought back to your youth. You had been out hunting with your podmates over some reef. A snail caught your eye. As you dove into the crevice to snatch it, something large and dark burst past you. Blood filled the water. Before you could turn around it was gone, along with several of your companions. All that you saw was a grey tail, swishing into the blue. It turned for a moment, catching your gaze. There was nothing in that eye, a black inky nothingness. It made you tremble. Then you thought it was fear, now you know it was something more. The blood, that look, hunger. Something was wrong with this creature. It was sitting still.

Every fish that swam in the sea knew about the curse of Hunger's Chosen. There was a time when sharks swam like any other fish. They nipped at smaller things until one day a shark nipped its neighbor. Liking the taste it then snapped at its brother. It grew, mated and even ate its own children. The shark grew larger and larger until one day it swam down to the bottom of the ocean. There it met He-Who-Hungers. The two predators locked eyes and in an instant it was over. Both knew they would tear into each other over an over, consuming, resting then attacking again but in the end the shark would lose. He-Who-Hungers offered the shark a deal that day. In exchange for leaving the depths and freedom from Hunger's culling the Shark would serve Him for the rest of time. The exact nature of this pact was lost to time, but most agree that all the Shark had to do was eat it's soul, damning itself and it's progeny. On that day the shark became Hunger's Chosen, never knowing rest nor fullness, marked only by its hunger and its empty black eyes.

This shark had apparently broken a vow. You had closed the distance to about half of what it was before, somewhere around 300 body lengths now. The trench you had been gliding through had begun to narrow. Soon you would need to lift up and glide along the surface. The shark bore strange markings on it's hide. Stripes and strange lines traced all over it's hide. You can't make them out at this distance but they don't appear natural. The contour of it's head was strange as well. There appeared to be a strange lump along the top of the shark's head. Unsure of what to do, you went to draw Roscoe out of your tentacles, only to find nothing there. The crystal in your back is shaking now. Something wet and dark crept into the corners of your mind. The shark began to slowly scan around itself.

I know you are there, child of Leviathan. Do not fear this form. Come out into the light and let us speak

You....
A) Reveal yourself
B) Remain hidden and drift closer
C) Consult with your partner, Roscoe the obviously not dead PI. C'mon you joker you. Roscoe dead. HA!
D) Leave (where?)
E) Write In.

Sorry for the delay folks. Moving across the country and leaving the old job got a little messy, but its all done now.

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Mar 14, 2015

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
B

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Welcome back! B

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

C

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Welcome back.:coolfish:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

b

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

A

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

A

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

C

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
C. Tell him he tasted as ugly as he looked.

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
B

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Aw man, is this back?

A. lets let him monologue a bit.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
You push away the nagging thoughts. The little voice of roscoe, pattering in your head like his little claws used to. "Don't do it boss" he would scold, tipping down his shell hat knowing full well you won't listen. Thoughts of talking back or revealing yourself to the hulking monstrosity before you dance through your mind like sand through a grasping tentacle. Trouble is the current of fear, blowing everything away. The canyon is narrowing, forcing your bulk to breach the security of the pit. Its not easy masking your presence. A sudden pinnacle of coral throws your concentration off and you flash white in panic for a moment. Closer now, a smell is in the water. You remember it from the crab den. Rotten meat.

The shark has been dead a very long time. Ragged strips of flesh cling to bloated meat. Rotten bulk writhes with unspeakable things underneath pale layers of muscle.A flash of pincer or tail is the only evidence the inhabitants show. You shudder, remembering the hive mind of worms back in the caves. It is clear now why this creature no longer needed to swim to breathe. Ten body lengths away now. You dare not draw any closer. The undead shark is still scanning around, looking for you. Thank hunger it hasn't noticed you now. Up close you notice a strange lump on the back of the shark. There is a scent you almost recognize, but you can't connect it now. There is a strange lump on the back of the dead shark's neck, larger than the many small writhing mounds. The sight repulses you. More so when the bloated corpse speaks.

This is a fun game child. I played hide and seek in the shallows when I was young. My food would try to hide in the rocks and sand and I would simply eat them. Your kind were always the best to catch. You could hide in plain sight oh yes, but your scent always betrayed you. I am not here to feast today. I have a message from the deep. The black eyes lock seemingly lock onto you for a moment, then continue scanning. In that moment you see a single tooth, lodged deep into its maw, that radiates with the same dancing colors as the curse lodged in your back. Your family is lost. Do not continue your advance. The deep is not for you. Continue as you will here, in the sun and the warmth. Feast, live, grow and then die, but do not pass not the great threshold. There is only death for you. He watches all. Now swim away.

The voice is booming but you hear it only as a whisper. The wrongness is dripping everywhere, your hearts feel as if they were dipped in black ooze. Your ink pouch tenses and your tentacles curl into attack position yet all you can think of is running. You....

A) Leave quickly under stealth
B) Ink then escape rapidly
C) Sneak attack under cloak
D) Ink then directly attack
E) "Yes Roscoe, I see it now leave me alone! You are distracting me."
F) Write in

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

E

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

E

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
C you goddamn pussies.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
We need that tooth!

C! Go in through his gills and tear out that tooth!

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Outrail posted:

We need that tooth!

C! Go in through his gills and tear out that tooth!

This is going to play hell with our indigestion. We'll end up being all grouchy and not able to enjoy our stories later in the afternoon. :(

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

B

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

C

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

C: Courage!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Dammerung posted:

C: Courage!

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
C

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
You decide to attack. You aren't going to get another shot to take out something this big and it did threaten you. Better to kill it now before it changes it's mind. You wait until the shark turns it's head away and then lunge. The distance is trivial for you. A great gout of water jets from your siphon and hurls you towards the bloated creature. The shark roars in alarm, spewing ichor and chunks of rotten flesh from its gaping maw. It tires to twist around to bite you, but it is too late. Your tentacles wrap around its midsection and back.

Not relishing the taste, your beak rips into flesh. You are right, it does taste awful. The meat just shreds under your clamping mouthpiece. The shark is cursing in some foul language you can't understand. Your grip constricts around its body. There are a series of pops as cartilage snaps away from anchors. The side of the shark bursts open. There is a cloud of blood, and then they pour out. Myriad numbers of tiny little insects explode from the wound. Many simply drop to the sand below, but some write out along your tentacles. Your chitinous armor seems to be putting up some resistance but you begin to feel the sting of their bites.

Your eyes catch a ghostly dark shape right underneath your gaze. It settles on the larger lump, resting on the sharks neck. Something bristles along your back, from the shard and into your fine-tipped tentacles. Everything stops for a moment. The shark ceases thrashing. The flesh along the side of the lump twitches, then opens up. A pair of eyes gaze up at you, fearful and darting. They lock onto yours.

You....

A) Continue attacking, shred through the meat then try to shake off the bugs.
B) Attack the lump, bite and don't stop.
C) *Evolution Power Bonus* - Use your mind probing tentacles and dig into the lump.
D) Try and rip whatever is in the lump out.
E) Disengage from the shark, there a bugs all over and they are biting ow, ow, ow...
F) Write In

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
C GET THOSE EYES

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
C

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
C. I don't understand what's going on but mind controlling things isn't bad. Also those bugs aren't going to pose a significant threat.

• Locked thread