Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Cool ironic Source magazines. That's not racist at all. Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

evilskillit posted:

Had a lot of fun hanging out on Saturday. Buppy is the best dog ever. Then that jerk Rich gave me a Final Fantasy 13 poster, ruined the rest of my day and I now hate him.

The movies were so bad I actually died a little, which is exactly the sort of experience I was hoping for.

Lets see if this gets me in trouble. "potato"

So here's some pictures I snapped around the place. I edited peoples faces out, if your face is in a picture and you want me to upload the non-edited version let me know I guess. Also sorry some of the pictures look terrible and have this weird purple haze on them. My phone is a busted piece of poo poo and does that if the light is even remotely low.
http://imgur.com/a/pjUbh

Hey, you're wrong here. That's Vaan, popular character from hit game Final Fantasy 12, not anyone from 13. FF13 had a totally different cast of characters.

Wait, trap sprung, poo poo

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

mr.capps posted:

Lowtax probably thinks I am bad at video games now.

At least you were brave enough to attempt.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Lowtax, if you need help cleaning the place out, loading up poo poo, etc. I would be happy to assist.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

PureEvil6_13 posted:

Lowtax, if you need help cleaning the place out, loading up poo poo, etc. I would be happy to assist.

You're trying to get him to rob the lawyers, aren't you?

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I bet they have an oak gavel.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Looking back at it -- the Something Awful offices remind me of when I visited a house being lived in by several Newgrounds people a year back. Same sort of atmosphere, same sort of decor -- really bad movie posters and merchandise ironically put on display everywhere, random art on all the walls, a lot of really bad movies kept around for everyone to sit around and laugh at, etc. The difference is that the Something Awful offices didn't have erotic ponies and penises drawn all over everything and various other horrifying poo poo, and the Something Awful offices also had more booze.

Today I was one of a bunch of goons who hung out with Lowtax, played video games, watched incredibly lovely movies, ate good barbecue, and drank a lot of beer. It was great.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

Dead Precedents posted:

You're trying to get him to rob the lawyers, aren't you?

I am willing to rob some lawyers.

evilskillit
Jan 7, 2014

METAL TOADS

HJE-Cobra posted:

Hey, you're wrong here. That's Vaan, popular character from hit game Final Fantasy 12, not anyone from 13. FF13 had a totally different cast of characters.

Wait, trap sprung, poo poo

Oh so it is. Turns out I can't count. FF 12 is the only recent FF I don't hate. I hated Vaan tho so it's still awful.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

holy crap when did Henry Rollins get so skinny?

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan
gently caress, I wish I knew this was going on sooner, and also didn't live 1100 miles away.

But wait, then I would live in the midwest...nevermind.

It would have been nice to visit the headquarters one day, but I guess this is what happens to a dream deferred. Goodnight, sweet prince.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
lol @ hunchback ricardo.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

mame cabinet hidden in the darkness, nice

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
thanks for search lowatax if I wasn't a million miles away I'd help you move but you'd have to give me the bog slug poster

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

jivjov posted:

Look at the majesty of the toilet. Not shown: the final issue of Nintendo Power as reading material, a massive pile of empty toilet paper rolls left by the dude lowtax fired.

The gender fluids must have been leaking.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

it's like a unglamorous version of a bay area startup office

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Someone make the office as a source map or something for terrible gmod videos and porting into cry of fear.

Also Lowtax you have a lot of Mega Man stuff at the office, why not do a LP of that sometime for your own enjoyment? I'd be down with Lowtax commentary tracks for good games too.

evilskillit posted:

Had a lot of fun hanging out on Saturday. Buppy is the best dog ever. Then that jerk Rich gave me a Final Fantasy 13 poster, ruined the rest of my day and I now hate him.

The movies were so bad I actually died a little, which is exactly the sort of experience I was hoping for.

Lets see if this gets me in trouble. "potato"

So here's some pictures I snapped around the place. I edited peoples faces out, if your face is in a picture and you want me to upload the non-edited version let me know I guess. Also sorry some of the pictures look terrible and have this weird purple haze on them. My phone is a busted piece of poo poo and does that if the light is even remotely low.
http://imgur.com/a/pjUbh

Hell yes EDF discs you know what I like!

