Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
titties

it ate your post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Powershift posted:

I would imagine the next one will be one last big blowout before they start pushing people to rockstar's other game.

Yeah, that's right, rockstar is making a second game. 2 in a decade, fuckin crazy.

Is this the cowboy game or is there something else?

I can't wait to spend real earth dollars on flying missile-equipped horses.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Joined a guy for Fleeca Bank Scope-Out. He’s currently struggling to drive off-road over hills in a sedan because he thinks a straight line is faster.

Edit: Oh my partner is literally 8 years old. That explains it.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jan 28, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

He now thinks the rainbow lights on the side of the parking garage is an Easter egg.

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Powershift posted:

I would imagine the next one will be one last big blowout before they start pushing people to rockstar's other game.

Yeah, that's right, rockstar is making a second game. 2 in a decade, fuckin crazy.

I mean, it was (is?) a Steam top seller for years, and frequently sold so hard on sales that Steam runs out of keys. Why would they waste money making another game until they we're sure that vein was drying up?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

New Butt Order posted:

I mean, it was (is?) a Steam top seller for years, and frequently sold so hard on sales that Steam runs out of keys. Why would they waste money making another game until they we're sure that vein was drying up?

And they still haven't ported it to the switch or vive!

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

New Butt Order posted:

Why would they waste money making another game until they we're sure that vein was drying up?

Man I better not have shot 50 cops in the face with that gold revolver for nothing! BTW if you drive up to the car of cops that are shooting you and running around avoiding your shots, they will both get back in the front seat and sit there patiently waiting for their headshot.

Another big discovery for me: when you open the contacts, don't move up or down to get to Lester or Mors Mutual - twice left on the D-Pad (or whatever it is on Xbox/PC) brings up Lester and once puts you within one move of your mechanic and insurance. Now if they would just put lose wanted level on the first option so I don't put a bounty on some poor shmoe clicking X too fast.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

chitoryu12 posted:

Edit: Oh my partner is literally 8 years old. That explains it.

Explains everything about GTA Online.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I let my 9yo paint cars and pick out haircuts and clothes and poo poo like that, and she can handle driving around a little bit. Always wants me to rob stores, so maybe Ill teach her that next

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Domestic Amuse posted:

Explains everything about GTA Online.

I stuck with him long enough to steal the Armored Kuruma. It took 3 tries because he kept using the "bazooka" to kill the Koreans and blowing up the car we needed. On our final run he kept running back to get his car and drive in even though we were across the street from the parking garage and he kept crashing repeatedly trying to drive through the parking garage, so I was able to run up the stairs and kill everyone myself just in time for him to reach the top floor and jump in.

Then I got to feel really cool drifting around the pillars and revving the engine and I need to get around to buying the car for myself.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Araganzar posted:

Another big discovery for me: when you open the contacts, don't move up or down to get to Lester or Mors Mutual - twice left on the D-Pad (or whatever it is on Xbox/PC) brings up Lester and once puts you within one move of your mechanic and insurance.

Works for me, thanks!

So we have the pfuster neone' today. It's electric, it's in sports. It's 1.5mil. It goes fast quickly, so is probably good for the same thing as the cyclone: contact races with catchup and slipstream on. I hate catchup and slipstream, but a friend pointed out that the cyclone is the poo poo if you race like that.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Araganzar posted:

Man I better not have shot 50 cops in the face with that gold revolver for nothing! BTW if you drive up to the car of cops that are shooting you and running around avoiding your shots, they will both get back in the front seat and sit there patiently waiting for their headshot.

Another big discovery for me: when you open the contacts, don't move up or down to get to Lester or Mors Mutual - twice left on the D-Pad (or whatever it is on Xbox/PC) brings up Lester and once puts you within one move of your mechanic and insurance. Now if they would just put lose wanted level on the first option so I don't put a bounty on some poor shmoe clicking X too fast.

I just finished that challenge, but I used the tree wall glitch exploit to do it.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Rad-daddio posted:

I just finished that challenge, but I used the tree wall glitch exploit to do it.

I blocked the highway with my MOC, right outside the Chumash bunker. Climbed up on top to let a bunch of cars get built up, then I'd blast em on both sides of traffic. When the traffic clears you can just jump into the bunker and back out to reset the traffic

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

I blocked the highway with my MOC, right outside the Chumash bunker. Climbed up on top to let a bunch of cars get built up, then I'd blast em on both sides of traffic. When the traffic clears you can just jump into the bunker and back out to reset the traffic

Ah, nice. Is there any credit benefit to owning an MOC? I'm kind of new to gta online, and my son got bored of Warframe and power leveled my online character account a few summers ago.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

https://twitter.com/TezFunz2/status/956378370178240513

Looks like the next 3 weeks are all good cars at least. Can't wait for the Kamacho and 190Z :allears:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I took maybe a week total to get the 50 headshots with the revolver? I just kept using it on missions where I could afford to and occasionally headshotting passing civilians. No need to stress over getting $250,000 right goddamn now.

