Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

pc engine was really ahead of its time but why is the cord so short :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I did some research, and the Xbox is large.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's big, statistically speaking.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Understand that when we say the Xbox is big, we are speaking relatively to other consoles. For instance one might consider a baby to be small, but a baby is in fact, larger than an Xbox, at least lengthwise. We consider a grill to be a pretty large object - but the xbox is not bigger than a grill. That said, the Xbox will take a considerable amount of space within your home entertainment center and also has a large power adapter that needs to be housed as well. According to Wikipedia the Xbox measures out to 320 × 100 × 260 mm (12.5 × 4 × 10.5 in). That's a considerable amount of space that you might not want to have to dedicate to just one device! So yes, it really is quite large! Lmao.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Dexters Secret posted:

pc engine was really ahead of its time but why is the cord so short :confused:

japanese homes are very tiny

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

It's true. The xbox was considered really big in 2001 when it came out. People from that year's eyes werent used to seeing things that were so big. Myself included. But now my brain's adapted and it looks normal to me after having looked at it for so long in amazement. Cool how the mind works.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i left an xbox out in the rain for several days and the grill inside was rusted away and i poured it out and left it alone for a day or two and plugged it in and it still worked

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ive got a famicom and the controller, which cannot be unplugged from the system, seriously has like a 3 foot cord

the tv cords are really long tho, they wanted you to game with the system in front of you for quick resetting or game switching, very smart in the pre digital era

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

zen death robot posted:

That's a cool design decision there

remember the 2600 had all those switches on the front, and the master systems start button was on the console itself, it was just a thing that was ok then

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

elf help book posted:

ive got a famicom and the controller, which cannot be unplugged from the system, seriously has like a 3 foot cord

the tv cords are really long tho, they wanted you to game with the system in front of you for quick resetting or game switching, very smart in the pre digital era

old pong machines were generally like that as well

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

but seriously, the xbox is freajung huge

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BIG

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Just checked and its not much bigger than the vcr I have hooked up right now.

It is nearly twice the size by volume as a NES though do I guess that's kinda big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

• Locked thread