Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
is triangle wizard, like rogue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Does Risk of Rain count?

Ah Map
Oct 9, 2012
On the one hand Triangle Wizard is not turn based, but on the other hand it looks lovely, so who can tell?I like it anyway.

Dec 26, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

Does Risk of Rain count?

no

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Elona is the worst grind outside of Korean MMOs and I love it to death.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Does Sword of the Stars: The Pit count?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I beat crawl once

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

No thanks OP.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Thug Lessons posted:

Too hardcore for you? Makes sense.

Roguelikes are fairly boring in the early game but you still have to pay attention in case you run into something nasty which is why I don't like Crawl at least.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i used to like roguelikes but now i have a job and personal projects and can not take time to memorize 30 key commands to make a @ talk to a #

Dec 26, 2012

BKPR posted:

i used to like roguelikes but now i have a job and personal projects and can not take time to memorize 30 key commands to make a @ talk to a #

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Wafflz posted:

Does Sword of the Stars: The Pit count?

it does, but, it's insanely bad.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

im playing ftl right now

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Jackie D posted:

im playing ftl right now

Wait does that count as a roguelike?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

Wait does that count as a roguelike?

Hell, why not.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
thanks op youve inspired me to go back to dungeons of dredmore

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

El Wombato posted:

thanks op youve inspired me to go back to dungeons of dredmore

Please don't, for your own sake.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
what if im a total whore for graphics and dont give a poo poo that there isnt even a rest button?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Please vote for my ms paint graphical rogue like on steam green light

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Jackie D posted:

im playing ftl right now

Roguelikes FTW!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

that guy looks like varg

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I got a few of my irl friends to play doomrl and crawls op

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was playing ToME4 and I wandered into a tomb and there was this ultra vampire that wasted me and I was all "Oh man that sucks"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

Roguelikes FTW!

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Ragg posted:

Roguelikes FTW!

:agreed:

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Thug Lessons what do you think of that Dungeonmans game

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Ragg posted:

Roguelikes are fairly boring in the early game but you still have to pay attention in case you run into something nasty which is why I don't like Crawl at least.

The early game is the best part, it just gets boring if you're new because you have to do it over and over again since you die all the time.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Dexters Secret posted:

Thug Lessons what do you think of that Dungeonmans game

Never played it, I think you have to pay for it.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

I beat crawl once

Goongrats.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

what about caves of qud

does that count?

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Is Thief a roguelike?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Aston posted:

Is Thief a roguelike?

No, but ThiefRL is.

e: wtf this actually exists

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

is blusher a rougelike?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
http://www.roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Category:Erotic_roguelikes

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i used to play other roguelikes but now i just play crawl

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Seduction Quest is a hentai roguelike adventure game and one of the first of its kind. The game uses the robust LÖVE2D game making framework for it's engine. The game is still in early development but plans to feature many locations, NPCs, and a randomly generated world history very much like Dwarf Fortress.

Main Concept

Seduction Quest is set in a fantasy world with monsters driven with an urge for lust, debauchery, and carnal desire for sex. The outline of the game is to revolve around this, and create a history and culture around it. The game itself will be an open world experience for the player to explore and come across many interesting things. There will be sex dungeons, castles, caves, brothels, taverns, towns, portals to other realms, and many more locations included.

NPCs & Monsters

The monsters in Seduction Quest are not the typical ones you find in most games. During the player's adventure he will encounter types of monster such as: Succubus, Female Vampires, Slime Girls, Sirens, Female Demons, Erotic Shapeshifters, Lamias, Valkyies, Mermaids, and well... you get the idea. If the main character is female, then reverse the genders of the monsters. (or not) Every NPC in the game will have a possibility for a sex encounter to occur, which can result in good or bad consequences, depending on the situation.

Not JUST a Sex Game

The harsh reality of sex games is that they usually serve one purpose. And once that purpose is fulfilled there is no other content to keep the player entertained. Seduction Quest aims to be different in this regard. One of the main goals is to have enough playability that even people who aren't interested in the sexual aspects, or who have temporarily lost interest, can play and enjoy the game as they wish. The game is designed with sex as a core element, but retaining enough other elements and content that serves general entertainment purpose.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Thug Lessons posted:

The early game is the best part, it just gets boring if you're new because you have to do it over and over again since you die all the time.

Yeah exactly

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Thug Lessons posted:

idk, when i got started with crawl i had fun yoloing a couple dozen characters a day until i finally took the time to learn how to play properly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeEscape
Apr 23, 2008
I picked up Dungeonmans on Steam. It's a pretty fun Roguelike that doesn't require too much to get into and play. I recommend it for anyone who wants to play a roguelike but not needing to invest millions of hours to get good at it.

• Locked thread