Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

great cave offensive is pretty badass

milky way wishes is cool, and the DSmake adds a bunch of very cool very hard modes, including one where you play as metaknight and wreck poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Looper posted:

Great Cave Offensive is real good but I like Milky Way Wishes because you can be yoyo Kirby forever and it also lets your co-op buddy use copy forever (or just play like P1 but eh), aka the best power sets for each

theres also a slight metroidvania element to it where you can go back to old levels with new powers and discover new sections and poo poo

kirby and the amazing mirror is that idea expanded to a full game and it's pretty loving cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

01011001 posted:

is it harder than the original's arena or something because that already took some doing

in the DS make there are 10 new bosses, most of them are just harder versions of existing bosses (masked dedede, wham bam crystal, final marx) and then there's Galacta Knight who is a total beast

you need to fight the 10 of them in a row, but instead of five maxim tomatoes you get five regular tomatoes which restore about 20% of your health each

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

darealkooky posted:

lol if you don't use suplex or parasol 24/7

uhh my idiot friend was like "what but suplex doesnt work on bosses" and i was like WATCH THIS and i suplexed one of the counter stars youre given into dedede's fat face and ruined him

suplex is the best

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Countblanc posted:

samurai kirby

i think the last cpu opponent in that would slice you in 9 miliseconds which is humanly impossible to react to so you just had to get lucky

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Looper posted:

I can beat the True Arena but I have never defeated Meta Samurai

i think even in a dangerous situation human reaction time is more than .10 seconds so dont feel any shame

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dyna blade is lame poo poo you have to play through to unlock great offensive and revenge of metaknight

that said it does have this track http://youtu.be/bqZLcFFCREQ which is like sex

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Gimbal lock posted:

This is a controversial position to take, but nowadays I most consistently revisit Return to Dreamland.

Also all Kirby games are almost consistently the best games that Nintendo makes. Except Epic Yarn, which was disappointing.

Return to Dreamland is really, really good and has a ton of content. Only kirby game that holds a candle to superstar IMO, but i havent played triple deluxe.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i am pretty sad that the new claymation kirby game is going to be a drawing game instead of a traditional one. im sure it'll be good but...my kirby fix :(

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

realtalk: does triple deluxe have challenging content after all the main easy poo poo? because return to dreamland's main story was fairly easy (final boss was a motherfucking bitch) but then you get Ex mode where you have half health, enemy spawns are randomized and bosses get new attacks and even new forms later on.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

well kirby's backstory involves him being some sort of cosmic deity born with all the power of a star, hence how his mouth leads to a black abyss and he's able to absorb anything while sustaining no damage

metaknight is of the same race, but he's not as powerful, however he tries drat hard whereas kirby never really had to and is a goofy gently caress

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Blackheart posted:

BN3 go play triple deluxe this loving instant

ive been meaning to. but now that i have smash that'll be postponed for a few years

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjccyjVg7NA

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Y-Hat posted:

dream land 3 is an overlooked game, and that's a shame because it's really good and the graphics are excellent

dreamland 3 is overlooked because while it had a cool art style it came out after superstar and it was a big step down feature-wise (only a handful of powers, the powers didnt have any special moves, not a lot of variety in level design).

it's also very short and insanely easy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mario mainline games don't have any turds, as well as zelda unless you couldnt get past the controls in skyward sword.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sword was cool and an obvious zelda reference but the air attacks bounced off of everything and the ground combo would move you around, putting you in danger. it also dealt poo poo damage.

best one was yo-yo really. great range, went through walls for puzzles, great running attack, powerful boss killer. and it was cool as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mirror was really cool but it was cheap because if you blocked with it, you got complete invulnerability to all damage instead of just reduced damage.

• Locked thread