Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Great Cave Offensive is real good but I like Milky Way Wishes because you can be yoyo Kirby forever and it also lets your co-op buddy use copy forever (or just play like P1 but eh), aka the best power sets for each

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Why hasn't yoyo been in more games?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

i think the last cpu opponent in that would slice you in 9 miliseconds which is humanly impossible to react to so you just had to get lucky

I can beat the True Arena but I have never defeated Meta Samurai

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

01011001 posted:

nothing in kirby superstar is lame poo poo

that said dynablade gets a bit overshadowed by the others

Gourmet Race not having multiplayer is literally the only thing wrong with the game

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I played Super Star before Adventure so I had no idea who Meta Knight was or why his revenge was such a big deal

good game tho

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Heavy Lobster posted:

I'm a big fan of theorycrafting and general masturbatory video games talk (this is why I follow the Morrowind thread closely) but I just have such a low tolerance for "well it's pretty dark if you think about it" nonsense because literally every video game can be explained away by variations on "IT'S PURGATORY MAAAN" because no poo poo a game's characters exist in a static universe you are interacting with high level binary configurations dweebus

Lighthearted games like Pokemon and Kirby and most Nintendo franchises also have tons of this poo poo around them because even gamers that aren't open about it have to make sure their media has undercurrents of Dark Grittiness apparently, god forbid the cutesy game doesn't confront big questions in any direct or meaningful way

Gourmet Race is purgatory

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Not waiting for your opponent to punch first is incredibly poor sportsmanship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
There are three schools of Kirby (action, chill, and abstract) and it would be rather crass and unkirby to weigh games of two separate schools (Super Star and Dreamland 3)

• Locked thread