Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Megaton Punch. loving break Popstar in half cause you are a loving force of loving nature DEITY.

Serious note, I can't pick. It ranks as one of my favorite games of all time, to the point that from Great Cave Offensive on through the fight with Marx the game is just pure good. It must be noted that Meta Knight's Revenge has some of the best kirby music in the series.

God loving damnit. Excuse me while i play the game again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

Thank you for posting this. This is a good example of why Revenge of Meta Knight is better than Great Cave Offensive.

Great Cave Offensive is the story of Kirby being too stupid to not fall into a mine.

Revenge of Meta Knight is the story of Kirby being such an impossible force of nature, that when he is shot with one of the most powerful weapons in the universe.....

It just slows him down, for honestly just a level.

Revenge of Meta Knight is Part 1 of the story of how kirby is the most dangerous thing in his existence. He takes down the most powerful military vessel in Popstar. And mostly does it out of spite. At every turn Meta Knight sends his most powerful weapons after kirby. Heavy Lobster. Heavy Lobster can fire hyper beams, and kirby continually just fucks poo poo up.

In the end Meta Knight basically SACRIFICES himself, to run kirby off, just long enough to save his staff. Meta knight doesn't enter the last fight with winning in mind. He is there as a distraction so that people can abandon ship.

This leads me into Milky Way Wishes, or as i like to call it: How Kirby got tricked into loving up Space Time.

Kirby is powerful. Super loving powerful. We see this ALL the time.

In Milky Way Wishes. he is tricked into making the conditions for the perfect wish, by Marx. How does kirby do this?

By aligning the planets of Popstar's solar system, to bring out NOVA.

Nova is literally the Space Time clock of the Kirby universe. It is what keeps Space Time as Space Time. Kirby draws Nova out, and fucks it up internally just for the chance to make a wish.

Then Marx bounces in and steals the wish. TO become ALL POWERFUL. He wished a perfect wish to become the most powerful thing in the Dreamland universe.

And what is Kirby's response? He kills the (now) Most powerful being in Dreamland.

Which leads me to the Idea that King Dedede hating kirby, being a SMART thing. Kirby can gently caress poo poo up just by walking past it. King Dedede might not always be a benevolent ruler, but largely he just wants to keep Some status Quo. Which kirby largely is the opposite of. Eventually even Dedede realizes that opposing Kirby doesn't work. Which is why by the time we get to Return to Dreamland, they team up. You can't fight kirby and win. It just doesnt work.

Kirby is like some sorta god of entropy or destruction in his universe. And that is loving awesome :black101:

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

Bobnumerotres posted:

well kirby's backstory involves him being some sort of cosmic deity born with all the power of a star, hence how his mouth leads to a black abyss and he's able to absorb anything while sustaining no damage

metaknight is of the same race, but he's not as powerful, however he tries drat hard whereas kirby never really had to and is a goofy gently caress

That is the other thing about Kirby. He is dumb. Dumb and largely motivated by base instinct. Which makes him sorta scary too. If you even loving resemble cake in the slightest, you're probably hosed in the Dreamlandverse.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

Heavy Lobster posted:

i wrote my undergrad thesis on video games and even i put less thought into them than this post does

Which is funny. Considering you are Heavy Lobster.

• Locked thread