What's the best option for an assault rifle? It feels like the Bullpup Rifle is a little on the weak side but I can't tell if that's to balance it being available at all levels or if the game is just that bullet spongey. Also is that stockless AK that you can do drive-bys with any good?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

I took maybe a week total to get the 50 headshots with the revolver? I just kept using it on missions where I could afford to and occasionally headshotting passing civilians. No need to stress over getting $250,000 right goddamn now.

What's the best option for an assault rifle? It feels like the Bullpup Rifle is a little on the weak side but I can't tell if that's to balance it being available at all levels or if the game is just that bullet spongey. Also is that stockless AK that you can do drive-bys with any good?

mkII carbine with the heavy barrel.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Rad-daddio posted:

Ah, nice. Is there any credit benefit to owning an MOC? I'm kind of new to gta online, and my son got bored of Warframe and power leveled my online character account a few summers ago.

First off, you need a Bunker property before you can even buy a MOC truck
The MOC gets stored in your bunker location. You can either go there get in and drive out, or summon it to near where you are through the Menu
I think the ideal configuration when you buy it is to go with the Command Center and Vehicle/Weapon Workshop - they might be named a little different. You could also buy a sleeping quarters if you want to sleep in your truck like a hobo, or a vehicle storage bay, so that you can leave a vehicle stored in there. Both of those options seem pretty lame

1. special vehicle missions, as far as I know, these can only be launched from the MOC. These are the jobs to unlock trade prices on the vehicles that came out with bunkers (oppressor and such).
2. If you do any weapon research and unlock the new liverys and weapons for vehicles, then you *need* a MOC or Avenger in order to buy these upgrade. Weaponized vehicles cannot be modified at LS Customs/bennys/office garages/etc
Without a MOC or avenger, you can still buy those vehicles, but you have no way to modify them from stock, and they'll cost full price

3. When doing research unlocks, youll also unlock new ammo types, scopes, poo poo like that... Inside your MOC or avenger is where you find the work bench needed to first upgrade your guns to MK II, and then to modify them with the new scopes, ammo, etc
Without a MOC or avenger, youll have no way to upgrade weapons beyond what Ammunation offers

For actual gameplay benefits, there's a couple of the VIP modes where you need to drive a rig and trailer. This is a much better truck then what you find on the road
Plus its fun to drive around and wreck poo poo in this

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm honestly finding it more fun to work slowly through each update's content and build up to the Doomsday Heist and owning a facility instead of just buying Shark Cards and skipping straight to powergaming.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The MOC rig is a beast itself. It's nearly bulletproof, fast as hell, and takes 20 rockets to blow up. It's probably one of the best ways to kill idiots with an oppressor because they can't kill it with a single load of rockets, and at some point they have to hit the ground, at that point you own them.

It's also hilarious to park the trailer across the return marker for the cheap i/e warehouse or use it to lock people in things.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/rockstar-games-bundle

Humble Bundle is doing a R* sale - basically for a few bucks you can get GTA 3/4/sa/vc/liberty, max paynes, manhunt, la noires, and bully. RIght now the top tier is $15 for all of it. It's like a drat time machine

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
jesus that's a loving amazing value

e: so if a friend of mine wanted to start selling mod money, how would this friend of mine go about it? what's the least sketchy way for my friend to do this?

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jan 31, 2018

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

jesus that's a loving amazing value

e: so if a friend of mine wanted to start selling mod money, how would this friend of mine go about it? what's the least sketchy way for my friend to do this?

Mall kiosk, no question. Hackerbux and iPhone cases, together at last!

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

The MOC gets stored in your bunker location. You can either go there get in and drive out, or summon it to near where you are through the Menu
I think the ideal configuration when you buy it is to go with the Command Center and Vehicle/Weapon Workshop - they might be named a little different. You could also buy a sleeping quarters if you want to sleep in your truck like a hobo, or a vehicle storage bay, so that you can leave a vehicle stored in there. Both of those options seem pretty lame

The important part of the Personal Storage Bay is Return to Storage, which replenishes limited ammo including missiles. It's a nice place to keep your oppressor/vigilante to keep them topped off as well as available when your mechanic is on break.

With a new electric car on the block, I wanted to share my love of the Coil Voltic for just having a little chill time out in the country.

This really is a gorgeous game, makes me hopeful for the new red dead.

I had a couple nice experiences just flipping around the radio, I tried to do my best to recreate the experience with the audio here:
Leave me Now
Hercules

If life in the big city is getting you down, you should spend a little time in the coil. Relax, you're a millionaire with garages full of great cars, take a moment to stop and smell the roses. You might find a little waterfall you never knew was there. You might even forget you're in a car... until your drat assistant calls.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

chitoryu12 posted:

You guys were headshotting NPCs with that revolver? Me and my buddies just decided gently caress it and had a 10 minute open world deathmatch where we kept shooting each other until we all had that complete. Was fun, it's a good revolver.

