Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Are the screens any bigger or clearer

Even the relatively giant XL screens hurt my eyes after half an hour or so (with 3D off of course), still haven't beaten link between worlds as a result
i think the standard new 3ds has a slightly bigger screen but the xl is the same size. that's what i remember hearing anyway.

also

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I'm going to get this portable console, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Inflammatory posted:

i think the standard new 3ds has a slightly bigger screen but the xl is the same size. that's what i remember hearing anyway.

this is correct

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

zen death robot posted:

i'll probably get this, xfer my games and sell my special edition xl to some zelda fanboy

i can't possibly bring myself to sell mine, even though this sounds rad

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Ciaphas posted:

Are the screens any bigger or clearer

Even the relatively giant XL screens hurt my eyes after half an hour or so (with 3D off of course), still haven't beaten link between worlds as a result

while they are the same size, they do seem clearer somehow. maybe it's just getting a fresh screen, maybe it's the automatic brightness that works pretty much perfectly, maybe it's improved display technology or maybe it's just the psychology that comes with the tactile sensation of holding something that feels nicer, but things actually do look clearer on there. ugly pixely messes look uglier and really nice graphics look nicer. take pushblox (pushmo), i was stuck on this bonus puzzle for a while on the old 3ds but on the new one the minimap on the bottom screen was so much less fuzzy the solution just popped right out in the first five minutes of playing it.

update: playing pokemon, the sound on those new bigger speakers is much much better, even better than i had thought, but sometimes with the volume all the way up you get a sympathetic buzz from something near the right speaker when a certain high note is played during the battle music. turning the volume down a smidge fixes it, and its only for that one note, but still.

chaosbreather fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 22, 2014

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

zen death robot posted:

its me i'm the dude stalking teh op trying to steal his games

ganbare

Khaal
Mar 22, 2008
i wonder if you can use the nub thing to control the camera on mgs3... the default controls suck rear end and i don't wanna get a cpp :ocelot:

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Khaal posted:

i wonder if you can use the nub thing to control the camera on mgs3... the default controls suck rear end and i don't wanna get a cpp :ocelot:

any game that supports CPP works out of the box with C stick. it just works bro

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does this mean older 3ds are cheaper now,

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Maybe but don't buy one, there are games coming out that will be new 3ds only and probably also the virtual console libraries for the consoles that were too much for the old

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Unless they finally put SNES games on a handheld I don't give a poo poo.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
As a left handed person I absolutely hate the Nintendo DS so I will probably not purchase this when it comes out.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

As a left handed person I absolutely hate the Nintendo DS so I will probably not purchase this when it comes out.

How the gently caress is this supposed to make sense.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its not like they make games that rely on the touch screen gimmick anymore

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Yeah they really don't. I played the hell out of Mario 3d land and I can't even remember what the bottom screen was used for honestly

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

gay skull posted:

Yeah they really don't. I played the hell out of Mario 3d land and I can't even remember what the bottom screen was used for honestly

Yeah, now it's just the lovely 3D I don't want to shell out for. All that poo poo does is hurt my eyes. And not produce 3D. :smith:

And don't tell me to get a 2DS because that loving piece of poo poo doesn't even fold.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you can just not use the 3d

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i suppose i should ask, does it feel any more comfortable than the previous 3dses or is it still roughly the same, because i gotta say my 2ds is a hell of a lot more comfortable to use for long periods of time than my XL was

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Endorph posted:

you can just not use the 3d

I don't like buying things I can't use. :rubshands:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

but you're using the 3ds to play cool games

you just aren't using the 3d feature

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
i was gonna get an old one cheaper once the new ones are out, but gently caress.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

is hitler's gay secret that he's retarded or something

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

never used the picture in picture on my tv. guess i'd better throw that poo poo out

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Sorry that I don't like paying $200 for a device that's main dealeo is something I can't use because I was born with poo poo eyes. :shrug:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bought a book and didnb't read the dedication. waste of loving money imo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sorry that I don't like paying $200 for a device that's main dealeo is something I can't use because I was born with poo poo eyes. :shrug:

its "main dealeo" is playing vidgames. the 3d poo poo is a dumb gimmick that i've turned on like twice ever

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Fungah! posted:

its "main dealeo" is playing vidgames. the 3d poo poo is a dumb gimmick that i've turned on like twice ever

I'm tired of Nintendo's retarded "gimmicks". A tablet controller, what a great idea! And a remote controller too! Better make sure you have plenty of space in your poo poo apartment to actually use your consoles! :suicide:

Why can't they just go the way of Sega and just make videogames. :smith:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's main deal is playing ownage games

i never use the 3d and i definitely got my money's worth out of the console

i mean nobody ever used the VMU poo poo on the dreamcast but the dreamcast still ruled

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I'm tired of Nintendo's retarded "gimmicks". A tablet controller, what a great idea! And a remote controller too!

Why can't they just go the way of Sega and just make videogames. :smith:

the tablet controller is actually a good idea tho

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I'll just wait until their 4KDS comes out and buy a 3DS-XL for $50 then.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

think of it this way: you're paying for a 2DS that folds :angel:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Discount Viscount posted:

It's like they didn't even want the 2DS to sell.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Discount Viscount posted:

this is exactly my problem

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

someone make a way to put 3ds games on a monitor or TV, that doesn't cost like two hundred dollars, please

even with the XL and with 3d off, it just hurts my eyes then my head so much using that thing for more than maybe 20-30 minutes at a time

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

someone make a way to put 3ds games on a PC screen that doesn't cost like two hundred dollars, please

even with the XL and with 3d off, it just hurts my eyes then my head so much using that thing for more than maybe 20-30 minutes at a time

what

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

my eyes are useless loving rubbish :smith:

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Ciaphas posted:

my eyes are useless loving rubbish :smith:

happy gaming

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES
The 2DS folds, but only once.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

AndyAML posted:

The 2DS folds, but only once.

I'm not looking to buy a new 2DS every time I want to play Phantom Hourglass.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Does Mario go Wahoo better in the new one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i enjoy the xl 3ds cause I can actually read the fonts

• Locked thread