Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014

mabels big day posted:

No mention of Dyna-Blade is sad. That was my favorite when I played it

Dyna Blade is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dyna blade is lame poo poo you have to play through to unlock great offensive and revenge of metaknight

that said it does have this track http://youtu.be/bqZLcFFCREQ which is like sex

Dec 26, 2012

nothing in kirby superstar is lame poo poo

that said dynablade gets a bit overshadowed by the others

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

01011001 posted:

nothing in kirby superstar is lame poo poo

that said dynablade gets a bit overshadowed by the others

Gourmet Race not having multiplayer is literally the only thing wrong with the game

AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014

Looper posted:

Gourmet Race not having multiplayer is literally the only thing wrong with the game

yes

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Heavy Lobster posted:

Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is the second best Kirby game right behind Superstar imhio (in my humble imp op.).

it's hard to beat any game that you can play with three of your best buddies, but tbh i found the single player to just be a middling kirby game that kind of expected you to bring some friends along

Bobnumerotres posted:

that said it does have this track http://youtu.be/bqZLcFFCREQ which is like sex

why would you link the ds version of that track, ds has a pussy rear end synth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwXbfSk8yAc

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Nov 21, 2014

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

The White Dragon posted:

why would you link the ds version of that track, ds has a pussy rear end synth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwXbfSk8yAc

The DS remake's soundtrack was disappointingly tinny, and I also found the sprite work to be very wanting, same with the minigames. Also I think they made it so that Plasma would lose charge from the max level over time? I mean the additions are good enough that it's more than okay that the updates are eh, but am I imagining things or were there a lot of little weird choices made?

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

My Friend and the Setting Sun...

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Endorph posted:

meta knight's revenge

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
great cave offensive, but the best part was the finale of revenge of meta knight.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
yeah it's great cave offensive

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

But what is the best Kirby game? I like Kirby's Adventure, but I think Superstar is also a good choice.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
probably either super star or triple deluxe imo.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

But what is the best Kirby game? I like Kirby's Adventure, but I think Superstar is also a good choice.

The Great Cave Offensive

Booty Scope
Oct 11, 2004
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Gotta go with that Great Cave Offensive, wish that poo poo was its own game. Them RPG battles. If you didn't have a brother to play this poo poo with I feel bad for you.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Talkc posted:

Serious note, I can't pick. It ranks as one of my favorite games of all time, to the point that from Great Cave Offensive on through the fight with Marx the game is just pure good. It must be noted that Meta Knight's Revenge has some of the best kirby music in the series.

This guy has it right, the game is just loving great and picking just one is insane

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
It's Revenge of Meta Knight.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I played Super Star before Adventure so I had no idea who Meta Knight was or why his revenge was such a big deal

good game tho

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Most of the minigames are good but only one is Great.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

AHungryRobot posted:

probably either super star or triple deluxe imo.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

meta knightmare ultra

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Aston posted:

Most of the minigames are good but only one is Great.

they're mostly great, in fact

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Great Cave Offensive is lore-unfriendly. Wtf does Kirby want with treasure.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

PantsBandit posted:

Great Cave Offensive is lore-unfriendly. Wtf does Kirby want with treasure.

buy food

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The Arena is actually underrated, because it inspired all-star mode in the Smash Bros games.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
This is a controversial position to take, but nowadays I most consistently revisit Return to Dreamland.

Also all Kirby games are almost consistently the best games that Nintendo makes. Except Epic Yarn, which was disappointing.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
epic yarn is cool

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

Except Epic Yarn, which was disappointing.

the gently caress is this poo poo

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
It just wasn't on par with the rest. It looked the look but it didn't play the play. The level design was generally bland, saved only from being outright boring by throwing add much exotic gameplay as it could (tank mode, dolphin, etc).

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Great Cave Offensive had really good music.

Dec 26, 2012

Heavy Lobster posted:

The DS remake's soundtrack was disappointingly tinny, and I also found the sprite work to be very wanting, same with the minigames. Also I think they made it so that Plasma would lose charge from the max level over time? I mean the additions are good enough that it's more than okay that the updates are eh, but am I imagining things or were there a lot of little weird choices made?

i dont really mind that nerf that given that abusing plasma is a large part of how i got through the arena

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FactsAreUseless posted:

kirby 3, if only for the soundtrack

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

kirby 3, if only for the soundtrack
Do you mean Kirby's Dream Land 3?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

seiferguy posted:

The Arena is actually underrated, because it inspired all-star mode in the Smash Bros games.

castlevanias also have boss rush though

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Do you mean Kirby's Dream Land 3?

yes, host to such fun tracks as grass land 3 and ripple field 1

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

mabels big day posted:

No mention of Dyna-Blade is sad. That was my favorite when I played it

The problem with Dyna-blade is that its gimmick of a World Map doesn't really work with such a short game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Gimbal lock posted:

This is a controversial position to take, but nowadays I most consistently revisit Return to Dreamland.

Also all Kirby games are almost consistently the best games that Nintendo makes. Except Epic Yarn, which was disappointing.

Return to Dreamland is really, really good and has a ton of content. Only kirby game that holds a candle to superstar IMO, but i havent played triple deluxe.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

The problem with Dyna-blade is that its gimmick of a World Map doesn't really work with such a short game.

Pretty much this, if it had more time to really be a full game instead of just a transitional one then it would have been a lot more fun because unlocking the training zones were very neat and it was fun to have an endless stream of mooks to suplex

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i am pretty sad that the new claymation kirby game is going to be a drawing game instead of a traditional one. im sure it'll be good but...my kirby fix :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

i am pretty sad that the new claymation kirby game is going to be a drawing game instead of a traditional one. im sure it'll be good but...my kirby fix :(

I'm surprised there hasn't been anything in the way of a Kirby fangame community in the same way that "Metroidvania" is now I guess a subgenre. The only other game I can think of that does the whole "copy your enemies' powers" thing is Brave Fencer Musashi back on the PS1 (which you should play) and even then it's only sorta the same mechanic.

• Locked thread