Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Feels weird being more active on SA and thus being in the first page of a new thread. Ah well, excited for Christmas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Burkion posted:

One point I will carry over from the last thread- DoctorWhat, while Time Force did carry a lot of elements from TimeRanger, the most important aspect of the show that defined it as TRYING to be more of a genre series was an entirely American creation and idea.

Ransik. Ransik was the much needed human face on the central conflict that made up the core of Time Force, and has no REAL equal in the Sentai version. The fact that they got Bennet from loving Commando to play him is only icing on the cake.

THUS IS THE RANGER CHAT NERDERY.

Generally, I think American villains help the series better, given how popular RPM, Dino Thunder, etc are. Lifting villains directly from the Sentai makes them more lazy, as seen with the Neo Saban seasons. Dino Charge having a American villain bodes well.

Why isn't the PR thread more active? :saddowns:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I'm kind of new to the Secret Santa thing, as well as this thread in general, but I like console and handheld games involving 3D platforming, adventure, and collectathons, candy and food, and books. Pretty simple all around, but I hope someone's nice enough to get me something.

Examples of what I want are along the lines of, but are not

Banjo Tooie

Fantasy Life

Okami

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

I'm really interested in urban fantasy novels and sci fi novels that are more "soft" in genre, but I've never had a Doctor Who book before. I have only the first book of the Dresden Files, but most of Discworld up to Wintersmith.

Good luck, Secret Santa! :)

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

MrL_JaKiri posted:

It's supposed to be Doctor Who related :mad:

Whoops. Sorry. :ohdear: I've never listened to any audio, or any book, so I have no real reference. Please don't send me DVD's though, I'm not the best when it comes to attention span, as this evidences.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

From Toxx's Planet of The Dead review:

The poor bastard has no idea what's coming. :smith:

Oh god, that didn't even occur to me.

This will be an amazing ride :getin:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Burkion posted:

Oh my GOD I didn't even spy that.

Oh God why did River have to turn into....what she became...

Because Moffat had to make her IMPORTANT and IMPOSSIBLE, and that meant overloading people with her beyond a mere two episodes where she's shown as fallible and more down to Earth.

But that's just my guess.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ewe2 posted:

IDK about anyone else but I didn't need reminding of Ghostbusters II.

But Ghostbusters II is great, ESPECIALLY the Higher and Higher scene :colbert:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I've only cried at one ficiton thing, the ending to Toy Story 3.

But Eleven's regeneration comes close. :unsmith:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I'd like to take this oppertunity to apologize to my Secret Santee that I haven't ordered your gift yet due to being swamped with finals. Sorry!

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

The Doctor, I found what to give my Santee but I need his number for Amazon purposes. Please respond.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Yep, they've just replied and I passed it onto you.

Perfect, thanks.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I'm just waiting in this thread anxious for my Santee to get his gift, or me to get my gift. :ohdear:

Unless he already got it and didn't post it yet.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I love how quickly everyone shifted from "Ew, a female Master" to "Wow, this is the best Master we've had in years!"

Note: the disgust was more from other more knee jerk forums. I was more worried Moffat would make her extra feminine to compensate.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I just picked out Festival of Death because I figured a book would be solid, and some archaic list had it, and you can't go wrong with Four :downs:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I don't know if I can post images, but my Santa was nice enough to combine my two favorite things, books and sweets! I've never had Berger cookies, and it's been ages since I read a CYOA book specially the Fourth Doctor adventure Doctor Who and the Vortex Crystal, but now I have something to occupy myself for Christmas Eve :toot:

Solaris Knight fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 22, 2014

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Thank you for the Celebration book, Maera. I didn't realize there was a part 2 to my gift, so I was very surprised when a big oblong package appeared.

I feel like a super cheapskate only buying Bobkatt one thing. :stonk:

Ahahhaah, wow this this only goes through five Doctors, this will be the most ironic piece of literature I have ever seen.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

One Swell Foop posted:

I'll come back in when I've had a chance to watch the episode but just wanted to say BSam: thanks for the wife-scarer! There's nothing like quietly moving a standee into the doorway of a room that someone's just entered.

And the book looks pretty awesome too!

How did two separate Santas both think about Festival of Death?

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

In less being hazed news, everyone's favorite creepy alien sex simulator is coming back!

http://metro.co.uk/2015/01/13/torchwood-is-returning-as-a-series-of-radio-plays-says-star-john-barrowman-5020919/

Basically at a Arrow conference, John Barrowman said Torchwood. radio plays with the help of Rusty and Julie Gardner are A Thing that will happen soon.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

So, um

remember that pipe-dream New Doctor Who Wiki?

I, um, may have bought the domain "dwwiki.net" today. I may be soliciting article-writers to deliver written-from-scratch synopses for every TV story and mini-sode since 2005. I may actually be starting this ridiculous thing and looking for help in getting it off the ground.

I may be posting some more detailed plans and cries for aid this time next week.

Godspeed, you rainbow coated dreamer. :britain:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Cruel Rose posted:

"September 2015 sees the release of a very special story from Big Finish, as Doctor Who - The Sixth Doctor: The Last Adventure at last provides a heroic exit for Colin Baker’s much-loved Time Lord..."

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/coming-in-september-doctor-who---the-sixth-doctor-the-last-adventure

:aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

I bet DoctorWhat's super loving pleased with himself.

This seems like the most definitive Big Finish has been, aside from Dark Eyes bleeding into Night of the Doctor. And it has the Valeyard! :D

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

So in the past few weeks, we've had a final adventure for Six and a Kate led UNIT story explicitly during the Revival.

Anything else I'm missing? Or does DoctorWhat get a final wish on his magic lamp?

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I really hope they don't explain it and just have her smug around for at least two more episodes.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

SpaceCommie's avatar just makes me wonder if Tim Curry has ever been in Doctor Who, and if not, why?

Hell, just cast him as the War Master!

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I'm sitll super jazzed to see Gomez there with the other Masters. She's earned that spot :3:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I thought I couldn't love Tom more, but he has kitties :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

As someone who's not going to listen to Dark Eyes anytime soon, can someone recap or synopsis 3 and 4?

• Locked thread