Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
So I just started with Xamarin, are there any must see tutorials or must have tools?

I've already looked at MVVM cross ( thanks thread ) and it looks pretty good for WPF like application building.

Anything else that might be interesting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012

Bognar posted:

If you're doing MvvmCross, look at the N+1 set of tutorials. They're a good introduction not only to MvvmCross, but also to basic Xamarin applications.

http://mvvmcross.blogspot.com/
OR https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLR6WI6W1JdeYSXLbm58jwAKYT7RQR31-W

(What the gently caress SA, why is it so hard to paste in a playlist link?)

Well MVVM Cross looks like a good set of libraries to get an application going and the tutorials are wonderful. The guy himself does a good job of explaining everything. Thanks.

I've also read about Xamarin forms and I am wondering what the recommended architecture for apps across the various ecosystems are (MVVM, MVC, do as you please etc etc.).

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
Cool, I was hoping people would have good experiences with the tool.

I've been looking into MVVM Cross and MVVM Light and it looks like Light has nice features like Observable Collection adapters and navigation services while MVVM Cross has awesome tutorials.

So it feels like Cross is more barebones compared to light, is this about right?

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
I'll take another look, maybe it was an older post on Stackoverflow.

Mr Shiny Pants fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 19, 2015

• Locked thread