For all guns just swap your targeting to simple and put the dot over the head. You'll want to be doing that when you start Doomsday because everything has ultra armor and superweapons but almost everything dies to one headshot. On complex aim I found the best thing was the loving UZI of all things but with simple aim anything is about that good.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Just go to the end of the pier in free roam where cops never go that far and blast people it takes hardly any time at all

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Shima Honnou posted:

For all guns just swap your targeting to simple and put the dot over the head. You'll want to be doing that when you start Doomsday because everything has ultra armor and superweapons but almost everything dies to one headshot. On complex aim I found the best thing was the loving UZI of all things but with simple aim anything is about that good.

Who has time to aim? I just use the special carbine, let it auto-aim, then flick the joystick slightly up as I fire. The burst tracks right through their head if they aren't moving sideways relative to you. The only issue is juggernaughts and tear gas pretty much neuters them.

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Ughh.

So, after hours and hours of crate grinding (I watch Netflix at the same time) I finally get a rare crate offer. This is it - the sixth one, for me it's the big diamond. I have the other five all lined up beautifully in a small warehouse. Session sweep. Retrieve crate. Done. While basking in the beauty of my trophy room, my game crashes. Freezes. I can't even task-out. Hard reboot. Return to game, return to warehouse. The final crate is now a common crate. and a crate on the top row has been replaced with a duplicate golden minigun. No diamond.

Very dejected me plays a doomsday heist prep/setup with friends.

Return to the warehouse, and now a second crate on the top row is the diamond, but i can't look at it up there. So I have an oddity - 7 rare crates in the warehouse, which I think isn't supposed to happen, but the display of my trophies is ruined.

I'll let it sit for a night in case the system wants to sort it out, but I suspect that won't happen and I'll sell them off and start over.

I'm royally miffed.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Boooooooo

lol though I'm sitting on 5 and grinding for #6. Let me find it and then we can have a sell party some night!
I had 4 across the bottom and then sold the regular crates out to make room, was when I found out they all condense. Like the worst slot machine ever

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

Phweengee posted:

Ughh.

So, after hours and hours of crate grinding (I watch Netflix at the same time) I finally get a rare crate offer. This is it - the sixth one, for me it's the big diamond. I have the other five all lined up beautifully in a small warehouse. Session sweep. Retrieve crate. Done. While basking in the beauty of my trophy room, my game crashes. Freezes. I can't even task-out. Hard reboot. Return to game, return to warehouse. The final crate is now a common crate. and a crate on the top row has been replaced with a duplicate golden minigun. No diamond.

Return to the warehouse, and now a second crate on the top row is the diamond, but i can't look at it up there. So I have an oddity - 7 rare crates in the warehouse, which I think isn't supposed to happen, but the display of my trophies is ruined.

I'll let it sit for a night in case the system wants to sort it out, but I suspect that won't happen and I'll sell them off and start over.

I'm royally miffed.

shut up sperg

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Phweengee posted:

Ughh.

I'm royally miffed.

That sucks. Digital collecting is a thing, and Sister Fister is a known jerk don't worry.

He's not even funny like zig and mendelez

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I love me some digital collecting, I'll happily spend hours fiddling with car paintjobs and obsessing over how to arrange them in garages (can't have too much of any one color in one garage, etc) for nobody to ever see.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Eyud posted:

I love me some digital collecting, I'll happily spend hours fiddling with car paintjobs and obsessing over how to arrange them in garages (can't have too much of any one color in one garage, etc) for nobody to ever see.

I arranged all my high-$$$ cars in the facility so I look like a baller when the pubbies ride my elevator up

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I tried doing a heist setup. Managed to get 6 people all showing up and leaving after a few minutes because nobody else came. If they just had patience, we'd have had a nice time.

Any groups of 3 for PC want to help finish off Prison Break?

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

Hugh Malone posted:

That sucks. Digital collecting is a thing, and Sister Fister is a known jerk don't worry.

He's not even funny like zig and mendelez

i am still not going to let you suck my dick. stop pming me

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

SisterFister posted:

i am still not going to let you suck my dick. stop pming me

Can you suck my dick if I pm you? Its been so long...

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Rad-daddio posted:

Can you suck my dick if I pm you? Its been so long...

As his agent, I can confirm he does have an availability on the February 29th. I’ll pencil you in and send the necessary waivers ASAP.

Malakai—even though Sister Fister spurred your advances.. you can gargle my hog anytime. Mainly because it’ll keep you from talking.

On topic: I forget who mentioned it a couple pages back about the Stromberg being a viable counter to oppressors/Deluxo’s, but if you legitimately have been killing people with it then you’re playing with morons. If you know what you’re doing, the Deluxo wipes everything out simply because it can fire in any direction and change direction nearly instantly. It is truly a marvel.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Malakai—even though Sister Fister spurred your advances.. you can gargle my hog anytime. Mainly because it’ll keep you from talking.

I can talk just fine w/ a toothpick in my mouth so I don't see a problem :*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

HELP I'M STUCK IN THE CLOUD

• Locked thread