Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

quote:

Five Doctor – Spare Parts sees the unofficial origin of the Cybermen, while The Eye of the Scorpion introduces Erimem, an Egyptian Princess.

I read this as Eminem and got really excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Jerusalem posted:

Now I have the vision in my head of Davros reading The Princess Bride to the Daleks. :allears:

"NO KISSING STUFF!"

ARE. YOU. TRYING. TO. TRICK. ME.

WHERE. IS. THE. SPORTS.

IS. THIS. A. KISS-ING. BOOK.

CobiWann posted:

So this is what my friend got me for Christmas...

I don't know how I feel about this.

You could have had it all, Warriors of the Deep

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I've always thought Beast Below is an 8 or 9 out of 10. It seems to me that people underrate, maybe because it came right after The Eleventh Hour, which is gonna be hard to follow in any case.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Jerusalem posted:

In un-chronological related matters, is there ANYBODY who actually liked Kill the Moon? Outside of all the stuff that happens between Clara and the Doctor after the main storyline is resolved?

Kill the Moon is awesome because it made a ton of fans complain that Doctor Who wasn't being realistic.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Bicyclops posted:

It is very okay to feel this way in your early 20s in my opinion.

I'm either absurdly incompetent at life OR no one ever really feels like an adult. You just feel like a child doing adult things and hoping it all goes right.

I still can't believe someone trusts me to pay several hundred dollars of rent on time.

i have not ruled out being absurdly incompetent

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Sheeeeeit, I'm rewatching S5 a little ahead of Occ and I forgot how good Vampires of Venice is.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

death .cab for qt posted:

I don't really remember all that much about the next few episodes but Rory is pretty cool. Nice to see The Doctor break his own rules and take "family members" along with him for once

OH HO HO.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Read Homestuck, enjoy it, give up as soon as you're tired of it.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Bicyclops posted:

It's a coincidence that everyone was just talking about Valhalla because I just finished it last week. I agree that it wasn't particularly good. It felt a bit drawn out. I think Frozen Time is the better of the two "Sylvester McCoy without a companion, purely because he asked Nick Briggs for it while Nick was interviewing him that one time" stories. Not that it's fantastic, but Valhalla is either boring or unpleasant, depending on which part of it you're hearing.

I briefly thought this was the Trek thread and was about to fight you.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Bicyclops posted:

Toxx has seen the 1996 movie.

It'll be fine. Once Rory gets sucked into the cracks, he'll think we were just having him on.

Oh man it's gonna be amazing when Rory the Centurion shows up in The Pandorica Opens. :allears:

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

DoctorWhat posted:

So, um

remember that pipe-dream New Doctor Who Wiki?

I, um, may have bought the domain "dwwiki.net" today. I may be soliciting article-writers to deliver written-from-scratch synopses for every TV story and mini-sode since 2005. I may actually be starting this ridiculous thing and looking for help in getting it off the ground.

I may be posting some more detailed plans and cries for aid this time next week.

Let's be fair, all of your posts are cries for help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

quote:

They're, ostensibly, two different characters played in the exact same, hammy way by an actress who wasn't even able to make Alaya compelling, so a double billing of McIntosh does not work in the slightest. It's bad enough to have a bad actress play two different lizard people

Ha. Haha. Hahahahha. Hahhahahahahhahahah. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

• Locked thread