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
should hook up with the ramble with rae person to get some gooder lps going. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVMEjDL2fbI

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

exspurt analcyst posted:

Whatever happened to the box of dildos?

We've been over this, Lowtax fired him. :fry:

evilskillit
Jan 7, 2014

METAL TOADS

Light Gun Man posted:

Hell yes EDF discs you know what I like!

That's what I thought "Ohhh, EDF, gently caress yeah. Also Final Fantasy 13, LOL!" So I took a picture of the best and the worst of the Awfuloffice gaming catalog.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

evilskillit posted:

That's what I thought "Ohhh, EDF, gently caress yeah. Also Final Fantasy 13, LOL!" So I took a picture of the best and the worst of the Awfuloffice gaming catalog.

Is the whited-out disc EDF 2025?

rubber cat
Jul 1, 2002

I remember like 10 years ago when Lowtax got that Last Supper painting and everyone went "Robocop I can understand, but why James Woods :confused:"

So much history on these walls...........

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

SomethingAwfulOffice @AwfulOffice · 9 Dec 2011
"that's a lot of toilet paper needs!" -- some lady owning shmorky at the grocery store

So his going through poo poo-tickets like a madman is not a new thing.

evilskillit
Jan 7, 2014

METAL TOADS

Light Gun Man posted:

Is the whited-out disc EDF 2025?

I don't remember and thanks to my lovely camera we can't know, but lets just say yes, because that's how I'd like to remember it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

evilskillit posted:

I don't remember and thanks to my lovely camera we can't know, but lets just say yes, because that's how I'd like to remember it.

I'm with you on this.

Also reminder that this thread means Lowtax is finally succeeding at something he once failed at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWkqKNzuGe8

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Light Gun Man posted:

I'm with you on this.

Also reminder that this thread means Lowtax is finally succeeding at something he once failed at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWkqKNzuGe8

This is Soo funny !

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SilvergunSuperman posted:

SomethingAwfulOffice @AwfulOffice · 9 Dec 2011
"that's a lot of toilet paper needs!" -- some lady owning shmorky at the grocery store

So his going through poo poo-tickets like a madman is not a new thing.

Or maybe Shmorky was a long term thinker?

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
I may have missed it in someone else's pics but I liked Lowtax's office door nameplate:

It was nice visiting you and your dog rules, man. Thanks for brisket and a terrible movie.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Totally should have stuck that Man Toilet sign on the bathroom, you could have avoided the toilet paper explosion

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

Equine Don posted:

I heard a hilarious story about schmorky but Richard made me swear I wouldn't post it.

please PM.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

thats a cool office. rip

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Sappo569 posted:

Totally should have stuck that Man Toilet sign on the bathroom, you could have avoided the toilet paper explosion

:lol:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Awesome times over there. Just one question that haunts me even now.

I noticed something in the right-hand bathroom. That bathroom was better-kept than the left-hand bathroom vomiting out an endless stream of toilet paper. However, something caught my eye.

Out of abject curiosity I opened it and glanced through it. I wish I had not.

Jesus loving christ.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So is the Goon Fort dead now

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
27 of 28 people found the following review helpful
I laughed, I cried, I learned what it is like to be human
By R. Kyanka on April 12, 2014
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase
Dontrel's Tales whisk the reader away to a magical land with a story as old as time itself. There's plenty of humor, adventure, and excitement for readers of any age or upward mobility potential. This is a book you can give to your children and say, "here, child, take this book" and they will take it if you have raised them properly. You can also give this book to other people, who may or may not take it (for example, they might not take it if their hands are holding something else or they did not hear you). Regardless, the poetry and prose that grace this novel are an experience unlike no other, and I wholeheartedly recommend it to any human being of sound mind and body.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I had fun with you guys all three days. I would say I'm going to miss the offices, but Pleasant Hill is a hellhole and I won't miss it at all!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

How long did you have the office anyway?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

mysterious loyall Y posted:

How long did you have the office anyway?
Half a decade or so I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Maybe you should set up a PO Box or something, so goons can still send you weird things. I imagine you won't be giving out your home address as freely as your office address.

• Locked thread