Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU

Rat Flavoured Rats posted:

All this talk of 'Dark Eyes' has got me interested. I heard the first series of 8th Doctor Adventures with Lucie Miller when Radio 4 broadcast them a few years back but haven't kept up since then. Would I be OK to hop in again starting with Dark Eyes I or should I fill in the gap?

You'd be okay hopping in, though it will spoil some stuff from the last Eight/Lucie season. I'd recommend finishing the rest of the Lucie stories if possible, since there's a lot of good stuff in there and the last season in particular is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
Happy birthday Dr Hooey!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxcMCr_lA7M

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN

Forktoss posted:

Is everyone's first BFA some random inconsequential release from the mid-2000s? Mine was The Gathering, and I can't even remember why I picked that (or how I ever proceeded to my second audio after that awful piece of Lidster). Probably because it was one of the few main range ones you could get for a fiver back then.

My first was Blood of the Daleks! :haw: I think it was a pretty good starting point.

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
Charley in Legacy is awesome news! I guess this is what's gonna make me finally download the game.

DoctorWhat posted:

Nick Briggs... on Twitch? That is... strange. Decidedly strange.

But if it means we get a series of "The Tenth Planet Cybermen Let's Plays", then I'm all for it.

"WE MUZZZT SURVIVE, BUT NOTE THAT I WILL NOT BE USING SAVE STATEZZ"

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN

Forktoss posted:

You can now get the new Sixth Doctor & Peri audio Masters of Earth on discount for £10 on download with the discount code "DALEKS", thanks to the official Doctor Who Christmas calendar thing. Anyone heard it, is it worth a tenner?

It's pretty decent. The premise is neat, and each episode manages to keep things fresh. Not one of my favourites but still, it's Six and Peri! Definitely worth a tenner.

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
So I listened to The Rani Elite last night (it's the last story in the new Six/Peri trilogy) and it was really drat good. Siobhan Redmond did a great job of selling the Rani as an actual threat. She's a lot more quiet and stern than the Master, still the mad scientist but now you actually see why the Doctor fears her; her ultimate plan is legitimately quite frightening! Of course it's also set in the Rani's future so she does get to make a few snide remarks about having met Seven and knocked off Six. And then there's a genius little chekhov's gun in the plot that totally caught me off-guard. The first two in the trilogy had a few problems, but this one is just great and the Rani is finally a villain worth fearing. Give it a shot.

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN

Bicyclops posted:

I just figure he broke it fiddling with it and hasn't bothered to get around to fixing it yet.

Don't worry, I'm sure the 16th Doctor will remember to fix it.

And then promptly forget again.

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
I'd watch Flatline but with awkward boring chameleon people.

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
Only reason I want Gallifrey back is the possibility of Narvin and co. on TV.

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
"September 2015 sees the release of a very special story from Big Finish, as Doctor Who - The Sixth Doctor: The Last Adventure at last provides a heroic exit for Colin Baker’s much-loved Time Lord..."

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/coming-in-september-doctor-who---the-sixth-doctor-the-last-adventure

:aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN

DoctorWhat posted:

well holy poo poo:

I just saw this and I pretty much unintentionally did the "WHAT? WHAT?? WHAT???" routine.

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN

CobiWann posted:

Someone reloaded his HIGNFY appearance onto YouTube. It's great, especially this scene.

http://youtu.be/Wxsw03U3eCw

"I tried that once, I think it was in The Sontaran Experiment..."
"Did it work?"
"loving disaster."

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
Late on the Brooker/Screenwipe talk from a few pages back, but I really love their bit about Broadchurch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1MyfcQ2KmE

"Sorta like Torchwood, but for adults!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN

Davros1 posted:

Guerrier writes some of the best Companion Chronicles for BF. Hell, Peter Purves name checked him in a interview in DWM saying how he really well he writes for Steven.

I really like his writing style. There's a lot of pessimism in his stories, but on a level you can understand and care about, unlike say, Lidster's poo poo. His portrayal of Steven is great 'cause we get a good look into how losing several friends in the space of a few adventures (and being imprisoned by the Mechanoids!) really damaged his self-esteem, and he's very understandably ready to just give up more than once.

• Locked thread